Lenovo 12-inch laptops: Built for portability
Looking for a 12-inch laptop? Something that's lightweight and fits easily into a small bag or briefcase? You've come to the right place. This page is dedicated to Lenovo 12-inch laptops.
First, however, you should understand that a 12-inch laptop isn't a common size. They're available, but display manufacturers mostly focus on a few standard dimensions, with the closest mass-produced screens typically measuring 11.6 inches. Laptops with these screens are often called "11-inch" models, but when you think about it, their displays are closer to 12 inches than 11.
So, when shopping for a 12-inch laptop, don't forget to consider 11.6-inch laptops, too. Or if you're comparing 12.5-inch laptops, take a look at some 13-inch models. The frame sizes and system weights could be nearly identical.
Advantages of a 12-inch laptop
Laptops in the 12-inch range are sometimes called mini laptops, micro laptops or just small/ultraportable laptops. The category is very popular with highly mobile professionals, students who must carry their PCs around campus all day, or anyone who regularly works in tight spaces (conference room tables, airline seat trays, etc.).
Prices for 12-inch laptops vary widely. At the top end are advanced models with high-performing, low-heat processors and solid state storage drives that offer great performance despite the tight interior space. Other models, built more for affordability, are ideal for home office and family use.
Here are some of the reasons consumers browse the 12-inch laptop category:
Light weight and superior portability. Small laptops go just about anywhere.
Variety of prices and features. It's a popular size, so many different models are built.
Long battery life. Small laptops boast some of the industry's longest unplugged times.
Many 12-inch systems are combination laptop/tablet models called 2-in-1s. Their small size makes them ideal for use in tablet mode, which can be inconvenient if the system weighs too much.
Display size or frame size?
Remember that while the size of a laptop is usually described in terms of the size of its display, it's the size of the overall laptop frame that matters most in terms of usability and portability. In other words, two 12-inch laptops can be significantly different in terms of overall dimensions, system weight, and so on.
Think about it. If one laptop surrounds its 12-inch display with a thick plastic bezel, the overall frame size will likely be larger than a laptop whose 12-inch screen is wrapped in a thinner bezel (sometimes called an "edgeless" display). Similarly, a 12-inch model with a solid state drive will be lighter than one with a traditional hard drive. A system boasting extra-long unplugged time might use a battery that's heavier than a competing model.
With this in mind, if you're shopping our 12-inch laptops for their superior portability, be sure to look at the specifications for overall system dimensions and weight. The numbers can vary widely. Even if every model you're considering has an identical 12-inch display, their "footprints" could be quite different.
One final point: Before investing in a highly portable laptop, make sure the smaller system fits the way you use your computer, not just how you carry it. Will your wide, multi-column spreadsheets still be easy to use on a smaller screen? What about typing? Smaller systems often have smaller, tighter keyboards, too. The same goes for movie streaming: a small display works well in an airplane seat but might be less convenient in the family room at home.
Lenovo 12 inch laptops
When it comes to making laptops for everyday and specialized use, Lenovo has perfected this art. We have a wide range of 11-12 inch laptops that you can use in your daily life for work, study, or leisure.
The major benefit of 12 inch laptops is that they are easy to carry around. They sport the same features as many heavier and larger laptops. Even though you’re buying a smaller size, you’re getting the same functionality, so there are no compromise on quality or performance.
If you’re confused, an 11th 12th laptop just means a laptop in this size range. Basically, an 11th 12th laptop has a screen size of 11 inches to 12 inches. 11.6 inches is a good option for people who aren’t exactly sure which size to get between the two.
Who needs a 12 inch laptop?
If you search for laptops online, you’ll see that they come in all sizes now. Whether you need something that fits easily on your lap or you need a larger version for your desk, there’s a laptop for you.
But a 12 inch laptop might just hit the sweet spot because--it’s not too big nor too small. You should look for a 12 inch laptop if you:
● Travel a lot: Nowadays, many people have jobs that require them to travel around a lot. Even if you’re not on a plane every other week, you might have to commute around the city for certain types of jobs. A 12 inch laptop is your perfect companion since you can get work done while you’re on the go.
● Are a student: Are you tired of carrying a heavy laptop in your bag? Do you have to go to a different lecture room for every class? A 12 inch laptop is the answer to your woes. A pro tip: make sure you also have a 12 inch laptop sleeve because you don’t want the dust and wood chips from the desks to get into your laptop’s keyboard.
● Work from home: Many people who work from home can get their jobs done on a small 12 inch laptop. If you’re a freelancer or are doing a remote job, a 12 inch laptop with 8GB RAM should be awesome for you. if you’re a designer, a 12 inch laptop as may work for on the go graphic designed and editing.
● Run a small business: It’s the 21st century. You shouldn’t still be doing all your business work on paper. Make sure you have electronic records for everything, from your invoices to order tracking. A small i7 12GB RAM laptop or a higher model should be great for small business owners.
● Are a freelancer: If you’re a freelancer working at a coworking space or coffee shop, you need a laptop that you can carry around easily. Look for an i7 12GB RAM laptop that’s around 12 inches in size for ultimate convenience and comfort.
Intel has also announced its 12th gen Core chips that you’ll find in notebooks and high-end gaming laptops. Based on this news, you can expect to find a 12 core laptop in the market soon. But you should only invest in a 12 core laptop if you run demanding software or high-power games.
Meanwhile, if you don’t have extensive needs, an 11.6 inch laptop 128GB will be fine for you. But do note that an 11.6 inch laptop 128 GB will have a smaller screen than the 12 inch laptop. An 11.6 inch laptop 128 GB may also have limited keyboard space for people who type a lot in their everyday work routines.
Is a 12 inch 2 in 1 laptop suitable for you?
Should you be looking for a 12 2 in 1 laptop? The main point of 2 in 1 laptops is that they eliminate the need for a tablet. It’s important to know if you need a laptop or a tablet.
If you only need a tablet in the first place, there’s no need to spend extra money on a 2 in 1 laptop.
But if you think you need a laptop and will occasionally want to convert it into a tablet for convenience, your money is best spent on a 2 in 1 laptop.
Some benefits of such a laptop are:
● Convertible: You can turn your laptop into a tablet whenever you want. Let’s say you want to work. You simply put your laptop on your table and meet your deadlines. After work, you want to scroll through Instagram or watch something on Hulu. Just detach the screen and use your laptop as a tablet.
● Portable: Although all laptops are portable, a 2 in 1 laptop is more portable than its regular counterparts. You can easily fit the screen into a bag or carry it in your hand. It’s your best option if you use public transport for commuting.
● Thinner: Typically, 2 in 1 laptops are thinner because manufacturers want them to be as slim as possible when they’re used as tablets.
Because of its versatility, a 2 in 1 laptops are more may be just what you are looking for. You’ll benefit a lot from a 2 in 1 12 inch laptop if you are a:
● Student: Typically, students have to use their laptops for doing schoolwork, studying for exams, and doing their assignments. If you’re going over the notes you made on One Note, simply convert your laptop into a tablet, you’ll be able to study in any place or position.
● Graphic designers: Graphic designers or fine art professionals benefit a lot from 2 in 1 laptops because they can use the tablet for designing finer details. You can also use a pen or stylus to refine your digital art even more.
● Editor: Whether you’re a photo or video editor, it’s good to have your laptop on hand when you need to edit things instantly.
● Frequent traveler: It travels light and easy. There’s nothing worse than having to pay extra money at the airport simply because your luggage exceeds the weight allowance. A 2 in 1 laptop will help you lower some of the weight in your carry-on as you can just hold the tablet version of your laptop in your hand while keeping the keyboard in your luggage.
When is a 12 inch laptop not suitable for you?
A 12 inch laptop 8GB RAM meets most people’s requirements. But you have to keep in mind that when you buy a smaller laptop, it also means a smaller screen. Now, that could be a problem if you need a larger screen.
You should keep this in mind if you are an:
● Editor: If you are a professional video editor, you need a larger screen. You also need to make sure the screen is anti-glare and shows you colors true to life. A larger screen is also the demand of your job since you may have to open multiple windows at once.
● Gamer: Most gamers need a laptop with a larger screen. Suppose you also want to watch a tutorial while you’re playing a new game. A smaller screen won’t fit everything comfortably.
● Journalist: When you’re working on a publication piece, it’s not uncommon to have a ton of windows and tabs open. You’ll also need to open a separate window for multimedia, such as videos and pictures you may need to view. Fitting all of this on a small screen can be problematic.
Although a small laptop is more convenient and easier to carry, you should know your needs before you buy a laptop. If you need a bigger screen or have to open multiple windows on the same screen simultaneously, you shouldn’t get a 12 inch laptop 8GB RAM laptop.
Get protect your 12 inch laptop
A smaller laptop does not equate to a low-performing machine. In fact, most small laptops only differ from their larger counterparts in terms of screen size. Other than that, everything from the graphics card to the processor is quite uniform among laptops of different sizes.
When you get a small laptop, such as the 12 inch Chromebook, you shouldn’t just throw it in your work or college bag without any added cover for protection. Here are some things you can get:
● 12 inch Laptop sleeve: A 12 inch laptop sleeve will keep your 12 inch Chromebook safe from knocks and bumps. If you also keep lunch or snacks in your bag, it’s best to buy a 12 inch laptop sleeve so that your laptop doesn’t come in contact with any food crumbs or spills.
● 12 inch Laptop case: Besides a 12 laptop sleeve, you can also get a Chromebook 12 inch laptop case. It will keep your laptop safe from any external damage, such as knocks.
● 12 inch leather laptop bag: If you don’t carry any other bag, carrying the sleeve under your arm may get tiresome. Instead, look for a Chromebook 12 inch leather laptop bag to keep your laptop safe while appearing stylish.