Gone are the days when you'd need to head over to a studio for music production. Today, you can find the best desktop for music production online and get it delivered to your doorstep to kick start your music production journey.
At Lenovo, you can find the best desktop for music production to meet your needs. Lenovo ThinkCentre and IdeaCentre desktops are among the best computers to produce music. Thus, if you're on the hunt for a desktop computer for music production, Lenovo is the right place to shop. Check our collection of music production computers online.
What is a Music Production Computer?
A desktop for music production is a computer specifically designed for music production. It has the necessary hardware and software to help you create, mix, and edit music.
Some of the features that make a good desktop for music production include a fast processor, plenty of RAM, a large hard drive, and a powerful graphics card. The best desktop computer for music production will have all these features along with a sleek design and modern finish.
Why Do You Need a Computer for Music Production?
Using a computer for music production has become the norm in the music industry. With the help of a computer, you can create and edit music with ease. Moreover, a computer for music production can help you add effects and transitions to your music to make it sound more professional.
If you're serious about making music, you need a good desktop for music production. The best computer for music production allows you to create music with ease and edit it to perfection. Here are some reasons to get a PC for music production:
● Easy to Use: Rather than learning how studio equipment works, you can fire up your computer and start making music.
● Edit Music with Ease: You can use a computer to edit your music tracks and add various effects. In this way, you can amp up your music even if you're a newbie with a limited budget.
● Upgrade at Your Pace: Most good computers for music production have room for upgrades. Thus, you can start with a basic system and gradually upgrade it as your needs change.
Apart from these reasons, using a computer for music production has other benefits as well. For instance, you can work on your music tracks from the comfort of your home. All you need is the best PC for music production and an internet connection - you're good to go!
How to Choose the Best Computer for Music Production?
When choosing a computer for music production, there are certain factors that you need to keep in mind. Firstly, you need to decide what type of music you'll be making.
If you're into making hip-hop or EDM, you'll need a computer with a lot of processing power. On the other hand, if you're into making acoustic or folk music, you won't need as much processing power, and you can save some money.
The next factor to consider is the software you'll be using. If you're only using essential software, you can get away with basic audio recording PCs.
However, if you're planning on using more resource-intensive software, you'll need to invest in a more powerful computer. So the last factor to consider is your budget.
If you have a limited budget, you'll need to be more careful about the computer's specs for recording music. Unfortunately, most computers for musicians have a high price tag due to their intensive specs and features.
However, you can find the best computer for making music even at a lower cost if you're ready to compromise on a few features. The best computer for music production is the one that meets your specific needs and requirements.
When choosing a computer for music recording, keep these factors in mind, and you'll find the perfect machine for your studio.
Specs to Look for in the Best Computer for Recording Music
Besides your personal preferences and budget, you need to consider a few specs. These are features of a PC built for music production must-have.
● 2.4 GHz Quad-Core or Higher Processor: The processor determines how fast your computer can run. When dealing with large music files, you want a processor to handle the load. Therefore, we recommend getting at least a 2.4 GHz quad-core processor for your Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) machine. You can find cheaper processors that run just as fast. But they may not be able to handle other programs you might need for recording and editing music.
● 4GB RAM or More: The best computer for music should at least have 4GB of RAM. It will allow you to run multiple programs simultaneously without any issues. For example, you can have your DAW open while running a virus scanner in the background. If you plan to do a lot of multitasking, we recommend getting 8GB or more of RAM.
● 64-Bit Operating System: Another feature to look for in computers for musicians is a 64-bit operating system. It will allow you to use more than 4GB of RAM if you have it installed on your machine. If your budget allows it, get a PC build for music production with Windows 10 pre-installed.
● 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive: An internal hard drive is where all your files will be stored. If you plan on recording high-quality music, you need a drive that can store large files. It's best to get an internal hard drive with at least 1TB of storage space.
● SSD Boot Drive: While a Hard Disk Drive (HDD) is suitable for storing large files, it can be slow when accessing them. That's why you should look for the best computer for making music with a Solid-state drive (SSD) drive to use as your boot drive. It will make your DAW load faster and increase the overall speed of your machine.
● DVD Drive: While most people never use them anymore, it's still wise to get a PC with a DVD drive. They're cheap, and you might need to install software from a disc at some point.
With these specs, you can rest easy knowing that you've got the best computer for recording music. However, keep in mind that the best computer for making music will also cost more. So you should be prepared to splurge.
Accessories for Music Production Computers
When you're curating your workstation for music production, you also need to consider accessories such as the best PC speakers for music and the best computer monitor for music production. Here are some accessories to look for:
● A Wide-Screen Monitor: First, you need a good monitor. Many music producers like to have two monitors: one for the main Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) window and another for email, social media, or other work. A single 27-inch IPS display is the best computer monitor for music production if you're on a budget. But if you can afford it, go for two 24-inch monitors.
● Speakers: When you're putting together the best computer for recording studio, you must consider your speakers. You don't need the best studio monitors money can buy, but you need something that will give you a clear, accurate sound.
● MIDI Controller: A MIDI controller is an essential gear for any music producer. It gives you hands-on control of your music software, and it's a lot more fun to use than a mouse and keyboard. There are many different Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI) controllers on the market, so find one that fits your needs and budget.
● A Good Microphone: You need a good microphone if you're recording vocals or instruments. It will be an ideal addition to the best computer for recording music at home.
● Headphones: You also need a good pair of headphones when you're recording or mixing. There are many different types of headphones, such as on-ear and in-ear. If you're looking for the best PC laptop for music production, you can even opt for earbuds.
● An Audio Interface: An audio interface is a device that connects your microphone, instruments, and headphones to your computer. Thus, it's a necessity for any workstation for music production.
Which Specs Should the Best Budget PC for Music Production Have?
The best computer for audio production must have specific specs to be able to handle the heavy workload. Here are the most important specs:
● Processor: The processor is the most critical component of any computer, and it's vital for music production. Look for a processor with at least four cores, such as the Intel Core or AMD Ryzen Series.
● Memory: It is another of the most important computer specs for music production. If you're on a budget, look for a computer with at least 8GB of RAM. But if you can afford it, go for 16GB or more.
● Storage: For music production, you need a lot of storage space for all your music files. Look for a computer with at least 500GB of storage, but 1TB or more is ideal for a music studio computer.
As you can see, there are quite a few things to consider when choosing the best computer for music production. Finally, when you're buying a computer for making music, it's essential not to compromise on quality. Lenovo is a leading manufacturer of PCs for music production, so you can be sure to find a great Lenovo computer that meets your needs.
More importantly, there's a computer for every price range. Whether you're a budding musician or have been in the field for quite some time, you can find the best PC laptop for music production on Lenovo. It's time to shop!