ThinkPad X280 (12.5") Laptop
ThinkPad X280 (12.5") Laptop
Our agility enables yours
The thin and ultralight ThinkPad X280 optimizes your journey to success. All-day battery life with RapidCharge ensures uninterrupted inspiration on the go. And whether you’re in the office, at the corner cafe, or at 30,000 feet, you can rest assured your ideas stay yours with enhanced security features.
- Starting at:
"The crown jewel of the 2018 ThinkPad line is the new ThinkPad X280."
An IT administrator's dream
Quickly log in with ease — just the touch of your finger or the view of your face if you opt for the IR camera and use Windows® Hello. What’s more, the fingerprint reader thwarts biometric hacking with anti-spoofing technology — that means the fingerprint image is saved inside the chip, and as such, it’s not sent out for login authentication when you sign in.
Your data is protected too, with the discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM), which encrypts your information.
And if that’s not enough to make IT administrators love the new ThinkPad X280, then the FIDO authentication capabilities that ThinkPad is enabled with is sure to have them drooling. Fast Identity Online—or FIDO—enables hardened authentication that wraps your access info in three layers of security. FIDO authentication pertains to your online credentials, when you sign in to websites like Facebook or Google, or make payments via PayPal. This global solution creates better security for online services, reduces costs for organizations, and is simpler and safer for users.
When we completely redesigned the all-new ThinkPad X280, we took portability seriously. Which means you’re getting the most compact 12.5” Ultrabook®.
Primed for productivity
Despite its aggressively streamlined design, the ThinkPad X280 packs even more punch than previous models. From cutting-edge 8th Gen Intel® Core™ processors to fast PCIe SSD storage to its innovative security options, the ThinkPad X280 gives you the resources to drive your business forward.
Takes a beating in stride
From spilled drinks to drops and knocks, modern laptops need to withstand life on the road. The ThinkPad X280 has you covered. It’s tested against 12 MIL-SPEC requirements and passes more than 200 durability tests. Whether it’s a day at the office, or a day on the move, the ThinkPad X280 has you covered.
Go from 0 to 80 in 60 minutes
The ThinkPad X280 delivers up to 15 hours* of battery life. And if you’re running low, the RapidCharge feature provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a lunch break or a layover is a quick opportunity to bank more than 12 hours on your battery.
*MobileMark 2014 benchmark
Down with dongles
Connecting on the road—or even in your own conference room—can be a hassle. That’s why we’ve packed the ThinkPad X280 with a robust number of ports —including Thunderbolt™, USB Type-C, HDMI, and more.
Prepare to be thunderstruck
The ThinkPad X280 includes Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3—the technology that brings lightning-fast Thunderbolt to USB-C with data transfer speeds up to 40 Gbps. Connect a cable from your USB-C port to a Thunderbolt 3-enabled device, and get four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other port type, while also supplying power.
For your eyes only
Data security is more important than ever. That’s why we designed the ThinkPad X280 with a range of security options. ThinkShutter means you don’t have to put a sticker on your laptop camera to ensure privacy; just close it up when you’re not using it. The match-on-chip touch fingerprint reader gives you secure login without the hassle of passwords. The optional IR Camera also brings the ease of facial login with Windows Hello.
Lenovo Premier Support
Lenovo Premier Support provides direct access to skilled and experienced Lenovo technicians offering comprehensive hardware and software support. Our expert troubleshooters have the advanced technical know how and systems knowledge to quickly provide solutions and advice that will keep your hardware and software operating at optimal efficiency.
Learn more about Premier Support click here.
- Onshore advanced technical support , weekdays from 7am - 8pm (EST)
- Single point of contact for simplified end-to-end case management
- Next business day onsite labor and parts prioritization
- Reporting suite is available quarterly to measure and evaluate service levels and more
- Comprehensive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software and hardware support
- Dedicated Technical Account Managers for proactive relationship and escalation management
- Lenovo Solution Center with automated system error detection and support case creation
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for ThinkPad X280
Lenovo ThinkPad X280
Description Lenovo ThinkPad X280 Processor?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected.
- Up to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8650U with vPro™ (1.90GHz, up to 4.20GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
- Up to 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (2.50GHz, up to 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost, 3MB Cache)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro
Display?The display is the screen. Higher resolutions displays allow you to fit more content on the screen at once. IPS displays offer better colour and wider viewing angles.
- 12.5" HD (1366 x 768) anti-glare
- 12.5" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare multi-touch
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620
- Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- 720p HD with ThinkShutter and microphone
- Optional: IR camera - required for facial recognition. ThinkShutter is not available on configurations with the IR Camera.
Memory?Memory, aka RAM, is used to store data temporarily as you are actively working on your laptop. It is not where your data is permanently stored. More memory can help your system run faster, especially if you have a lot of programs open at the same time.Up to 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (onboard) Storage?Storage is where data, like documents and applications, resides permanently on your computer. Not to be confused with memory, which is only active when the computer is in use. Larger files like media files will need larger storage.Up to 1 TB PCIe-NVME M.2 SSD BatteryUp to 15 hours
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, & other factors
AudioDolby Premium Audio™ Security
- Match-on-chip fingerprint reader (Optional)
- Optional IR camera
- dTPM 2.0
- Kensington® Lock slot
I/O (Input / Output) Ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** (one Always On)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** Type-C (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2** Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt 3 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- HDMI 1.4
- Native RJ45 with dongle (sold separately)
- Microphone/headphone audio combo jack
- MicroSD card reader
Connectivity?Wireless comes down to B, G, N or AC. The basics are B and G, G being faster than B with more range. AC is the fastest, but N has the furthest range and more frequency options.
- WLAN: Intel® Dual Band 8265 Wireless AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 4.1 with vPro™
- WWAN: Fibocom L850-GL 4G LTE-A Cat9 (Optional)
Dimensions (W x D x H) 12.1" x 8.3" x 0.70" / 307.7 x 209.8 x 17.8 (mm) WeightStarting at 2.78 lbs (1.26 kg) Keyboard
- Spill resistant
- English (Optional backlit)
- Spanish (Optional backlit)
** The actual transfer speed of the USB 3.1 [Gen 2] will vary and, depending on many factors, such as the processing capability of host and peripheral devices, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environments, will be slower than a speed of [10 Gbit/s].
ThinkPad X280Top Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Free Win10 Pro Upgrade