Whether you’ve just bought a new Lenovo laptop, need extra adapters for computers, or want to be prepared for your next trip, it can seem hard to find the right product. After all, a quick look at most e-commerce sites will show a dizzying array of adapters to choose from. For instance, there are several types of USB to HDMI adapters that give computer owners flexibility they wouldn’t otherwise have.
On the other hand, some adapters are basic, such as new power plug adapters or prong adapters. Let’s look at the variety of laptop adapter and other tools that are available. In our store, some are Lenovo-specific, while others work for different devices, such as a smartphone or tablets.
Types of USB to HDMI adapters and power plug adapters
At Lenovo, we believe it’s important to have the right gear for your laptop and other devices, including battery adapters and other tools. For that reason, we carry a wide variety of Lenovo adapters, micro-USB to USB C adapters, and USB to HDMI adapter options. Each of these works best for different types of electronics, and in different situations.
· Surge protectors: Most of us don’t think about this, but electronics can be reasonably fragile. In particular, electrical surges can jump through power mains and ruin your device, or make it malfunction. Worse, some manufacturer warranties don’t cover this type of damage. This is one reason why surge protectors are so important as an add-on to your electric cord adapters. Using a surge protector, you can plug your device into nearly any outlet with confidence.
· Multiplug adapters: If you’re traveling overseas, carrying multiplug adapters for your devices is a must. After all, different countries have different electrical standards, and without adapters, you risk not being able to charge your devices. On the other hand, multiplug audio adapters have different plug types available that let you work from almost anywhere.
· AC DC adapters: Another great accessory for all your devices is compatible AC DC adapters. For instance, a lot of us use our devices while commuting by car. While Lenovo doesn’t condone cell phone use while driving, charging via a car adapter is quite legitimate. Some of us even use our phones to play music, which can also require a Wi-Fi to ethernet adapter. In other words, AC DC power adapters are a great thing to have, whether you are traveling or just driving around town.
With that said, there are several kinds of AC DC power adapters. Some of them accommodate almost any kind of device by letting you plug in lightning adapters and other electric cord adapters. However, others are specific to a particular connector type, such as a USB Wi-Fi adapter for PC.
· 220 plug adapters: One of the major differences in electrical systems globally is that some use 110-volt residential power plugs, and others prefer 220. In the United States, we use 110 for most items, including computers. For this reason, if you travel abroad, you might need 220 plug adapters for your devices. We have a variety of options to ensure that you’re travel-ready, no matter what. These include adapters for computers, battery adapters, and other tools.
· 12-volt adapters: Essential to nearly every computer user is 12-volt adapters. These are the familiar computer adapters with a “brick,” and there are often two pieces to these adapters. You’ll also see them on other electronics, such as hardwire telephones, clocks, and routers. Many of these plugs into the wall, and then turn your home’s standard current into a different strength that powers your device. In other words, 12v adapters are practically everywhere, and as they wear out, they need to be replaced.
· There’s another kind of 12v adapter: the old “DC adapters” or DC to AC adapters you use to charge small devices in your car. One reason for this is that devices are made to work on 12v circuits, and there’s no exception for cars or other power sources.
· Electric cord adapters for USB devices: Whether it’s a cell phone, tablet, or other devices, most people want a convenient way to charge more devices at the same time. For this reason, there are tools with space for several device charging cords, including micro-USB to USB C adapters, lightning adapters, and even old-school USB cords. Most of these let you use only a single outlet plug to charge everything at once, which is great for families or business travelers. Some of them even contain traditional plugs for your prong adapters.
· Laptop AC adapters: Finally, we have spare laptop AC adapters for your Lenovo devices. For many of us, having multiple computer Av out to HDMI cable adapters is convenient because we don’t have to carry battery adapters everywhere. Besides the convenience of having extra computer adapters, the original ones sometimes get lost or worn out. In both of these cases, it’s important to get new laptop AC adapters as soon as possible.
When you choose the best Wi-Fi adapter for pc, it’s better to buy one from the manufacturer. In particular, Lenovo computers often use USB to ethernet adapter and USB power plugs, which are harder to find. In any case, we don’t recommend you buy cheap adapters, because they aren’t always up to modern electrical standards.
Laptop chargers and power accessories features
Of course, with many different products comes a wide variety of features. While some devices are relatively simple, others can adjust to different electrical systems worldwide or as is the case with DC adapters, let you charge a device in a total type of current. Let’s look at these features more carefully.
· Different plug prong patterns: Some power plug adapters are designed for overseas use, and therefore have the prong patterns to match outlets in each country. For example, the US and Canada have a different plug pattern from the United Kingdom and the EU. So, if you travel with your computer, be sure to bring one of these along.
· Current conversion: Most of us don’t think about this, but the DC power in our cars is different from the AC current in our homes or businesses. For this reason, cigarette lighter car chargers are actually DC to AC adapters with a special plug. It also means that these adapters are rarely used for anything else.
· Voltage conversion: Whether you have voltages in an outlet, you can still get what your laptop or phone need by using battery adapters. That’s because many chargers have voltage conversion. Be sure to verify what voltages you need before traveling abroad. For most outlets in the US and Canada, the only thing you’re likely to need is the volt adapters that are built into standard computer cable adapters.
· Multiple slots for charging devices or plugging in: Some of the most comprehensive travel accessories let you plug in different kinds of devices. For instance, they might have some outlets for traditional prong adapters, along with USB A and USB c to ethernet adapter slots. The great thing about these is that you only need to carry one wireless ethernet adapter to plug everything into a standard wall outlet.
· The recommended wattage for your device: If you’ve ever replaced a computer, even within the Lenovo range, you’ll sometimes find that the old ethernet adapter or ethernet adapters won’t work for your new computer. One reason for this is wattage. At Lenovo, for instance, we have several different wattages for our battery adapters, because different devices need different amounts of stored power in their batteries. Too little wattage and the batteries wouldn’t charge fast enough. Too much, and it could ruin the computer. Similarly, adapters have different types of tips to match the network adapter plug on your device.
Uses for your extra adapters
Some people find that they only need one Wi-Fi adapter for pc for each device type. However, this isn’t always appropriate. Besides replacing the original net gear Wi-Fi adapter due to loss or wearing out, there are several other uses for replacement adapters.
· Business and home office use: If you telecommute or bring your devices to and from work, there’s a good chance you’ll want extra adapters. For instance, business travelers may want an accessory with several extra plugs and slots for a USB c to HDMI adapter. These can be tossed into your carry-on and ensure that you have enough outlets when you check into the hotel.
Likewise, you might have a Bluetooth adapter for pc two different places: your office or home office, and your residence. This is convenient for two reasons. First, it means you don’t have to carry as much in your work bag. Second, it reduces the chance that you’ll be caught without an adapter because you forgot to bring it with you. Instead, just carry the laptop to and from work, and plug it in with the wireless adapter for pc waiting in each place. Plus, if you leave your adapter in the third location like a coffee shop, you’ll have an extra.
Finally, if you have multiple worksites or travel internationally, consider plug adapters or DC to AC adapters. Having these ensures that you can charge your devices almost anywhere that there’s a power supply. Otherwise, you risk wasting valuable time looking for a replacement or losing communications with other offices because your phone died.
· Home/entertainment use: Similarly, to business uses, extra adapters at home give you extra flexibility. For instance, if you have a lot of devices to charge at the same time, a plug that accepts several types of plugs or cables can be very convenient. Likewise, people traveling for pleasure need to ensure that they can charge their devices from their hotel room or rental car. Of course, the risk of losing an adapter also makes it wise to have some extras, especially if you have children or move your devices around frequently.
There’s no question that different battery requirements and power consumption mean there’s a wide variety of adapters on the market. In addition, the era of international travel means that some people need to be able to convert different voltages. Fortunately, with the right tools, you can charge any device almost anywhere there’s electricity.