ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5
ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5
Carbon-Tough Yet Ultralight.
Carbon-Tough Yet Ultralight.
Get Used to Checking Your Bag
At just 1.14 kg and 15.95 mm thin, the X1 Carbon is our business Ultrabook™ yet. You might find yourself checking a lot to make sure it's really there.
Sacrifice Nothing For Portability
With an 8% smaller footprint than previous generations, the new X1 Carbon is easier to hold, to carry, and to take your work on the go. But the best part? We’ve packed in even more processing power, more memory, and more storage to drive your business. Plus we managed to keep the 14″ display in a 13″ chassis. Now that’s innovation.
Up & Running Even If You’re Not
Even when WiFi is out of range, the new X1 Carbon has LTE-A (4G) option available —so you’ll always have connectivity and access to all your data and apps in the cloud.
From 0 to 80 in 60
The X1 Carbon delivers up to 15.5 hours of battery life. And if you’re running low, the rapid charging feature provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to more than 12 hours.
Prepare to Be Thunderstruck
The X1 Carbon includes Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3—the technology that brings lightning-fast Thunderbolt to USB-C at speeds up to 40 Gbps. Connect a cable from your USB-C port to a Thunderbolt 3-enabled device, and get four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other port type, while also supplying power. So you get Thunderbolt, USB-C, and DisplayPort. Plus, you can even output to two 4K displays with the Thunderbolt Dock.
No Re-Inventing the Wheel
Lenovo has shipped more than a 100-million ThinkPads, all with our award-winning, ergonomic, highly accurate keyboard. And the X1 Carbon delivers that same legendary interaction that IT pros and end-users alike have come to love and expect from ThinkPad—all day, every day.
Go Ahead-Forget Your Password!
With Windows Hello, you'll never have to remember another password. Simply touch the fingerprint scanner, or use the new infrared camera (optional) with advanced facial recognition technology to log in to your laptop.
We Mean ALWAYS Covered
X1 Carbon comes with a standard worldwide warranty. That means that you can get help in 160 countries. We work around the world so your business can too.
Ask An Owner
ThinkPad X1 Carbon (5th Gen)Ask An Owner
DESCRIPTION THINKPAD X1 CARBON GEN 5 Processor?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected.
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (3M Cache, 2.5GHz, max. 3.1GHz)
- 7th Gen Intel Core i5-7300U Processor (3M Cache, 2.6GHz, max. 3.5GHz), vPro
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro.
Display?The display is the screen. Higher resolutions displays allow you to fit more content on the screen at once. IPS displays offer better colour and wider viewing angles.
- 14" FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, IPS
- 14” WQHD (2560x1440), anti-glare, 300 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, IPS
Multi-touchNone GraphicsIntel HD Graphics 620 in processor only; supports external digital monitor via HDMI or USB Type-C; supports 3 x independent displays; max. resolution: 4096x2304 @60Hz (USB-C), 4096x2160 @24Hz (HDMI) Adaptor (optional)
- HDMI to VGA adaptor
- USB-C to VGA adaptor
- USB-C to DisplayPort adaptor
Memory?Memory, aka RAM, is used to store data temporarily as you are actively working on your laptop. It is not where your data is permanently stored. More memory can help your system run faster, especially if you have a lot of programs open at the same time.8GB, LPDDR3 1866MHz, soldered to systemboard, no sockets WebcamHD 720p resolution, fixed focus Storage1?Storage is where data, like documents and applications, resides permanently on your computer. Not to be confused with memory, which is only active when the computer is in use. Larger files like media files will need larger storage.
- M.2 SSD / SATA 6.0Gb/s: 128GB
- M.2 SSD / PCIe NVMe: 256GB OPAL2 / 512GB OPAL2 / 1TB OPAL2
Optical driveNone Dimensions (W x D x H)323.5 x 217.1 x 15.95 mm WeightStarting at 1.13 kg Case colourBlack BatteryIntegrated 3-cell Li-Polymer (57Wh) RapidCharge2 battery Battery life3Up to 15.5 hours AC adaptor65W USB Type-C RapidCharge
- Charge to 80% in 1.0 hour
- Charge to 100% in 2.5 hours
Keyboard6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight Ultranav™TrackPoint® pointing device and buttonless Glass surface multi-touch touchpad Fingerprint readerTouch style match on chip, on keyboard bezel Audio supportHD Audio, Conexant® CX11871 codec, stereo speakers, 2W x 2 / dual array microphone, combo audio/microphone jack EthernetVia Ethernet Extension Cable (optional):
- Non-vPro: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V
- vPro: Intel Ethernet Connection I219-LM
Wireless LAN?WiFi or Wireless comes down to B, G, N or AC. The basics are B and G, G being faster than B with more range. AC is the fastest, but N has the furthest range and more frequency options. Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® 4.14, M.2 Card Wireless WANSierra Wireless EM7430 (optional) SIM card slotMicro-SIM card slot (when configured with 4G card) NFCNone Ports
- 2 x Thunderbolt 3 / USB Type-C
- 2 x USB 3.0 (1 x AlwaysOn)
- Ethernet extension connector (optional)
- Micro-SIM (available on 4G model)
Specifications and availability may differ from that promoted or available from Lenovo resellers from time to time.
- Available free space excluding space occupied by installed Operation System, apps and programs, approx. 20GB ~ 60GB. More details: Why does my Hard Disk Drive (HDD) capacity appear to be smaller than expected?
- RapidCharge requires 65W AC adaptor
- MobileMark 2014. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
- Intel 8265ac / 18265ac card supports Bluetooth 4.2 but is limited to Bluetooth 4.1 by Windows OS
Accessories & Services
ThinkPad X1 Carbon (5th Gen)Accessories & Services
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
ThinkPad X1 Carbon (5th Gen)Models
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO MODELS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.