Laptop for Gaming
There is nothing worse than sitting down to play and finding your computer is crawling rather than flying through levels for those who love gaming. You may be frustrated with the lack of speed or precision. Sometimes, the screen itself can be limiting with poor graphic quality. Today's computer games are packed with fantastic tools and resources to make gameplay a lot of fun. The question is, then, what are the best laptops for gaming?
With so many options on the market, it is easy to get confused or feel limited by your options. The key is to know what to look for when comparing your options. Here is the good news. Gaming laptops can do a lot, and you do not always have to spend a lot of money to get a great solution. At Lenovo, you will find that the best laptop for gaming for you is readily available and priced right.
To get to that point, let us take a closer look at the features and specs that make these laptops ideal for the gaming experience:
- Start with Your Display: A good place to start is with the display itself. Most of the time, laptops like this should have fantastic graphics cards. It can impact your gameplay and overall results when you have a screen that is inferior to your opponents. There are a few things to consider here:
What size is right for you? Bigger is sometimes better, but only if it is within your budget. You can get a great screen that is smaller with fantastic features. A larger size means the laptop will be heavier, but it is okay in this case. Most people do not want to lug their gaming laptops everywhere because that could risk damage. Aim for at least a 15-inch screen or larger.
Resolution is important. The resolution can range widely, but it is important for you to compare several options. Look at the previous of any laptop you are considering to see the difference in the screen type. The key here is that you want to have a great resolution level to see the details built into your game.
Refresh rate is another factor. Gaming is fast. You want to be sure that the display can keep up. A high refresh rate is important to consider when it comes to having a display that is beautiful and functionally efficient.
While the display is important, some people may wish to reduce how much they spend on a laptop by reducing the size of these features. Instead, they buy an external monitor. Since external monitors can be very high quality in terms of resolution, refresh rate, and overall quality but tend to be a fraction of the cost of the same type of laptop screen. If you want to stay mobile, though, that is not an option.
- CPU and GPU: As you look for good laptops for gaming, you also need to think about the CPU and GPU. It is important to compare each of these carefully. The best way to do this is to simply compare several laptops to each other to determine which features are better. Look at the core count and the clock speed, for example. You may want to look at other factors that play a role in quality.
Don't overlook the importance of a fast processor. It is important to have a processor that is designed for gaming whenever possible. Some just do not have the ability to function at the highest level possible, and they may simply not provide you with the results you want. When it comes to all of the important features to think about when buying a laptop for gaming, you want to put money into a quality processor as it will impact the gameplay the most.
- Memory and Storage: As you compare gaming laptops for sale, you also want to consider the amount of memory and storage available. RAM, in particular, is important for those who are looking for a quality product. RAM helps to ensure your gameplay is not lagging, which is sure to be upsetting if that occurs. At the same time, you want to be sure you have ample storage. You can do that with Solid State Drives (SSD) or Hard Disk Drives (HDD). External storage is an option for many people.
If you want affordable laptops for gaming, consider getting less storage to save money. Then, purchase an external hard drive to provide you with more of the functional benefits you need. Again, compare options across all models you are considering to find the best overall fit for your needs and your budget.
- Ports and Inputs: One thing that is often overlooked when purchasing a gaming laptop is the number and type of ports available. If you plan to add on that external storage or the second monitor, it is helpful to have a few different ports available to you. This is also important when you plan to use headphones, mics, and other peripherals. Be sure to determine what types of add-ons like this you want, and then ensure the laptop you select has at least that number of ports and inputs available to you to use. The more flexibility you build into the laptop, the better. Also, note that high-speed ports tend to be important, too.
- Consider the Design: There are a lot of laptop options out there, and all of them vary significantly in terms of their design. When you want the best budget laptop for gaming or the highest-end product available, you need to consider which design is going to be the best for your needs.
When thinking about gaming laptops, consider that some of the best focus on portability and performance as their main features. That is, you could go with a powerful laptop, but it may cost a bit more. Premium laptops also add in bigger features such as thermal devices that can help to keep the system cool for long hours of play. Others add in a wide range of portability.
As you compare your options, look at:
- The Bezels: Seek out thin bezels to reduce the size of the device
- Build quality: Aluminum casings are better for durability
- Weight: Whenever possible, keep weight low so that your laptop remains as portable as possible
- Luxury extras: You may want some nice features such as ultra-wide aspect ratios, upgradable hardware, and more than one screen
- Wireless connectivity: Next, take a look at the connectivity offered, such as access to the fastest wireless internet possible
How to Save Money Buying Gaming Laptops
There is no doubt you can spend a great deal of money when buying gaming laptops. There are a lot of advanced features and specs available today that can be great for gameplay, but they do keep costs high. So, what happens when you are looking for good but cheap laptops for gaming? There are a few key things to take into consideration.
One of the first things to remember is that there are some elements you should put more money into, such as a good processor and a decent display. A good graphics card is also important. You may be able to keep costs down by looking for those without advanced features such as thermal designs or overclockable designs.
When you want a budget laptop for gaming, consider that discounts are often available. Once you have a good idea of what features you are looking for, it is then necessary to focus on finding a great deal on them. Chances are good you will find a few discounts on some of the best laptops available today right here at Lenovo. Check out our teams now to find out.
The best cheap laptop for gaming is one that still provides the features you need to benefit from good gameplay. Don't invest in a name brand just because of its name. For example, Lenovo laptops for gaming are limited in functionality in some situations but they are much more expensive than you could get in a Windows model. Buy based on the specs.
A less ideal option for some is to buy a desktop for gaming. You’ll get higher-end specs for a much lower price. The only downfall is the lack of portability.
As you work to compare your options, be sure to allow our team at Lenovo the ability to help you. Ask us your questions. Most importantly, though, take the time to browse through our current inventory. We work hard to provide you with access to high-quality gaming laptops from a wide range of manufacturers. We also work to keep costs as low as possible to minimize any risk to you of overpaying.
You want to game. You need a laptop to do that. We can offer you the best deals available on today’s best laptops. Check out what is in stock today and watch our inventory for more details.
Lenovo.com pricing, restrictions, warranties, and more
Consumers Only: Lenovo.com sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Lenovo may cancel your order if we suspect you are purchasing products for resale.
Limits: Limit 5 per customer. Offers valid from Lenovo in the US only. Lenovo may increase or decrease these limits, from time to time, for certain offerings.
Ship date: Shipping times listed are estimates based on production time and product availability. An estimated ship date will be posted on our order status site after your order is placed. Ship dates do not include delivery times which will vary depending on the delivery method selected at checkout. Lenovo is not responsible for delays outside of our immediate control, including delays related to order processing, credit issues, inclement weather, or unexpected increase in demand. To obtain the latest information about the availability of a specific part number, please call the phone number listed in the masthead at the top of this page.
Same Day Shipping: Products ship within the same business day (excl. bank holidays and weekends) for orders which have been placed prior to 3pm ET and which are prepaid in full or payment approved. Limited quantities are available. Software and accessories will be shipped separately and may have a different estimated ship date. Same day shipping may not be available for some orders placed with Klarna and Zibby payment options.
Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Lenovo will contact you and cancel your order if the product becomes unavailable or if there was a pricing or typographic error. Products advertised may be subject to limited availability, depending on inventory levels and demand. Lenovo strives to provide a reasonable quantity of products to accommodate estimated consumer demand.
General: Review key information provided by Microsoft that may apply to your system purchase, including details on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and potential upgrades/downgrades. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third-party products or services.
Trademarks: IdeaPad, Lenovo, Lenovo Legion, ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, Yoga, the Lenovo logo and the Lenovo Legion logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo. Microsoft, Windows, Windows NT, and the Windows logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Xeon Phi, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other company, product or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Warranty: For a copy of applicable warranties, write to: Lenovo Warranty Information, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC, 27560. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third party products or services. The Lenovo Limited Warranty applies only to Lenovo hardware products purchased for your own use, and does not transfer upon resale.
Battery: These systems do not support batteries that are not genuine Lenovo-made or authorized. Systems will continue to boot, but may not charge unauthorized batteries. Attention: Lenovo has no responsibility for the performance or safety of unauthorized batteries, and provides no warranties for failures or damage arising out of their use. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors, including system settings and usage.
Pricing: Does not include tax, shipping and handling, or recycling fees. Reseller prices may vary. Savings referenced off regular Lenovo web prices.