Buying a laptop for middle school is often a necessary step. Though it is very common for today’s students to need a computer in elementary school, in middle school there is more demand for a quality system that can keep up with all of their needs. The best laptops for middle school students are those that meet all of their educational needs, but that also provide a wide range of features to ensure they can continue with these systems for years to come. For parents ready to make an investment, it helps to know what features matter at this level of education.
Lenovo offers the laptops for middle school students that you need. That includes all of the best features and components that can make having fun with a laptop easy to do even when there is a lot of schoolwork to be done as well. Search from our lineup of products and compare features using the tools on the site. It takes just a few minutes to find the best laptop out there for your child. Here are a few recommendations to help you buy the middle school computer your child needs.
Why a Laptop Makes Sense
While it is possible to purchase the best computer for middle school students to use at home, many of today's middle school children need to be able to take their work with them anywhere. That often means they need a laptop for middle school rather than a desktop. For parents who are worried about what can be done with a laptop, remember that you can still set it up in your home to be used in one location so that you can monitor its use. The key here is to choose the best laptop for students that offers the features they need and then amp up the security on them to ensure your child remains safe.
Key Features of Middle School Laptops
For those who are in the market to purchase the best laptop for students possible, it helps to know what your child needs. If he or she is in more advanced courses that require a lot of processing power, a more powerful laptop for school students becomes necessary. At this age, you really want the best laptop for school that meets your teacher’s recommendations and offer a fast, easy-to-use design. There are a few things that can improve your performance here.
· Size: One of the first things to consider about any laptops for middle school students is how large they are. The bigger they are, the more screen they offer, but the problem with that is that it often comes with a heavier weight. Finding the right combination of size and weight can help ensure you get the middle school laptop that is best suited for your student.
The best laptops for middle school students should be around 15 inches whenever possible. This provides a lot of space for most needs, including researching, writing papers, and watching videos. For those who have a larger budget or want a laptop that is going to sit in the same space most of the time, consider upgrading to a larger model. Keep in mind the best laptop for school needs to be easy to carry for your student to avoid the risk of being dropped or damaged.
· Processor: One of the decisions you have to make about the best laptop for middle schoolers to use is the type of processor for it. Most of the time, the best school laptop does not have to have the highest amount of processing power, but it should have enough to allow videos to stream with ease. The best laptop for middle school student use typically needs to offer enough power to allow for ample use of word processing programs, one or more apps at one time, and other features depending on their needs. Keep in mind that, as a child gets older, he or she may benefit from a more advanced laptop with more features, and that could mean a more powerful processor.
One of the options to consider is the Yoga Series. This is a powerful laptop with a fantastic processor for everyday use. It is also a 2-in-1 laptop which means they can use it as a traditional laptop and then flip it around for a tablet-style use or a propped-up function to watch movies and videos. It also offers one of the best processors, an 11th Generation Intel Core i7 processor that offers 4 cores, 8 threads, and 12 MB cache with 2.8 GHz and up to 4.70 GHz with Turbo Boost. For those who want the best laptop for middle school students to use with a good processor, this could be an excellent choice.
Also, consider what else the student may wish to use the laptop for. For example, a good laptop for middle school students use could include gaming features, video editing tools, and even some graphic design solutions. If that is the case, upgrade to a faster processor. The Yoga Series is perfect for all of these types of activities.
· Operating System: Though you have various options when it comes to choosing an operating system, it is typically best to stick with the Windows platform for most needs. Windows tends to provide a lot of support for all features and functions most students need. That makes this an excellent choice for a middle school computer.
The best Windows laptop for middle school could have a Windows 10 or a Windows 11 Home edition. Both models are a good option for those who need good overall performance and those that want something that can grow with them over the next few years. You will find the best Windows laptop for middle school should include other features that support the use they enjoy. The Windows platform is typically able to handle it all.
· Graphics: When buying the best laptop for middle school, graphics may not be something you are thinking much about, but it does play a role in the overall function of the system. It is a good idea to look for a laptop for school students that offers an integrated graphics card or GPU into the processor if you want a good option for less money.
Otherwise, you can seek out a graphics card that can be upgraded over time. If you plan to buy laptop computers for middle school students and then upgrade down the road, you may not need to worry too much about the graphics. However, some laptops – though not all any longer – may allow you to upgrade just the graphics card if you wish to do so later. For those students that game, look for the best laptop for school with a quality graphics card like the Integrated Intel Iris Graphics.
· Memory and Storage: The chances are good that there is a strong need for ample memory when it comes to choosing a laptop for your student. The best laptop for middle schoolers to use needs to have enough memory to allow for all functions to run well together. That often means that you will have reliable graphics and less lag in the system. You also want to choose a laptop that provides you with more overall functionality. Having enough memory makes that possible. Consider the ThinkPad Carbon Gen Intel laptop. It offers a powerful processor and a fantastic price to go with it. It comes with 8 GB of memory. That is generally plenty for most applications for students.
For those that want the very best laptop for middle school students to use, especially if they are using a lot of intense games or software programs, it may be best to upgrade this. Generally, middle school students do not need more than 16 GB of memory, with most doing well with just 8 GB.
Do not overlook the importance of enough storage too. Storage is essential, especially if you want your student to use the laptop for years to come. Laptop computers for middle school students typically need at least 256 GB of storage. However, it is often best to upgrade this to 512 GB of storage or more. If they are a gamer, you may even want 1 TB of memory. Again, this is typically not necessary for most student needs.
Picking Your Laptop
Considering all of these factors, you may want to choose the best laptop for the middle school based on the way your student is likely to use it. For example, if they will use a lot of intense games or programs, you may need more processing power than others. If you want to keep the system lightweight and easy to carry around, go with a 15-inch model or one that is smaller than this. You may even want to check out the laptops that offer a bit more graphics performance, storage, and memory to ensure they can continue to use and enjoy their laptop for years to come.
A good laptop for middle school student use is likely to last for years if it is cared for and offers all of the features your older child may need. Yet, it is important to buy from a quality provider and ensure that there is a warranty on the laptop.
Lenovo can help you find just what you need at the best price. Use our price match guarantee to help give you peace of mind knowing what you need is available. Our team will work with you to ensure you get a system that fits your budget and your long-term goals.
Take a few minutes not to compare a few of the laptops we offer. When you do, you are sure to love reading the reviews, learning about financing, and using our comparison tools to help.