Ready for business, ready for anything
- Starting at:
Ready for business, ready for anything
Keeps IT departments as happy as their users
With the optional touch fingerprint reader and embedded dTPM chip, the greater security of the ThinkPad L580 will make your IT staff rest easy. Redesigned for productivity with a RapidCharge function allowing users to get up to an 80% charge in just an hour, the ThinkPad L580 will make any employee's job easier.
Works hard, to make your work easy
The ThinkPad L580 will take on your full workload, thanks to the latest Intel® Core™ processors (with optional Intel® vPro™ technology for advanced security and manageability), a choice of the fast file access of SSD storage or the high capacity of HDD storage, and great memory capacity. Its 2 x 2 AC WiFi and full array of ports will keep you connected to the internet and a variety of external devices. Get ready to have a much shorter to-do list.
Stay one step ahead, no matter where you go
The ThinkPad L580 is 15% lighter and 19% thinner than the previous generation, so it will go anywhere with ease. Its optional backlit keyboard – with white LEDs – lets you use it in low-light surroundings. The optional antiglare IPS FHD display is also easy on the eyes. With up to 11 hours* of life in its battery, you’ll get a lot of uninterrupted time without worrying about electrical outlets – and even if you need to plug in, its RapidCharge feature will give you 80% battery capacity in an hour. When you come back, the new USB-C mechanical side docking makes it easy to reconnect at your desk.
More connectivity, more productivityWhether you need to get online or use a peripheral device, the ThinkPad L580 can connect you. Extensive I/O ports such as USB Type-C, USB 3.0, and HDMI make it easy to plug in most peripheral devices. In addition, the Intel Dual Band AC (2 x 2) and Bluetooth® 4.1 make wireless online connectivity a snap.
Forget your password – and your worries
Add the optional integrated touch fingerprint reader, and you'll never need to remember your password again! Simply touch the fingerprint scanner to access your ThinkPad L580 automatically. What’s more, the fingerprint reader thwarts biometric hacking with anti-spoofing technology—that means the fingerprint image is saved inside the chip, and as such, it’s not sent out for login authentication when you sign in.
Your data is protected too, with the discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM), which encrypts your information. Lastly, Fast Identity Online (FIDO) enables hardened authentication that wraps your access info in three layers of security. FIDO authentication pertains to your online credentials, when you sign in to websites like Facebook or Google, or make payments via PayPal. This global solution creates better security for online services, reduces costs for organizations, and is simpler and safer for users.
Let your assistant do the heavy lifting
Start with Windows 10 for your ThinkPad L580, and you’ll have your own personal assistant, Cortana. With an 8th Generation Intel® Core™ processor, you'll get powerful performance and speed. Integrate Cortana with your calendar and you can find any file, even by when and with whom you worked on it, rather than having to remember file names.
Lasts long enough to have its own career
The ThinkPad L580 was built to last and tested for durability. It packs the renowned ThinkPad reliability and comes with a standard one-year worldwide warranty. See the Services tab for information on Warranty extensions.
Lenovo Premier Support
Lenovo Premier Support provides direct access to skilled and experienced Lenovo technicians offering comprehensive hardware and software support. Our expert troubleshooters have the advanced technical knowhow and systems knowledge to quickly provide solutions and advice that will keep your hardware and software operating at optimal efficiency.
Learn more about Premier Support click here.
- Onshore advanced technical support , weekdays from 7am - 8pm (EST)
- Single point of contact for simplified end-to-end case management
- Next business day onsite labor and parts prioritization
- Reporting suite is available quarterly to measure and evaluate service levels and more
- Comprehensive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software and hardware support
- Dedicated Technical Account Managers for proactive relationship and escalation management
- Lenovo Solution Center with automated system error detection and support case creation
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for L580
Description ThinkPad L580 Processor?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected.
- Up to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8250U Processor (1.70GHz, up to 3.60GHz with Turbo Boost, 6MB Cache)
- Up to 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (2.50GHz, up to 3.10GHz, 3MB Cache)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro
Display?The display is the screen. Higher resolutions displays allow you to fit more content on the screen at once. IPS displays offer better colour and wider viewing angles.
- 15.6" HD (1366 x 768) anti-glare
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare
- Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620
Battery Up to 11 hours* Camera 720p HD camera with dual array microphone Memory?Memory, aka RAM, is used to store data temporarily as you are actively working on your laptop. It is not where your data is permanently stored. More memory can help your system run faster, especially if you have a lot of programs open at the same time. Up to 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz Storage?Storage is where data, like documents and applications, resides permanently on your computer. Not to be confused with memory, which is only active when the computer is in use. Larger files like media files will need larger storage.
- 500 GB 7200 RPM
- Up to 256 GB PCIe SSD OPAL2.0
- Intel® vPro™ (optional)
- Discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) 2.0
- Fast Identity Online (FIDO) authentication capabilities
- Touch fingerprint reader (optional)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (one Always On)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- 4-in-1 Micro SD card reader
- RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
- Audio combo jack
- Lock slot
Connectivity?Wireless comes down to B, G, N or AC. The basics are B and G, G being faster than B with more range. AC is the fastest, but N has the furthest range and more frequency options.
- Intel® Dual Band Wireless AC (2 x 2) 8265
- Bluetooth® 4.1
Dimensions (W x D x H) 376.5 mm x 254.5 mm x 22.95 mm / 14.82" x 10.02" x 0.90" Weight Starting at 4.46 lbs (2.0 kg)
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
Please note that specifications may vary by region.
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.