|Description||Lenovo ThinkPad P71|
?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected.
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Processor (6M Cache, 2.8GHz, max. 3.8GHz)
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7820HQ Processor (8M Cache, 2.9GHz, max. 3.9GHz), vPro
- Intel Xeon® E3-1505M v6 Processor (8M Cache, 3.0GHz, max. 4.0GHz), vPro
- Intel Xeon E3-1535M v6 Processor (8M Cache, 3.1GHz, max. 4.2GHz), vPro
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro.
?The display is the screen. Higher resolutions displays allow you to fit more content on the screen at once. IPS displays offer better colour and wider viewing angles.
- 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, 300 nits
- 17.3" UHD (3840 x 2160), IPS, 300 nits
|Discrete Graphics Options|
- NVIDIA® Quadro® M620M 2GB
- NVIDIA Quadro P3000 4GB
- NVIDIA Quadro P4000 8GB
- NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
?Memory, aka RAM, is used to store data temporarily as you are actively working on your laptop. It is not where your data is permanently stored. More memory can help your system run faster, especially if you have a lot of programs open at the same time.
Up to 64GB / DDR4 2400MHz, ECC or non-ECC (ECC function supported only on Xeon processor), 4 x SO-DIMM sockets
720P HD camera
?Storage is where data, like documents and applications, resides permanently on your computer. Not to be confused with memory, which is only active when the computer is in use. Larger files like media files will need larger storage.
Up to 4 drives (2 x M.2 SSD + 1 HDD + 1 HDD via optical bay)
- SSD / PCIe NVMe - TLC, OPAL 2: 256GB / 512GB / 1TB
- HDD / SATA, 2.5", 7mm high: 500GB 7200RPM / 1TB 5400RPM
DVD Burner (optional)
|Dimensions (W x D x H)|
416 x 275.5 x 29.9 - 34.2 mm
Starting at 3.3 kg
Li-Ion Cylindrical 8-cell (96Wh)
- Discrete graphics mode: up to 9.8 hours
- Hybrid graphics mode: up to 14.25 hours
6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, numeric keypad, optional backlight
3-button TrackPoint® pointing device and 3-button Mylar surface multi-touch touchpad
X-Rite® Pantone® colour calibration sensor (optional)
HD Audio, Realtek® ALC3268 codec / stereo speakers, 1.5W x 2 / dual array microphone, combo audio/microphone jack
Intel Ethernet Connection
?WiFi or Wireless comes down to B, G, N or AC. The basics are B and G, G being faster than B with more range. AC is the fastest, but N has the furthest range and more frequency options.
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® 4.1, M.2 Card
- 4 x USB 3.0 (1 x AlwaysOn)
- 2 x USB-C/Thunderbolt 3
- mini DisplayPort
- Ethernet (RJ45)
- Combo audio/mic
- CS13 Docking
- ExpressCard Slot
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- Smart Card Reader (optional)