Lenovo SMB Laptops Powered by AMD Processors
AMD and Lenovo are working together to make business more productive and beautiful. Thin-bezel displays. Slim and lightweight chassis. Long battery life. Ultrafast speeds. A Lenovo business laptop powered by AMD Ryzen™ 6000 Series or 5000 Series processors can have it all—from performance to good looks to an incredibly long time unplugged. And with state-of-the-art security features built-in, there's protection against today's growing list of threats.
Today's small and midsize businesses have many important priorities. They must develop innovative products and services, find new markets and customers, hire and train staff, and equip them with top quality, long lasting laptops. Fortunately, Lenovo offers dozens of high-performance laptops with powerful AMD Ryzen and AMD Ryzen PRO processors—with features that are perfect for SMBs.
Take AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series and PRO 5000 Series processors, for example. Professional laptops with these CPUs are designed to boost productivity and help protect against today's growing security threats. They also are built to deliver long-term return on your technology investment, both financially and by providing the IT tools SMBs need to build, create, sell, support, and everything else.
Are you in the market for a new SMB laptop? Or 40 new SMB laptops? Take a quick look at these highly portable Lenovo systems powered by AMD technology:
- ThinkBook 13s Gen 3 (13” AMD) – Highly portable 13" business laptop with an AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600U Processor (2.30 GHz, up to 4.20 GHz Max Boost1, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 16 MB Cache) and integrated AMD Radeon™ graphics.
- ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 (14", AMD) – High-performance 14" business laptop with an AMD Ryzen™ 5 PRO 5650U processor (2.30 GHz, up to 4.20 GHz Max Boost1, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 16 MB Cache) and integrated AMD Radeon™ graphics.
- ThinkPad P14s Gen 2 Mobile Workstation (14", AMD) – Powerful 14" mobile workstation with up to an AMD Ryzen™ 7 5800U Processor (1.90 GHz, up to 4.40 GHz Max Boost1, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 16 MB Cache) and integrated AMD Radeon™ graphics.
- ThinkPad E15 Gen 2 (15", AMD) – Everyday 15" business laptop with an AMD Ryzen™ 5 PRO 4650U processor (2.10 GHz, up to 4.0 GHz Max Boost1, 6 Cores, 12 Threads, 8 MB Cache) and integrated AMD Radeon™ graphics.
Availability and ship-dates will vary. If these popular models are sold out or don't fit your needs, check out Lenovo's full line-up of full line-up of laptops powered by AMD.
AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series and PRO 5000 Series Processors for SMB
Small and midsize businesses still need big PC power and features. Sales forecasts, marketing assets, communication, and collaboration—it puts the same demands on laptops whether your annual revenue is $5 million or $500 million.
Laptops built with AMD Ryzen™ PRO 6000 Series and PRO 5000 Series processors deliver blazing fast performance and long battery life. Both in the office and on the go, they accelerate productivity, make teamwork easier, and keep critical business software running smoothly.
In terms of raw technological innovation, AMD is on quite a run. In 2020, it introduced its "Zen 2" processor core architecture with a super-efficient 7nm process technology.
When you buy a Lenovo laptop with AMD Ryzen PRO 6000 Series or PRO 5000 Series processing, you can get:
- The most high-performance cores and threads available in ultrathin business laptops
- Best-in-class laptop productivity and content creation2
- Up to 15.4 hours of battery life on premium platforms3
As always, before you buy, be sure to read the detailed specifications of each system you're considering. For more about these amazing AMD CPUs, see "AMD Ryzen and AMD Ryzen PRO Processors."
The AMD Ryzen PRO processor story goes beyond raw processing power and long-lasting portability, however. Every business—including SMBs—can benefit from the built-in security features, fleet management capabilities, and long-term platform stability of AMD Ryzen PRO processors.
AMD PRO Technologies
AMD PRO Technologies deliver a complete set of features that are essential for modern business: cutting-edge security features, robust manageability tools, and enterprise-grade stability and reliability. AMD Ryzen™ processors with PRO Technologies give you confidence that your PC will perform quickly and reliably—the ultimate business experience.
AMD PRO security—Data protection for SMB
For big companies and small, the quickest way to lose clients and market share lies in one of today's biggest IT threats: data security. One malware attack or cyber breach can uncover plans for your next new product, release confidential customer information onto the dark web, or reveal personal details about you and your staff.
Standard on all AMD Ryzen™ PRO 6000 Series and PRO 5000 Series processors, AMD PRO security features are always "on," helping to guard your SMB against a multitude of IT risks. It's a multi-layered approach to data protection, stretching from the processor chip to the operating system to the laptop platform:
- The AMD “Zen” architecture on which the latest AMD processors are built is designed to help reduce exposure to attacks.
- AMD Memory Guard delivers full memory encryption that helps protect data should a company laptop be lost or stolen.4
- AMD Secure Processor is an integrated on-chip security processor used exclusively for data and app encryption and related tasks.
- AMD Shadow Stack creates a hardware-stored copy of a laptop's software stack to help combat system corruption from malware.
- AMD Ryzen 6000 PRO Series processors fully support the Microsoft Secured-Core PC initiative, which relies on a combined effort of chip makers, PC manufacturers, and Microsoft to provide deeply integrated hardware, firmware, and software for enhanced device protection.
- AMD Ryzen 6000 PRO Series processors are the first x86 processors to integrate the Microsoft Pluton Security Processor, a chip-to-cloud security technology that hardens new Windows 11 PCs with continuous protection for user identity, data, and apps.5
With new threats emerging seemingly every day, security is an increasing focus for businesses everywhere. For SMBs, which are always challenged to do more with less, Lenovo laptops and AMD Ryzen PRO 5000 Series processors—with multiple layers of built-in protection– can help deliver valuable peace of mind.
AMD PRO manageability—IT system management for SMB
Small and mid-sized businesses share an important characteristic: a laser-focus on growth. Five employees quickly become 10. Five hundred employees grow to 1,000. This means scaling your IT resources isn't a question of "if" but "when"—and, more importantly, "how."
Fortunately, AMD is ready to scale with you. Business laptops with AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors enable a robust suite of AMD PRO manageability features that simplify deployment of new devices and remote updates to systems already in use. Examples include:
- Multi-vendor Supported Manageability: Increases flexibility and choice for management, including out-of-band management, of desktop and mobile systems from multiple OEM and both AMD and Intel processors.
- Seamless Windows Deployment: Deploy Windows to AMD powered systems using an identical process and similar amount of time, compared to other processors.
- Full support for current infrastructures and modern Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions.
AMD PRO manageability tools ease the IT burden on SMB managers at all levels, saving money and time so they can focus on expansion, customer satisfaction, and other pressing needs. And that's on top of the incredible power and performance they deliver for daily business computing, sales, and content creation.
AMD PRO business ready—Long-term ROI for SMB
Small and midsize businesses work with smaller budgets than bigger companies and must always consider the long-term return on their IT investments. Will the systems you deploy today still be adequate next year, or the year after? How will you maintain and update them when needed?
AMD Ryzen™ PRO processors are enterprise-grade computing solutions—stable, reliable, and built to last. And they include AMD PRO business ready features that give SMB decision makers the consistency and platform stability that's required to simplify IT planning:
- 18 months of planned software stability
- 24 months of planned availability
- Enterprise-grade quality assurance and reliability
- Planned platform validation to ensure dependability and a consistent user experience across multiple generations, including:
- OS updates
- Firmware/BIOS updates
- Driver updates
SMB leaders and IT managers have enough on their plates. That makes laptops with AMD Ryzen PRO processors, with their built-in fleet management and platform longevity features, an especially smart choice—for today and tomorrow.
The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and is subject to change without notice. “Zen”; “Zen 2”; and “Zen 3” are codenames for AMD architectures and are not product names. (GD-122)
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Ryzen, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
1 Max boost for AMD Ryzen™ processors is the maximum frequency achievable by a single core on the processor running a bursty single-threaded workload. Max boost will vary based on several factors, including, but not limited to: thermal paste; system cooling; motherboard design and BIOS; the latest AMD chipset driver; and the latest OS updates. (GD-150)
2 Testing as of 2/24/2021 by AMD Performance Labs utilizing Dell Latitude 5420 with Intel Core i7-1185G7 processor, Intel(R) Iris(R) Xe Graphics, 32 GBytes RAM - 3200 MHz, PC711 NVMe SK hynix 512GB Drive with Win Pro vs. ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 with AMD Ryzen™ 7 PRO 5850U processor, AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics, 32 GBytes RAM - 3200 MHz, SKHynix_HFS001TDE9X081N Drive with Win Pro Using the following tests: CineBench R20 n-thread, Geekbench v5.1.1 Multi-Core Score (64-bit), Passmark 10 CPU Mark, PCMark® 10 Benchmark, PCMark® 10 Gimp Cold App Startup (TTC) seconds, PCMark® 10 App Performance_Excel. PC manufacturers may vary configurations yielding different results. Results may vary. PCMark® is a registered trademark of Futuremark Corporation. (CZP-38)
3 All battery life claims are approximate maximum and based on testing by Lenovo. AMD has not independently tested or verified the battery life claim.
4 Full system memory encryption with AMD Memory Guard is included in AMD Ryzen™ PRO, AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper PRO, and AMD Athlon™ PRO processors. Requires OEM enablement. Check with system manufacturer prior to purchase. (PP-3)
5 As of January 2022, only AMD Ryzen™ 6000 Series processors include the Microsoft Pluton security processor, while AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors and Intel's latest 11th and 12th Gen processors do not. AMD has not independently verified the 3rd party claim. (RMB-24)