ThinkPad X390 (13.3") Laptop
ThinkPad X390 (13.3") Laptop
- A 13.3” business laptop with a 12” footprint
- More than 17.6 hours* of battery life
- Enhanced security measures like PrivacyGuard with PrivacyAlert** and ThinkShutter
- Global LTE capability
- Starting at:
Goes everywhere, takes you further
The ThinkPad X390 is a perfect traveling companion—slim and light, with great battery life. This 13" laptop is designed with a 12" footprint, and is easy to carry with a starting weight of only 2.7 lbs (1.22 kg). Its 17.6-hour battery can be charged to 80 percent capacity in 60 minutes with Rapid Charge, so you can plug it in during a layover and have plenty of battery life for the next leg of your trip. Plus, with optional global LTE-A WWAN, you’ll stay connected no matter where that leg takes you.
Packs a punch
The ThinkPad X390 carries some serious power behind its streamlined design, from its 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors, to fast PCIe SSD storage, to the enhanced audio experience of its dual far-field mics and Dolby Audio™ Premium. Take productivity on the go, and let these resources drive your business forward.
Dependability at home and abroad
The ThinkPad X390 work laptop was designed to handle the hectic demands of your job, no matter where those demands take it. Tested against 12 military-grade requirements, more than 200 quality checks, and containing soldered-down memory, it’s built to withstand extreme conditions. Back at the office, use the ThinkPad Pro Dock (sold separately), a USB-C side mechanical docking station that easily connects to and levels your laptop.
Keep your business, yours
The ThinkPad X390 display has PrivacyGuard*, exclusive technology to block its content from any viewing angles other than head-on, and alerts you if a shoulder surfer is trying to see it. ThinkShutter—a physical cover for the webcam—helps prevent outsiders from using the camera to spy on you. Add an optional Hybrid IR (infrared) camera and optional touch fingerprint reader for biometric login, adding another measure of security.
*Coming in Summer 2019
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for Lenovo ThinkPad X390
Description Specifications Processor
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8265U Processor (1.60GHz, up to 3.90GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 6MB Cache)
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8565U Processor (1.80GHz, up to 4.60GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 8MB Cache)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro – Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro
- 13.3" HD (1366 x 768, 250 nits) anti-glare
- 13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080, 300 nits) IPS anti-glare
- 13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080, 300 nits) IPS anti-glare multi-touch
- 13.3" FHD (1920 x 1080, 400 nits) IPS with PrivacyGuard (Available in Summer 2019)
GraphicsIntegrated Intel® UHD 620 Graphics BatteryUp to 17.6 hours with 48 Whr battery**Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors. Memory
- Up to 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (Onboard)
- *32 GB available in Summer 2019
StorageUp to 1 TB PCIe SSD Security
*Available in Summer 2019
- PrivacyAlert (requires PrivacyGuard)*
- Lock slot
- dTPM 2.0
- Optional Fingerprint reader
I/O (Input / Output) Ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** (one Always On)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** Type-C (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2** Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt 3 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- MicroSD card reader/Micro-SIM combination slot
- Smart card reader (Optional)
- Headphone / mic combo
- HDMI 1.4
- RJ45 via Ethernet Extension adapter (sold separately)
- WLAN: Intel® Dualband 9560 802.11 AC (2 x 2)
- Bluetooth® 5.0
- WWAN: Fibocom L850-GL 4G LTE-A Cat9 (Optional)
Dimensions (W x D x H)12.3" x 8.6" x 0.67" / 311.9 x 217.2 x 16.9 (mm) Webcam
- 720p HD with ThinkShutter privacy cover
- Optional: Hybrid Infrared (IR)
WeightStaring at 2.84 lbs (1.28 kg) Audio
- Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Dual far-field microphones
What's in the box
* Specifications may vary depending upon region.
- ThinkPad X390
- 65W AC adapter (required for Rapid Charge)
- Quick Start Guide
- 6 Cell Li-Ion 48Whr internal battery
** The actual transfer speed of the USB 3.1 [Gen 2] will vary and, depending on many factors, such as the processing capability of host and peripheral devices, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environments, will be slower than a speed of [10 Gbit/s]
- 1. USB-C AC power
- 2. USB-C Thunderbolt™ 3
- 3. Ethernet extension
- 4. USB 3.1
- 5. HDMI 1.4
- 6. Headphone/mic combo
- 7. Smart card reader (optional)
- 8. USB 3.1 (powered)
- 9. Kensington lock slot
- 10. MicroSD card reader/Micro-SIM slot combo
Lenovo ThinkPad X390 Top Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Lenovo ThinkPad X390 Models
Free Win10 Pro Upgrade
Lenovo offers a comprehensive portfolio of services to support and protect your ThinkPad investment—so you can focus on your business, not your IT.
Bypass phone menus and scripted troubleshooting to access advanced-level technicians with the expertise needed to quickly diagnose and solve problems.
Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
Protect your investment from operational or structural damage caused by common accidents like drops, spills, or electrical surges. This fixed-cost, fixed-term protection plan minimizes unexpected repairs for predictable budgeting and provides significant savings relative to the cost of non-covered repairs.
Get a fixed-term, fixed-price service solution to match the lifecycle of your device and fit within your budget. Choose from a range of solutions, including next business day on-site, 9x5x4, and 24x7 response time windows. Purchasing an extension at the time of a system purchase saves 15-30% over the price of purchasing it post-warranty.