ThinkPad T490 (14") Laptop
ThinkPad T490 (14") Laptop
Does everything but make the coffee
- Starting weight of just 3.23 lbs / 1.46 kg, perfect for portability
- New narrow bezel design
- Multiple display options from touchscreen, to a built-in PrivacyGuard*, to Dolby Vision®
- Longer battery life and optional global LTE-A connectivity
- Preferred laptop for serious business professionals.
- Starting at:
Does everything but make the coffee
Dazzle yourself & others
Choose dramatic Dolby Vision® HDR technology, available on the WQHD panel that boasts increased brightness, expanded contrast, amazingly accurate colors, and refined detail. Combine with optional discrete graphics, the ThinkPad T490 is perfect for working with multimedia. Go with the FHD low-power display option for enhanced battery life. No matter which display you choose, the ThinkPad T490 features a new narrower bezel design for a sleeker design and more productive workday.
Tested for battle, built for life
Like all ThinkPad laptops, the T490 is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure it runs in extreme conditions. From the Arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero gravity to spills and drops, you can trust this laptop to handle whatever life throws your way.
Go from 0 to 80 in 60
The ThinkPad T490 delivers up to 16.1 hours* of battery life with the low-power FHD display. If you're running on empty, Rapid Charge provides an 80% charge in just an hour. So, a 60 minute lunch break or a layover is enough to boost your battery up to 12 hours. What more could you need for life on-the-go?
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014 on the low-power FHD display panel. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors. Note that Rapid Charge requires the 65W power adapter.
Whether you're out in the world or working at your desk, the ThinkPad T490 keeps you connected. The optional LTE-A card keeps you up and running worldwide*. Use the ThinkPad Pro Dock (sold separately), a USB-C side mechanical docking station that easily connects with two male Type-C ports that slide into and automatically level your device. Once docked, your ThinkPad stays securely in place and connects to all of your peripherals such as monitors, keyboards, and mice.
* WWAN must be configured at time of purchase, as it's not upgradeable.
What happens on your PC, stays on your PC
Unless you decide to share it. The ThinkPad T490 offers an FHD panel with PrivacyGuard*—an exclusive technology that keeps unwanted viewers from seeing what’s on your screen. ThinkShutter, a physical cover that ensures your camera is on only when you want it to be, is now available on all camera options. You can also add options like an infrared (IR) camera and touch fingerprint reader for biometric login.
*Available in Fall 2019Show MoreLess
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for ThinkPad T490
Description Specifications Processor
- Up to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8665U Processor (1.90GHz, up to 4.80GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 cores, 8MB Cache)
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8265U Processor (1.60GHz, up to 3.90GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 6MB Cache)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro – Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro
14" Antiglare Display
- 14.0" HD (1366 x 768, 220 nits) anti-glare
- 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080, 250 nits) IPS anti-glare
- 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080, 300 nits) IPS anti-glare multi-touch
- 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080, 400 nits) IPS with PrivacyGuard (Coming Soon)
- 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080, 400 nits) IPS Low-power
- 14.0" WQHD (2560 x 1440, 500 nits) IPS glossy with Dolby Vision HDR, 100% Adobe color gamut
MemoryUp to 24 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (8 GB Onboard, 1 DIMM) Battery
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
- Up to 16 hours* 50Whr with low-power FHD
- Rapid Charge available with 65W AC adapter
StorageUp to 1 TB PCIe SSD Graphics
- Integrated Intel® UHD 620 graphics
- NVIDIA® GeForce® MX 250 2 GB
- Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Dual far-field microphones
Dimensions (W x D x H) 329mm x 227mm x 17.9mm / 12.95" x 8.94" x 0.70" WeightStarting at:
- FHD IPS / touchscreen & non-touch: 3.35lbs (1.52 kg)
- FHD low power: 3.23lbs (1.46 kg)
- FHD with PrivacyGuard: 3.67lbs (1.67 kg)
- WQHD: 3.17lbs (1.44 kg)
- WWAN: Fibocom L850-GL 4G LTE-A Cat9 (Optional)
- WLAN: Intel® Dual-Band 9560 802.11 AC (2 x 2)
- Bluetooth® 5.0
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** (one Always On)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** Type-C (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2** Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt 3 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- MicroSD card reader
- Smart card reader (Optional)
- Headphone / mic combo
- Micro-SIM slot
- HDMI 1.4
- RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
- HD 720p with ThinkShutter privacy cover
- Optional: Hybrid Infrared (IR) with ThinkShutter
- Spill resistant
- Bottom-load backlight with white LED lighting (Optional)
- Fast Online Identity (FIDO) authentication capabilities
- dTPM 2.0
- Optional: Match-on-Chip touch fingerprint reader
- ThinkShutter, webcam privacy cover
- Optional: PrivacyGuard
- Kensington lock slot
Docking stations sold separately.
- ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock Gen 2
- ThinkPad Basic/Pro/Ultra Dock
What's in the box
Specifications may vary depending upon region.
- ThinkPad T490
- 65W AC Adapter (required for rapid charging)
- Quick Start Guide
- 3 Cell 50Whr Li-Ion internal battery
** The actual transfer speed of the USB 3.1 [Gen 2] will vary and, depending on many factors, such as the processing capability of host and peripheral devices, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environments, will be slower than a speed of [10 Gbit/s]
- 1. USB-C AC power
- 2. USB-C Thunderbolt 3
- 3. USB-C
- 4. USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 5. HDMI 1.4
- 6. Headphone / mic combo
- 7. MicroSD card reader
- 8. Smart card reader (optional)
- 9. USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 10. RJ45
- 11. Kensington lock slot
- 12. Micro-SIM slot
ThinkPad T490Top Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
BUILD YOUR OWN
Lenovo offers a comprehensive portfolio of services to support and protect your ThinkPad investment—so you can focus on your business, not your IT.
Bypass phone menus and scripted troubleshooting to access advanced-level technicians with the expertise needed to quickly diagnose and solve problems.
Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
Protect your investment from operational or structural damage caused by common accidents like drops, spills, or electrical surges. This fixed-cost, fixed-term protection plan minimizes unexpected repairs for predictable budgeting and provides significant savings relative to the cost of non-covered repairs.
Get a fixed-term, fixed-price service solution to match the lifecycle of your device and fit within your budget. Choose from a range of solutions, including next business day on-site, 9x5x4, and 24x7 response time windows. Purchasing an extension at the time of a system purchase saves 15-30% over the price of purchasing it post-warranty.