AMD Advantage Laptops for High-Performance Gaming
The AMD Advantage™ design framework defines a new family of premium gaming laptops. Combining the latest AMD Ryzen™ processors and AMD Radeon™ RX graphics with high-resolution displays, long-lasting batteries, and more, AMD Advantage™ gaming laptops deliver the responsive performance that today's gamers demand—all within sleek, easily portable systems you can take anywhere.
For years, competitive gamers had to rely on big, heavy PC towers to get the advanced processing, high-end graphics, cooling features and other components needed to successfully navigate complex virtual game environments. Mobile gaming often meant sacrifices such as inadequate frame rates, disruptive performance lags, visual stutters and tears, or a short battery life.
AMD Advantage™ systems are upending the gaming world by making traditional mobile gaming limitations a thing of the past. With an AMD Advantage™ gaming laptop, you get:
- Amplified Performance—Experience a new level of speed and responsiveness with award-winning AMD Ryzen™ processors and AMD Radeon™ graphics. Unlock even more performance through smart technologies exclusive to AMD configured systems.
- Premium Displays—AMD Advantage™ laptops enable high refresh, low-latency, stutter and tear-free gaming on vividly bright, hyper responsive displays
- Built to Game—AMD Advantage™ systems are engineered for high-performance gaming with optimized thermals to stay cool and quiet no matter how long you play. These stylish designs punch above their weight.
Keep reading to learn more about how AMD is making mobile gaming better than ever.
What is the AMD Advantage Design Framework for Gaming Laptops?
The AMD Advantage™ design framework translates directly to incredible gaming performance and mobility. How? It's the combination of exclusive AMD technologies and advanced laptop components. Together, they enable a new generation of mobile systems built specifically for long sessions of intense gameplay.
Here are the most critical pieces of the AMD Advantage™ design framework for high-end gaming laptops:
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors: The latest Ryzen™ CPUs for mobile devices are prized by today's gamers, unleashing the highest multi-thread processing performance you can get in a gaming laptop.1
- AMD Radeon™ RX Mobile Graphics: Now available for laptops, the AMD RDNA™ 2 architecture means ultra-high frame rates and power efficiency—two "must haves" for mobile gamers.
- AMD Radeon™ Software: With one easy interface, users can access multiple advanced AMD features for mobile gaming:
- AMD Radeon™ Chill helps preserve battery power by regulating frame rates, running up to a defined FPS rate for periods of intense motion but lowering rates when there's little on-screen action.
- AMD Radeon™ Boost dynamically lowers individual frame resolution when fast on-screen motion is detected via user input, enabling a higher FPS rate with little noticeable impact to quality.2
- AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag reduces input lag by ensuring the CPU doesn't get too far ahead of the GPU, so the queue of work waiting for the graphics engine never gets too large.3
- AMD SmartShift: AMD-exclusive components optimize gaming and battery performance to enhance your laptop experience. To extend battery life during intense gameplay, machine-learning algorithms shift power between the Ryzen™ processor and Radeon™ graphics card, as needed.
- AMD Smart Access Memory™ technology: With access to an expanded data channel, AMD Ryzen™ processors can harness the full potential of the Radeon™ graphics card memory. Enjoy increased gaming performance with all-AMD in your system for the ultimate gaming advantage.
To earn the AMD Advantage™ design framework label, gaming laptops also must feature premium, high-res displays with 144Hz or higher refresh rates, 300+ nits brightness, and AMD FreeSync™ Premium technology for tear-free, stutter-free imagery.4 They need optimized thermal features designed to keep your gaming laptop cool and quiet over long hours of competition. "All day battery life" that requires up to 10 hours or more of video playback5, and when you open the lid, standard NVMe SSD storage and Modern Standby support are ready to wake the system (and launch games) almost instantly.
If you're a mobile gamer but your laptop leaves you lagging behind the competition, it's time to upgrade to an AMD Advantage™ gaming laptop. Even more so if you're using a business laptop for gaming—most models simply can't keep up. There's a better solution: AMD Ryzen™ processors, AMD Radeon™ RX graphics, and all the other features of the AMD Advantage™ design framework.
For additional information about AMD Advantage, see http://www.amd.com/advantage.
1 Ryzen 5000 Series Mobile processors have the highest multi-thread processing performance in each of four (4) classes of processors. Testing by AMD engineering using the Cinebench R20 nT benchmark, measuring multithreaded performance of a Ryzen 9 5900HX processor engineering sample vs. Intel Core i9-10980HK, a Ryzen 7 5800U processor engineering sample vs Core i7-1185G7 processor, a Ryzen 5 5600U processor engineering sample vs Core i5-1135G7 processor, and a Ryzen 3 5400U processor engineering sample vs Core i3-1115G4 processor. Performance may vary. (CZM-1)
2 Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of Feb 11, 2021, on the Radeon™ RX 6700XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, and Windows 10x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.50 with Radeon Boost ON/OFF. Performance may vary. (RS-354)
3 Radeon™ Anti-Lag is compatible with DirectX 9, DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 APIs, and Windows 7/10/11. Hardware compatibility includes Radeon GCN and newer consumer dGPUs, Ryzen 2000 Series and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. (GD-157)
4 AMD FreeSync™ technology requires AMD Radeon™ graphics and a display that supports FreeSync technology as certified by AMD. AMD FreeSync™ Premium technology adds requirements of mandatory low framerate compensation and at least 120 Hz refresh rate at minimum FHD. AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro technology adds requirements for the display to meet AMD FreeSync Premium Pro compliance tests. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase. (GD-127)
5 AMD defines “All Day Battery Life” as at least 8 hours of continuous battery life using a video playback test. Actual battery life will vary based on several factors, including, but not limited to: system configuration and software, settings, product use and age, and operating conditions. (GD-173)