Laptops come in all sizes, each with distinct advantages for different user needs. At the smallest and lightest end of the scale are today's 11-inch laptops, whose displays typically measure 11.6 inches diagonally. They're easy to carry and can be used almost anywhere.
Don't confuse "small" with low-powered or low-functioning, however. Today, you can buy an 11-inch laptop with nearly every feature you'll find in a full-size model: advanced operating systems (OS), high-resolution displays, extra-long battery life, and more. There are even 11-inch 2-in-1s that you can switch between laptop and tablet modes.
Advantages of a small laptop
Many experts consider 11-inchers to be the smallest "true" laptops. Anything smaller might be just a "netbook" built just for web surfing and watching movies. Still, whether you call it a mini laptop, a micro laptop or an ultraportable, there's a lot to like in an 11-inch laptop:
Price savings: It's not unusual to find 11-inch laptops for $300 USD or less (more for advanced models).
Portability: Laptops are often called "notebooks," but these ultraportables are truly "notebook"-size.
Versatility: With operating systems from Microsoft and Google, small-screen laptops can be used for work or play.
Battery life: With a small display that draws less power, extended unplugged times are common in 11-inch laptops.
Buying an 11-inch laptop involves compromises. Compared to bigger systems, a mini laptop's compact frame usually means you'll get a smaller keyboard and comparatively slower processor (faster chips run hotter, making them ill-suited for the tiniest PCs). Yet while one user might feel limited by these factors, another might call them acceptable trade-offs for a system that truly fits on a crowded conference table or confined dorm room desk.
Wide range of Lenovo 11-inch laptop models
Lenovo's 11-inch laptops come equipped with either Microsoft Windows 10 or Google's Chrome OS. Some buyers prefer the Windows 10 models so they can run all their favorite software programs, as on any PC. Others prefer Chrome OS-powered Chromebooks for their extreme light weight and reliance on the cloud rather than big internal storage drives.
Whatever OS you choose, you'll find 11-inch laptop models in many of Lenovo's most popular PC brands (availability may vary by country and what's currently in stock):
ThinkPad: The most famous name in laptop technology includes a compact, 11-inch model, too.
Yoga: Our laptop-tablet 2-in-1s combine small size with ultimate flexibility and usability.
Chromebooks: We carry a wide range of Chromebooks purpose-built for lightweight portability.
Lenovo 300 series: These compact student/education laptops are perfect for the classroom.
Ready to shop for the Best 11 inch small laptops in 2022
We’ve made it easy, with this entire page dedicated to Lenovo's 11-inch systems.
For many consumers, the decision will come down to screen size and price. Is a super low price-point your top priority? Will an 11-inch display provide the visual landscape you need for office work (word processing, spreadsheets) or leisure activities (watching movies, social media)? There's no single "correct" answer. The choice depends entirely on what you need from your new laptop.
Lenovo 11 inch Laptops
Most people believe bigger is better, but when it comes to laptops, that is not always the case. Small laptops are not only light but also make perfect travel buddies.
Even though they’re smaller in size doesn’t mean they lack functionality. You can get the same power and performance from an 11 inch laptop as you would from one bigger in size.
Who can use an 11 inch laptop
While small laptops have many perks, they may not be the best for every use case. Here are some users who will benefit the most from an 11 inch laptop.
● Frequent travelers: If you’re always on the go, you should invest in an 11.6 inch laptop since it won’t take up much space in your carry-on or make your luggage too heavy. Plus, an 11.6 inch laptop easily fits on the limited table space you get on a plane. Being smaller in size, such a laptop won’t bother your neighbor either.
● Students: Students are always on-the-go from one class to the next carrying their backpacks around campus. Thus, they need smaller and lighter laptops that won’t strain their backs or arms. An 11th gen Intel laptop that’s 11 inches in size may be perfect for students.
● Casual users: As an everyday user who doesn’t have any specific needs, you may opt for a small 11 inch laptop. You can take your laptop along. if you want work at the coffee shop, watch a movie or catch up on your favorite creator’s YouTube videos.
● Beginners: Young adults or beginners who have recently made the shift from desktop computers to laptops will find 11 inch models quite convenient and easy to handle. A small 11th gen Intel laptop should meet all your beginner-level needs.
● Seniors: Most older adults don’t use their laptops for heavy editing, schoolwork, or extensive tasks. Rather, they use laptops for general purposes, like watching movies, searching the web, or online shopping. An 11.6 laptop will do the job for older adults who may be new to using tech and don’t have extensive needs.
● Apartment/dorm room residents: Anyone who lives in a dorm room or a small apartment knows that making space for all your belongings can be a difficult task. A larger laptop can take up a lot of desk space that you might need for your paper documents, printer, or other accessories. A small 11.6 laptop, such as the Evo 11.6 ultra thin laptop with its space-saving design, is a better alternative. However, it may fall behind in terms of RAM memory.
● Small business owners: As a small business owner, you probably wear many different hats to keep to your business operations running smoothly. You’re the social media manager, the photographer, and the marketer for your brand. All of these tasks require a laptop. A small laptop will fit perfectly in your at-home office. An 11 inch touch screen laptop with a convertible design and long-lasting battery may be just what you are looking for.
● Children: These days laptops are no longer an adult-only requirement. Kids need laptops for schoolwork too. A small laptop is perfect for children in elementary grades. Since small laptops are lightweight, kids can carry them in their book bags easily.
● Teachers: Depending on the subject, teachers may have advanced laptop needs. But most teachers can do well with a small laptop that has sufficient storage and long battery duration. Lenovo 11 inch laptop models are made for teachers and students, giving both types of users access to a wide assortment of teaching and learning apps.
As you can see, smaller laptops are suitable for many types of users. Just because you have extensive needs does not mean you need to get a bulky laptop. You can work just as well with a smaller laptop that has all the features you need.
Choosing the best 11 inch laptop for your needs
When you’re looking for the best 11.6 inch laptop, you need to make sure you select a laptop that’s perfect for your individual needs. For example, if you’re a student or a teacher, you’ll need to focus on the battery duration of the laptop since you’ll be carrying your laptop around the whole day.
But a business owner or someone who uses the laptop at in their business or home office doesn’t need to worry much about it. You’ll probably always be close to an electric outlet and can charge the laptop whenever you need.
Similarly, if you want to use your laptop for designing or editing, it would be helpful to have a convertible version that can be used as a tablet, when necessary. Here are some things to look for when you’re buying an 11 inch laptop.
● Good display: Your laptop display matters a lot since this is what you’ll be looking at when you’re watching something or working. It should be crisp and clear. Smaller laptops also have touchscreen displays, if that’s a requirement for you as well. Look for an anti-glare screen if you have to watch the screen a lot during the day.
● Decent battery: Everyone has different battery needs. Some people may need their laptop to run for at least six to seven hours a day. For others, a laptop with just three to four hours of battery duration may suffice. It’s up to you to choose what works for you.
● Convertibility: 2 in 1 laptops are great for people who want to use their laptops for multiple purposes. Do you like watching movies on your laptop? But at the same time, you also want to use it for school assignments or editing photos. If you can relate, a convertible laptop will be ideal for you.
● Keyboard: Unless you plan on buying a mouse separately, you are dependent on your laptop’s keyboard and keypad for navigation. Make sure the touchpad doesn’t have a jumpy cursor. Plus, it should respond to multitouch gestures, too, such as pinch-to-zoom functionality. Businesspersons should look for laptops with a nub between the G and H keys. In this way, they’ll be able to navigate on their screen without lifting their fingers from the keyboard.
● CPUs: The CPU is the brain of your laptop. The faster it works, the better performance you can expect from your laptop. For many people, an 11th gen Intel laptop works well. When you’re searching for laptops, look for ones whose CPU specs have 10 or 11 in the model number. Those are the latest core series from Intel. Considering that, an Intel 11th gen laptop will give you the best performance.
● Budget: At the end of the day, your budget matters a lot too. Fortunately, Lenovo has a wide range of laptops for people with different budgets. If you’re looking for something under $500, you can find the best 11 inch Chromebook that will fulfill your needs. A Chromebook 11 inch is also best for people who might have diverse needs and want a laptop that can fulfill all of them.
Accessorize your 11 inch laptop
Once you’ve got your Windows 11 laptop, it’s time to spice it up a little. You can get the following things for your laptop.
● 11 inch laptop case: An 11 inch laptop case will house your small laptop and keep it safe from any external wear and tear. For a slightly bigger laptop, look for an 11.6 laptop case. You can also get an 11.6 laptop case for your 11 inch laptop if you prefer keeping your charging cable or mouse inside the laptop case.
● Laptop sleeve: A 11 inch Chromebook sleeve is perfect for your laptop, especially if you have to carry the laptop around the whole day. It’s also good for flying since you don’t want dust and debris from your back to get inside the laptop. Carrying your small laptop in an 11 inch laptop sleeve will keep it safe from dirt and dust.
● Laptop bag: If you’re a teacher or corporate worker, it’s best to invest in a 5.11 laptop bag to keep your laptop safe. Most bags also have additional pockets where you can put your documents, paperwork, and other accessories. A 5.11 laptop bag is the right size for your 11 inch Chromebook, as anything bigger than this won’t be ergonomic.
● Bluetooth mouse: If you use your laptop for photo or video editing, the keypad may not suffice. You need a mouse to navigate through the screen. A mouse will go well with your 11 inch touch screen laptop as you can use the mouse for finer details. If you have an 11.6 inch laptop case, you can easily fit the mouse in it too.
Lenovo offers a comprehensive range of 11 inch laptops, and there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a Windows 11 laptop or you want a convertible laptop, you’ll find it all at Lenovo.com. Choose the best laptop based on your preferences.
If you’re contemplating a 11 inch vs 13 inch laptop, go for the latter if you need something lightweight, small, and compact. Meanwhile, the 13 inch laptop wins the 11 inch vs 13 inch laptop comparison if you need a larger screen and keyboard.
Is 11 inches good for a laptop?
11 inches is a popular size for laptops. It's small enough to be portable, but large enough to be practical. Many 11 inch laptops have great features and are very affordable. So, if you're looking for a laptop that's both portable and affordable, 11 inches is a good option.
Is 11 inches small for a laptop?
Well, it really depends on what you're looking for in a laptop. If you need a lot of power and storage, then 11 inches might be too small. But if you're just looking for something to browse the web and do some light work on, then 11 inches could be perfect.
Is 11.6 a good laptop?
11.6 inch laptops are a great option for those who want a portable computer when they are on the go. These laptops are small and lightweight, making them easy to carry around. 11 inch laptops also have a long battery life, so you can use them for extended periods of time without having to worry about recharging.