Ready for business
- Starting at:
Ready for business
Keeps IT departments as happy as their users
Simple. Powerful. Compatible. The ThinkPad E480 offers the simplicity of Windows 10. It’s port rich for all of your peripherals, including USB Type-C, and is powered by 8th Gen quad-core Intel® processors delivering faster performance.
The ThinkPad E480 makes maintenance easy, too. It's reliable—as shown by the series of rigorous tests it undergoes against shocks, drops, and other extremes—and secure, thanks to its optional Touch fingerprint reader and dTPM 2.0 chip.
Scratch items off your to-do list
The ThinkPad E480 is ready to tackle your tasks, thanks to the latest Intel® Core™ processors, AMD Radeon™ discrete graphics, and more. With 2 x 2 AC WiFi and full array of ports – including USB-C, USB 3.1, HDMI, and more – it will keep you connected to the internet and a variety of external devices.
Working anywhere just got easier
The thin and light ThinkPad E480 was built for the road warrior. The ergonomic keyboard was engineered for comfort and accuracy. Its optional backlighting lets you use it in low-light surroundings. Up to 13 hours* of battery life will leave you stress free, so you can stay one step ahead, no matter where the job takes you.
*2014 MobileMark benchmark.
Suit and tie optional
The ThinkPad E480 impresses with its narrow bezel and thinner, sleek appearance. Its vivid display completes the look – one that is sure to impress clients and put a memorable face on your business.
Lasts long enough to have its own career
The ThinkPad E480 is built to last and tested for durability. It features renowned ThinkPad reliability and is backed by a one-year base warranty. Warranty upgrades up to three years are available.
Don't forget to smile
The ThinkPad E480 offers superb video-conferencing, thanks to its dual-array microphone, HD webcam, 14-in IPS FHD display, and stereo speakers with Dolby® Advanced Audio™. Revel in the rich sound and clear visuals that bring remote teams together, no matter the distance.
Let Cortana do the heavy lifting
Windows 10 for your ThinkPad E580 includes Cortana, your own personal assistant. You'll never have to hunt for files or photos or meetings again!
Advance to chip level encryption
We know how important your data is. That’s why the ThinkPad E580 features a discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) 2.0 chip, which works in conjunction with Windows 10 Pro Bitlocker. Together they encrypt all your data, as well as your passwords.
More secure password protection
With the optional Touch fingerprint reader, you can quickly and securely login with ease. What’s more, the fingerprint reader thwarts biometric hacking with anti-spoofing technology—the fingerprint image is saved inside the chip so it’s not sent out for login authentication when you sign in.
Lenovo Premier Support
Lenovo Premier Support provides direct access to skilled and experienced Lenovo technicians offering comprehensive hardware and software support. Our expert troubleshooters have the advanced technical know how and systems knowledge to quickly provide solutions and advice that will keep your hardware and software operating at optimal efficiency.
Learn more about Premier Support click here.
- Onshore advanced technical support , weekdays from 7am - 8pm (EST)
- Single point of contact for simplified end-to-end case management
- Next business day onsite labor and parts prioritization
- Reporting suite is available quarterly to measure and evaluate service levels and more
- Comprehensive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software and hardware support
- Dedicated Technical Account Managers for proactive relationship and escalation management
- Lenovo Solution Center with automated system error detection and support case creation
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for E480
Description ThinkPad E480 Processor?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected.
- Up to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8550U Processor (1.80GHz, up to 4.0GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (2.50GHz, up to 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost, 3MB Cache)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro – Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro
Display?The display is the screen. Higher resolutions displays allow you to fit more content on the screen at once. IPS displays offer better colour and wider viewing angles.
- 14" HD (1366 x 768) anti-glare
- 14" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620
- Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- AMD Radeon™ RX 550 2 GB
BatteryUp to 13 hours (with MobileMark 2014) Camera720p HD with dual-array microphone Memory?Memory, aka RAM, is used to store data temporarily as you are actively working on your laptop. It is not where your data is permanently stored. More memory can help your system run faster, especially if you have a lot of programs open at the same time.Up to 16 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (32 GB maximum) Storage?Storage is where data, like documents and applications, resides permanently on your computer. Not to be confused with memory, which is only active when the computer is in use. Larger files like media files will need larger storage.
- 1 TB 5400 RPM
- 500 GB 7200 RPM
- Up to 512 GB PCIe SSD OPAL2.0
- Dual drive storage (optional)
- Stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio™
- Microsoft Lync™-certified, Smart Audio speaker support
- Discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) 2.0 chip
- Touch Fingerprint Reader (optional)
- Kensington® lock slot
- 1 x USB 2.0
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (one Always On)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- Micro SD card reader
- Headphone / microphone combo jack
Connectivity?WiFi or Wireless comes down to B, G, N or AC. The basics are B and G, G being faster than B with more range. AC is the fastest, but N has the furthest range and more frequency options.
- 802.11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 4.1
- 802.11 AC (1 x 1) + Bluetooth® 4.0
Dimensions (W x D x H)
- HD display - 12.96" x 9.53" x 0.78" / 329.3 x 242 x 19.9 (mm)
- FHD display - 12.96" x 9.53" x 0.83" / 329.3 x 242 x 21.9 (mm)
Weight Starting at 3.85 lbs (1.75 kg)
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Accidental Damage Protection
With today’s highly mobile users, the unexpected is bound to happen, even to exceptionally engineered PCs. Lenovo’s mobile repair data indicates that a significant percentage of users will experience non-warranted damage within the first three years of the PC's life cycle. Accidental Damage Protection offers significant savings relative to uncovered repairs.
Provide a fixed-term, fixed-cost service solution that enables accurate budgeting for equipment expenses. Match your warranty coverage to your system refresh cycles.
Upgrade to Depot
It's not always convenient to mail-in or carry-in systems for warranty repairs. By upgrading to Depot service parts and labor repair coverage, we provide the package and the shipping to and from the repair center.
Additional available services
Please see our Warranty & Maintenance Services page for information on additional available services.