Paperwork is one of the most common parts of most office jobs. Yet, it is critical to have a reliable business printer or office printer available to have that paperwork on hand. With a wide range of options on the market, it can be hard to know which options are the best option for your specific needs. The good news is that today's printers are far more reliable than older models. They also are more affordable and can handle a large workload of functions. As you look at the products available for your office, it may help to have a few tips about buying the best model for your space.
Lenovo offers a wide selection of business printers that you can choose from, including today's best models and styles. All you have to do is compare the options available to find one that works for your needs. Check out several of the options we offer. We are confident you will find a printer that can help to ease the workload in your office or business space.
Types of Printers
Whether you have a large office space or a small one, the right printer needs to be able to handle the amount of work you need it to at the speed that is best for your space. Take a look at some of the business printers out there. Each type is a bit different, and they offer a wide selection of features to meet your needs.
· All in One Multifunction Printers: One of the more common options for those looking for small business printers is an all-in-one model. These are multifunctional as well because they perform more of the tasks offices often need in one printer. That may include scanning, copying, and faxing. For those that need to be able to do all of these tasks, a multifunctional printer is ideal. They tend to be smaller in overall size, and they are also more efficient to use. The cost of purchasing toner and paper for them tends to be much less.
In addition to this, many of these small business printers are far more beneficial for those who need a productive space without having to dedicate a lot of room to a larger printer. They can provide excellent quality and typically can be rather quick to print as well. That includes copies and scanning. For those that need a higher volume of printing, though, they can be problematic.
· Laser printers: For those businesses that need to have a lot of printing done on a routine basis, a laser printer can be a good overall choice. These can handle far more volume of printing, and they do it faster than other options out there. These printers can do this because they take the image or the text being printed and beam it onto a drum. The result of this is that the toner is attracted to it and then transfers onto the paper itself. It takes only a few seconds for the entire process to happen.
These may be the best printer for small businesses in situations where you need to print a large amount of paper on a steady basis. They can work very well for both images and text, creating graphics that are beautiful enough for presentations or ads.
Laser printers offer benefits like fast printing speed and a sharp, clean print. In addition to this, they tend not to jam as much as an all-in-one machine. They also can be more affordable for some organizations depending on the amount of ink and toner needed. They are also built for more impressive functions, which means they can handle more of the workload in your office.
· Inkjet printers: Another common option in business printers for sale is the Inkjet printer. There are some outstanding options available in these printers designed just for business use. They tend to be a good option for those who need smaller volumes of printing throughout the day. However, the quality of the images is excellent, which makes them a good overall option for those who want options in a photo or graphic printing.
They are also a good option because they are more affordable overall and easier to maintain. The cost of printing materials tends to be economical in most situations, too. You may even be able to refill inkjet cartridges to make it even more affordable overall. If you need office printers for just moderate to low volume needs, this could be an affordable option for your needs.
· Document scanning: As you consider the business printers for sale, also note that you may need a document scanning tool instead. Some businesses purchase printers because they need the scanning component. Standalone scanners, though, are affordable, and they can do a better job of connecting with the software that you are using with it. Use them to scan files, receipts, and other documentation into a software program for taxes, accounting, or even a patient’s file.
Key Features to Consider in Printers for the Office
It is worth taking some time to compare a few options to find the best printer for small business or larger offices by looking at the features available. Here are a few key things to keep in mind as you look at the new and used office printers available to you.
· Initial cost: When buying office printers, the initial cost of the printer is one of the most important factors to keep in mind. The larger and more robust the printer is, the higher the overall cost will be. Large-scale office printers tend to be able to handle the constant workload. They cost much more though. There may be no reason to spend that much for a small office space. A smaller and more economical choice can do the work needed for far less.
· Ongoing costs: All printers have problems sometimes, but the best are less likely to need repairs and maintenance overall. The long-term costs are important to consider. Often, the cheaper models of printers upfront will need replacement or repairs sooner. It is always a good idea to consider the cost of the printer itself along with maintenance needs. Used printers for sale are often a problem in this area. They may need a lot of repairs over time, especially if they were not well maintained to start with by a previous owner. Often, it is best to buy new so that you have a warranty to back up your purchase as well.
Also, consider the costs associated with the ink cartridges and toner. You may also want to consider how much it costs to power a printer. Large models can make a dent in your electrical bills if they are running all of the time.
· Print quality: When you are printing important graphics or impressive documents, you need a sharp, clean image. When you are printing documents that require less exacting details, you may not want or need to purchase a printer that can provide superior quality. Consider what your needs are. Any time you need high-quality images or to make a good first impression, it is best to choose a printer with a sharp, picture-like finish.
· Print speed: When looking at the office printers for sale, you may notice they state how many documents they can print per minute. This may not be a very important feature in a small office space, especially if you are printing infrequently. However, if you are printing a great deal and have projects lined up one after the other, then you may want to consider the print speed. A fast printer is a necessity in larger offices.
· Print type: Also, factor in the type of print the printer can produce. For example, if you are printing actual photographs or any type of high-end graphic, you may want to look for a printer that is designed for those needs. This is less important if you are printing with a grayscale.
· Functions: Some of the best office printers for sale do a lot of work for you. This includes a printer that can fax a document as well as scan or copy one. You may need a printer that is designed for connecting to numerous computer programs. Some have far more technology in them than others. Some offices need a specific type of connectivity. That could be standard Wi-Fi, but it may also be to Marpria Print Service or Apple AirPrint. This could be impacted by the type of computers within your organization.
· User interface: One reason people do not like to print documents is that it can be hard to do on some systems. Other printers have an easy-to-use format with a bright display that is easy to read and understand. You may want a very streamlined one, making it super easy to link to from a laptop or a desktop or with just a few key buttons to press to get results.
Finding the Right Printer at Lenovo
As a business owner, you need to have equipment that meets the needs of your employees consistently. If your existing printer is simply no longer providing the functionality and needs you have, it may be time to upgrade. We can help you at Lenovo.
Check out our large inventory of business printers. You will find various styles and types with some of the most innovative features available today. Best of all, you will notice that our computer systems and printers are priced right. If you need a great price on a high-quality printer, you are sure to find it here.
Take a look at the lineup of printers we offer. Lenovo offers excellent resources to help you choose, including full product breakdowns that let you compare one model to the next with ease.