So you've got the device of your dreams. Great! Now it's time to enjoy it. Stands, arms, and mounts are all pivotal fixtures that ensure both safety and usability for your electronics.
· Defining Device Stands, Arms, and Mounts: While they're often broadly referred to as 'mounts', there are three main categories of fixtures you can get to position your device: stands, arms, and mounts.
· Device Stands: A device stand is the simplest solution and support for your electronics. It keeps your devices elevated off of surfaces to improve airflow and prevent overheating. Stands also make it easier to access ports and plugs while preventing wear-and-tear on cords.
· Arms: Arms offer more adjustability than stands, and can be affixed to both desks and walls. They provide users with ergonomic adjustability, reach, and clearance. By repositioning your device, you can reduce glare and improve productivity.
· Mounts: A mount is the most versatile solution, allowing you to attach your device to any number of vertical surfaces. With a mount, you'll have complete freedom to position your device however you want. Mounts are great for both home and office settings.
What's The Point Of Having A Device Mounting Kit?
While computer stands, arms, and mounts each have their specific purpose, they're all designed to do the same thing - make your device usage experience as easy and comfortable as possible. They make it possible to position your device in the perfect spot, whether that's on your desk, on a wall, or even on the ceiling, and can offer a much more ergonomic setup.
Popular Configuration Products You Can Get With These Concepts
Now that we've gone over the basics of what device mounts are and what they're used for, let's take a look at the different types of stands, arms, and mounts available on the market. The following are just a few examples of popular products you can get to help you properly position your device.
· Under Desk Laptop Mounts: One of the most popular types of mounts is the under desk laptop mount. This allows you to secure your laptop upon a frame-based underneath your desk, freeing up valuable desk space. It's perfect for those who want to create a more tidy and organized workspace, and also helps to improve airflow and prevent overheating.
· Wall Mounted PC: A wall mounted PC is a great way to save space in your home or office, and can also offer a more ergonomic setup. With a wall-mounted PC, you can position your monitor at eye level, which can help to reduce neck and back strain.
· Laptop Desk Mount: A laptop desk mount is a great way to increase productivity and comfort when using your laptop. By mounting your laptop to your desk, you can position it at the perfect height and angle for your needs. This can help to reduce eye strain and neck pain, and also makes it easier to access ports and plugs.
· Rack Mount PC Monitor: A rack mount PC monitor is perfect for those who need to save space in their workspace. By mounting your monitor onto a frame, you can free up valuable desk space. Rackmount PC monitors also offer a more ergonomic setup, as they can be positioned at eye level.
· Wall Mounted Laptop Shelf: A wall mounted laptop shelf is similar to a wall mounted PC but offers a dedicated surface to place your laptop. They're usually quite adjustable in terms of height and can be a great way to save space in small offices or home workspaces.
· Handlebar Laptop Mount: As its name suggests, a handlebar laptop mount is a type of mount specifically designed to attach your device to handlebars. They're most commonly used in the context of stationary bikes, where they allow users to configure their laptops in a way that provides them the ability to work and cycle at the same time.
· Laptop Seat Mount: Laptop seat mounts are a unique fixture built for use in cars. They'll typically work by establishing a base on the passenger or driver's seat, to which the laptop can be attached. This can be a great way to use your laptop while on the road and can help to reduce neck and back strain.
· Wall Mount Laptop Desk: A wall mount laptop desk is a type of vertically designed desk that can be attached to a wall and unfolded for use in a standing or sitting position. They're perfect for small spaces and can help to improve productivity by creating a compact, dedicated workstation.
· PC Shelf Mount: PC shelf mounts are very similar to wall mount laptop desks in the way that they're configured on a wall. The main difference between the two is that these mounts are generally fixed, and take on the form of a small shelf. They're perfect for holding monitors, laptops, or other devices.
· Speaker Wall Mount: Speaker wall mounts are pretty straightforward. They're designed to help you securely position your speakers above ground level at a height and angle optimal for sound quality. Speaker mounts are common in professional and formal settings, such as conference rooms and auditoriums.
· Speaker Ceiling Mounts: Ceiling speaker mounts are designed for the same purpose as a speaker wall mount, but offer the added benefit of freeing up floor space. They're perfect for small rooms or areas with limited floor space and can help to improve sound quality by positioning the speakers at the optimal height.
· Monitor Arms For Desks: Monitor arms for desks are a must-have for anyone using multiple monitors. They're designed to save desk space and improve ergonomics by mounting your monitors on an adjustable arm. This allows you to position them at the perfect height and angle for your needs and also frees up valuable desk space.
· Keyboard Laptop Stand: Play the keyboard? You might want to consider a keyboard laptop stand. These stands are designed to hold your laptop at an angle that makes it easier to use and read while playing.
Features to Look Out For In Device and Computer Mounts
There are all sorts of innovative mounts on the market that are bountiful in impressive features and capabilities. The following are just a few examples of what you might want to keep an eye out for when shopping for the perfect device or computer mount.
· Adjustability: One of the most important features to look for in a mount is adjustability. This allows you to customize the positioning of your device or computer to find the perfect angle and height for your needs. Some mounting configurations come with metal arms that offer a high degree of adjustability, while others might have simple brackets that only offer a few fixed positions.
· Sturdiness: Another key factor to consider is sturdiness. After all, you don't want your device or computer to come crashing down in the middle of use. Most mounts are made from metal or plastic and will offer a weight capacity that's listed in the product specs. It's important to make sure that your mount can accommodate the weight of your device or computer, as well as any other accessories that might be attached. The type of mounting configuration you choose can also affect sturdiness. For example, a computer mount for desk surface use is going to be more stable than a laptop mount under desk, since it's atop a solid surface.
· Ease of Use: When it comes to mounts, ease of use is something that you'll want to consider. Most mounts are designed for quick and easy installation, but there can be some variations between products. For example, a screw-in desktop pc wall mount might be harder to install than one that simply attaches to your desk.
· Compatibility: Another important factor to consider is compatibility. You'll want to make sure that the device or desktop mount you choose is compatible with your specific make and model. In most cases, this information will be listed in the product specs. If you're unsure, it's always a good idea to contact the manufacturer directly to ask.
· Your Circumstances: What's the space you're going to be using this setup in like? If you have a lot of devices that need to be mounted, then you might want to consider a multiple mount configuration. If you're tight on space, then a compact option might be your best bet. And if you plan on using your setup in more than one position, then a solution with 16 inch arms may be for you.
· Price: Of course, price is always going to be a factor when choosing any type of product. In general, the higher the price, the better the quality and features you'll get. But remember, the best laptop desk mount for your needs doesn't have to be the most expensive one. There are some great budget-friendly options out there if you know where to look.
· Portability: If you plan on using your mount in multiple locations, portability is an important feature to look for. Some setups, like a wall mounting PC configuration, are generally going to be more difficult to move around than a laptop stand that sits on your desk.
Shop Lenovo for Computer Arms, Mounts, and Stands
There are a wide variety of device stands, arms, and mounts available on the market, each designed to meet different needs. By understanding the basics of these concepts, you can make an informed decision on the best way to position your devices and computers for optimal use.
If you're looking for the perfect device or computer mount to suit your needs, Lenovo has a great selection to choose from. We carry all sorts of different configurations, including Peerless mounts, Kensington laptop stands, Ergotech desktop mounts, and more. And with our unbeatable prices, you can be sure you're getting the best deal on your new mount. Shop today and take advantage of our amazing suite of products.