While our Technical Evaluation Center provides information and recommendations to our engineers, our Lessons Learned initiative helps to refine our processes and eliminate any recurring problems. As a result, our product repair rates are among the lowest in the industry.
As part of our corporate policy on quality, senior executives set clear objectives and measure results in terms of improved quality and customer satisfaction. In addition, our employees are asked to contribute to the success of our quality management system. To see our product quality policy, click here.
Once a product’s development phase is completed, it undergoes a series of customer-driven tests prior to production. This includes ongoing customer simulation evaluations and audits of products used as they were intended to be used.
Additionally, a sample of products undergo extended tests, looking at different configurations and software options, as well as various standard customer applications. Technical teams are also on hand to support on-site installations for customers.
During and after the installation, there is ongoing dialogue between the customer and Lenovo to ensure timely feedback on installation progress. This allows corrections to be quickly put in place, and for the team to preempt potential issues.
Safety and Ergonomics
To further ensure that all our products are safe throughout their lifecycle, we have a strict Product Safety and Ergonomics Policy in place, as well as corporate strategies and guidelines.
In addition, each employee has a personal responsibility to advance the following objectives:
- Meet all applicable legal requirements, as well as other voluntary safety and ergonomics practices, wherever our products are sold.
- Select suppliers that demonstrate a similar commitment to safety.
- Provide customers with adequate information to enable them to use our products safely.
- Foster employee involvement and provide appropriate resources to develop, implement, and continually improve product safety initiatives.
- Investigate product safety incidents and take prompt remedial action to protect our customers and employees.
- Report safety initiatives and incidents to senior executive management.
The following table shows the safety assessments that occur during each life cyclestage of a product.
|Point in Product Life Cycle
|Hardware Safety Assessed?
|Development of product concept
|Manufacturing and production
|Marketing and promotion
|Storage distribution and supply
|Use and service
|Disposal, reuse or recycling
While we always focus on the highest standards of product safety and quality, as well as customer satisfaction, there have been instances when products have been recalled. On these rare occasions, we strive to act swiftly and decisively. For information on our past product recalls, click here.