ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (15”) Laptop Workstation
ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (15”) Laptop Workstation
Workstation power, luxury design
- Lenovo's most powerful 15.6" mobile workstation
- Powered by the latest generation processors
- Cutting-edge graphics
- Ultra-premium, thin and light chassis
- Cutting-edge Dolby Vision™ HDR OLED 4K UHD display options
- Starting at:
Workstation power, luxury design
The difference you can see and hearThe ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 is built to bring your senses to new heights with the option of a stunning Dolby Vision™ HDR 4K UHD OLED touchscreen panel that displays the most true-to-life colors the human eye can perceive. With the option of X-Rite Pantone® calibration, what you see on the screen will be exactly how it looks when printed. This is a content creator’s dream come true. With the Dolby Atmos® speaker system and dual far-field microphones, the brilliance of the ThinkPad P1 Gen 2's display is matched with a robust audio experience—whether you're listening to music or on a conference call.
All new levels of power
This mobile workstation is built to tear through the most demanding computing tasks. Whether you’re an architect using AutoCAD®, or a content creator using demanding visual effects software, with the latest Intel® processing and the all new NVIDIA® Quadro® T2000 GPU, this laptop will keep the applications you need for work running lag-free. With up to 4TB of storage space available, large files aren’t a problem. Additionally, this laptop includes ISV certification for ArcGIS®, AutoCAD®, Creo®, Decision Space®, McKesson®, Revit®, SolidWorks®, 3dsMax®, and more.
Buckle up for the fastest WiFi ever with WiFi-6. Built to reach speeds of up to 9.6 Gbps, it’s 2.7 times faster than WiFi-5 and designed to maintain optimal functionality in crowded networks. Cruise through downloads on your office network, or connect to several smart devices at home. The ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 can handle the traffic. And with a battery that doesn’t quit for up to 13 hours*, you have the freedom to go wherever you want.
*Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
Workstation power has never looked so good
Boasting ThinkPad’s signature black finish and encased in carbon-fiber and magnesium alloy, the ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 has the style to match the power inside. Purchase any UHD 4K display like the all-new OLED display and get our new carbon-fiber weave top and experience a design that is as modern and stylish as it is durable. At a mere 17.2mm thin, no one will mistake this machine for anything less than an ultra-premium must-have.
Built for any environment
Because you need reliability, the ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 mobile workstation is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure it runs in extreme conditions. From the Arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero gravity to spills and drops, you can trust this laptop to handle whatever life throws your way.
Small stature, immense capabilities
It’s not just power that the ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 packs into its slim chassis. It's robust connectivity that makes the real difference—including two Thunderbolt™ 3 ports, as well as USB 3.1 and HDMI ports—it puts other ultrathin mobile workstations to shame.
Protects your data and privacy
Keep your business data—and your privacy—safe with the ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 mobile workstation’s security features. Its discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) encrypts data and works in conjunction with Windows 10 security features. ThinkShutter, a physical camera cover, blocks the lens to ensure that you’re only seen when you want to be. The fingerprint reader uses biometrics to not only log you in with a simple touch, but protect you from spoofing attacks. Or, use the optional IR camera with Windows Hello to log in with your smile.Show MoreLess
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (15”) Laptop Workstation
Description Specifications Processor
- Intel® Xeon® E-2276M with vPro™ (2.80GHz, up to 4.70GHz with Turbo Boost, 6 Cores, 12MB Cache)
- Up to 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-9880H with vPro™ (2.30GHz, up to 4.80GHz with Turbo Boost, 8 Cores, 16MB Cache)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro for business
- Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64 (Xeon Processor only)
- 15.6" UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) OLED, 400 nits, AR/AS, multi-touch Dolby Vision™ HDR 500
- 15.6" UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS 500 nits, anti-glare with Dolby Vision™ HDR 400
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 300 nits, anti-glare, 72% NTSC
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS 500 nits, anti-glare, 72% NTSC, Dolby Vision™ HDR 400
- NVIDIA® Quadro® T1000 4GB
- NVIDIA® Quadro® T2000 4GB
- Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 630
- HD 720p with ThinkShutter privacy cover
- Optional:IR & 720p HD Camera with with ThinkShutter
- Up to 64GB DDR4 2666MHz
- Up to 64GB DDR4 2666MHZ ECC (Xeon Processor only)
- Up to 4TB PCIe SSD
- Raid 0,1 optional
*Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.**Requires 135W AC power adapter
- Up to 13 hours* on 80Wh, includes Rapid Charge technology**
- Up to 10 hours on a single one-hour charge
AudioDolby Atmos® Sound System Security
- Discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) 2.0
- Fast Identity Online (FIDO) authentication capabilities
- ThinkShutter webcam privacy cover
- Match-on-Chip Touch fingerprint reader
- Optional IR camera for Windows Hello
- Kensington lock slot
- Optional Smart card reader
Dimensions (W x D x H)14.2” x 9.7” x 0.7” / 361.8 x 245.7 x 18.4 (mm) WeightStarting at 3.74 lbs (1.69 kg) Connectivity
- Intel® AX200 Wi-Fi 6 802.11AX (2 x 2)
- Bluetooth® 5.0
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** (1 always on)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2** Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt™ 3 (DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- HDMI 2.0
- Mini Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio combo jack
- Smart card reader (Optional)
- 4-in-1 media card reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
What’s in the box
Specifications may vary depending upon region.**The Intel Xeon processor requires Windows 10 Pro for Workstation.
- ThinkPad P1 Gen 2
- 135W AC Adapter
- 4 Cell 80Wh internal battery
- Quick start guide
- 1. Power input
- 2. USB-C Thunderbolt™ 3
- 3. HDMI 2.0
- 4. Ethernet dongle
- 5. Headphone / mic combo
- 6. Smart card reader
- 7. 4-in-1 media card reader
- 8. USB-A 3.1 Gen 1**
- 9. USB-A 3.1 Gen 1** (always on)
- 10. Kensington lock slot
ThinkPad P1 Gen 2 (15”) Laptop WorkstationTop Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
ModelsBuild Your Own
ThinkPad P1 GEN 2 - Intel Core
Lenovo offers a comprehensive portfolio of services to support and protect your investment—so you can focus on your business, not your IT.
Bypass phone menus and scripted troubleshooting to access advanced-level technicians with the expertise needed to quickly diagnose and solve problems. Available 24x7.
Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
Protect your investment from operational or structural damage caused by common accidents like drops, spills, or electrical surges. This fixed-cost, fixed-term protection plan minimizes unexpected repairs for predictable budgeting and provides significant savings relative to the cost of non-covered repairs.
Get a fixed-term, fixed-price service solution to match the lifecycle of your device and fit within your budget. Choose from a range of solutions, including next business day on-site, 9x5x4, and 24x7 response time windows. Purchasing an extension at the time of a system purchase saves 15-30% over the price of purchasing it post-warranty.