Lenovo Computer Servers
If you or your business need a computer server, you’ve come to the right place. If you want the best server, you want to shop Lenovo. We have a reputation for offering high quality, top performing computer servers to fit any need, for operations large and small.
Choosing the right server may feel like a daunting task if you don’t know where to begin. That’s why we’ve compiled this guide to help you learn the ins and outs of all the different computer servers we offer at Lenovo. We’re want you to buy a server that will fit your unique needs.
Computer Server Basics
Servers are commonly described in terms of racks, towers, and units, sometimes called "U's." A server rack or tower can house multiple server U's. Servers are also referenced by their number of processors, so a 1P server has one processor, a 2P server has two, and so on.
Today’s businesses require two things from IT infrastructure: computing power and low operational costs. Lenovo 1P and 2P servers are built for just that – no matter what.
One and two processor servers (1P and 2P) combine performance and price, whether your application requires a server that’s suitable for the data center, or an entry-level server for departmental, distributed enterprise, and SMB applications.
Rack servers help businesses by combining quality, efficiency, and value, so you can meet all the demands of your business effectively. Rack servers are ideal for offices with dedicated IT closets or server rooms, with options from single CPU socket to dual CPU socket offerings, and height versatility from one rack unit to two, or 1U to 2U.
Tower servers get you powerful performance in a tower configuration that can fit in even the tightest spaces. Not to mention, provide a reduced footprint for ecofriendly companies.
Let's take a deeper look:
• 1U servers: A 1U server delivers server-class capabilities suitable for SMB companies seeking to scale up as IT needs grow. 1U servers are typically budget-friendly, presenting a cost-effective option for improved data processing, faster speeds, and in-house storage.
• 2U servers: 2U servers, or those with a 2U rackmount chassis, present a viable option if you’re looking to upgrade power and performance without a substantial hit to your budget. Most 2U servers provide the computing resources to perform enterprise and web applications, allowing SMBs to get enterprise-level quality at a realistic price.
Lenovo offers 1P/2P tower servers, as well as rack servers that make obtaining a reliable IT solution easy, simple, and affordable for SMB.
Learn more about choosing the right server for your small business in our guide.
Computer Servers to Fit Every Need
Lenovo offers an excellent selection of servers. Searching for the best plex server? Servers with high power that save space? Or smaller servers for a home office?
Whatever you’re looking for in a server, Lenovo has you covered.
An Uninterruptible Power Supply Server or UPS Server is perfect for businesses that needs 24/7 server operation but can't afford a full back-up power system. So it's great for tech companies and other businesses with high-stakes data demands. If you can’t afford interrupted power service to your business location, then consider a UPS Server as an alternative.
If you want affordability and functionality, opt for a tower server. Tower servers are great for meeting cybersecurity and data storage needs without breaking the bank. They’re ideal for small businesses (or even home offices) that don’t need a full data center, and convenient tower servers can be stored under a desk, so they don't take up too much space. They also don’t require a lot of complex software or additional components, making them a viable, low-maintenance PC server option.
Servers For the Home Office and Small Business
Do you maintain a data-heavy business or hobby from home? Then you may need a server for your home office. Fortunately, Lenovo has numerous options to help you find the best home server. Typically, it's best to start with a small server, perhaps a space-saving tower model (a small server doesn’t have to mean less power). But if a tower model isn't right for you, Lenovo also has lots of other, entry-level servers that are simple to use and deliver great performance.
Entry-level servers, enterprise-level power
Small business doesn’t mean small workloads. Lenovo's entry-level 1P/2P servers are the perfect fit for any growing business. You don’t need a staff of IT managers, either—SMB servers are designed for companies seeking improved performance and productivity, even if they've got few resources or little technical know-how.
After all, why shouldn’t your servers run as smoothly as your business? And for medium-sized companies on the larger end of the spectrum, Lenovo offers several server models that are suitable for intense, enterprise-level needs.
These servers provide a combination of capability and capacity to keep your operation moving:
· HPC Servers: Lenovo high-density servers blend raw power and space-saving design to optimize the computing power to space ratio. These servers deliver massive computing capability in a small footprint to handle your heaviest loads with ease – they're perfectly structured for artificial intelligence, technical computing, and cloud applications.
· Always-On MCS Systems: For reliability and enhanced uptime on your most critical workloads, Lenovo mission-critical servers can bring you peace of mind. With robust performance and easy scalability, you can back your enterprise with the best.
· For Future-Defined Data Centers: ThinkSystem servers are constructed with the data center in mind and are driving today's market, with impressive storage density and connectivity options. Ideally positioned to host server, network, and storage virtualization, Lenovo ThinkSystem servers bring flexibility and computing power to your enterprise.
Affordability meets #1 reliability
No matter your application, Lenovo 1P and 2P servers emphasize dynamism and reliability. Why trust your computer server needs to any system that isn’t built with you in mind? Lenovo small and medium-sized business server solutions are engineered to supercharge your IT operations.
Use a system you can rely on: Lenovo servers continue to be the industry’s #1 most reliable systems1, with the industry’s highest customer satisfaction2 rating.
1 2016-2017 Global Hardware, Server OS Reliability Report, ITIC; October 2016
2 2H16 Corporate IT Buying Behavior and Customer Satisfaction Study, TBR; December 2016
Small business server savings
Don’t forget: The best way to buy a server at the best price is through a FREE LenovoPRO membership. Join today to browse and save on Lenovo’s extensive array of Think server offerings.
LenovoPRO members are treated with up to an additional 5% off existing savings, 1:1 support, free expedited delivery, business financing, and more!