Laptops are one of the most important tools for a business. They can provide flexible, on-the-go use for business managers and owners who need to be able to manage multiple tasks at one time. They are necessary for management operations, communications, and day-to-day tasks. How do you buy the best business laptop for the type of work you do? There are many factors that contribute to the investment in a business laptop, including the type of work you do and how you will use the device.
Lenovo offers a wide selection of laptops to fit just about any need. From large organizations to small office laptops, we offer the latest features, innovative tools, and the best brands available. You can expect to purchase a laptop that meets your goals on a consistent basis. Check out our current lineup now and buy with confidence.
Types of Laptops for Business
Before you can find the best laptop for your business, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, determine the type right for you. Here are a few things to think about before you buy any type of computer for your needs.
· Laptop: A business laptop is a flexible device that you can take with you just about anywhere. While this can be a great investment overall, laptops tend to cost more for the features they offer. That can be no problem as long as you invest in a laptop that offers enough performance for your needs (more on that later). The key benefit of a laptop is that you can take it with you to and from work or around the office with ease. At the same time, they are more fragile and need a bit more attention when picking them out.
· Desktops: A business pc can be a good option for those who need more power and performance than a laptop can offer. Business desktops can be updated over time to increase their processing power, too. You may find more features for them and more workstation-type styles available to meet higher demands. The biggest benefit of business desktops, though, is that they tend to be affordable for what they offer. The problem with them is that they cannot go with you from one space to the next easily.
Key Features for Business Laptops
If you have dedicated to sticking with a laptop instead of a business pc, there are a few key features to look for to ensure your laptop is going to be the top performer you need it to be. There are lots of specs out there and plenty of options, from the low-end, inexpensive laptop that is good for everyday, simple use and the highest-end workstation laptops that are capable of handling just about anything. Look at these features to determine what is best for you.
· Size: The best business laptop needs to fit the way that you use it. That means that if you need a large screen to be able to handle multiple documents or software programs at once, seek out a larger laptop with a 16 to 17-inch screen. These tend to weigh more which means they are a little harder to carry with you. For those who need a lightweight laptop and do not need a lot of screen size to go with it, you can get away with a 15-inch laptop in most cases. However, since you will be spending long hours staring at it, be sure that you buy a screen size that fits your needs.
· Operating system: When it comes to choosing a top business laptop, it needs to be easy to integrate into other software programs and systems you have in place. For that reason, most of these products are Windows-based. You can often find a Windows 10 or Windows 11 business laptop available that can help you meet all of your goals.
When it comes to operating systems, choose what you know and like to use. Be sure that the software you are currently using to run your business can be managed through the operating system you're selecting.
· Processing: The processor for your business laptop needs to match the type and amount of work you need to do. The good news is that today’s latest generation of processors can be outstanding in terms of overall functionality. They are capable of computing at a higher level consistently, far more so than other systems. Keep in mind, though, that the more processor power you select, the more important it will be for you to have a powerful setup that includes ample memory and storage to keep up with it.
Many of the best laptops for business options out there run on an Intel Core processor, often an i5 or higher. If you have a lot of demand for use, such as running multiple programs at once, then you may want to choose an i7 system. Along with this decision comes ensuring you have the best price available – the more processor you add to the system, the more expensive the laptop becomes.
· Display: The display on your laptop should also meet the needs you have. If you have just basic computing needs, you may want to consider a basic display that offers a good resolution of 1080 or higher. However, if you are making graphics, editing photos, or otherwise need outstanding clarity, up the game to a better level of visuals. Typically, this means looking for an IPS, glossy display that offers a high definition resolution of 400 or higher. Choose a higher level of performance if you are using a high-end graphics card (which is often integrated with the processor in many of the higher-performing laptops on the market.
When you are looking for the top business laptop, it can also be important to consider if a touchscreen would benefit your operations. A touchscreen can add a significant amount to the cost of the laptop. However, when it provides a benefit to the way you use your laptop, then it is worthwhile. Some are also 2 in 1 model, which allow you to use the touchscreen to input data as you work. This type of laptop can be an excellent investment for businesses that have to do some level of graphics design or artistic features as well as inputting data on the go.
· Memory: Some business owners need to be able to use numerous software programs at one time. They may need to handle multiple tasks, move from one thing to the next, stream, and do a wide range of other features. If that sounds like the work you need to do, be sure you are investing in a laptop that has a lot of memory. Memory is going to help that high-end processor work well, too.
When it comes to memory, for a basic office desktop that does not have to do a lot of actual processing of data quickly, 4 GB may be enough. Most of the time, it is best to choose a laptop that offers 8 GB or more, though. This is going to provide enough overall flexibility for most business tasks.
Also, note that some laptops are expandable, which means you can add more memory to them over time if you need to do so. That can help you to keep the laptop operational for longer. However, not all laptops have this in their designs any longer, which means if it is important to you, seek it out specifically.
· Storage: Storage is another important component for most business-focused laptops. Because you will likely be working through a lot of data at one time, it helps to have a laptop that has ample built-in storage. Look for those with 512 GB or more for most business laptops. You can purchase them with more built-in storage – up to 2 TB if you like. You can also add external storage to your system if you need more performance consistently. Be sure the laptop offers numerous ports to allow for this, though.
Finding a Good Price
The best laptop for business is one that offers the features you need. You do not always shave to buy the most expensive option on the market. Sometimes, it is best to buy something a bit less functional if it helps you to save some money.
Also, for businesses that want to save, there are a few ways to do that, too. Some of the best business laptop deals are those that are available right here at Lenovo. We consistently offer discounts on the laptops we offer, and that means instant savings.
You may also find business laptop deals on older models. Sales run throughout the year on different products, too, especially as new products are released. Be sure to take advantage of these as a good way to reduce your overall costs and still get the laptop you want with all of the performance features that matter.
Take a few minutes now to check out our current lineup of Lenovo business laptops and pcs. When you do, you are sure to find a wide variety of products that are both affordable and designed for maximum performance on the job. Be sure to look at our options for your specific business application needs, such as those best for designing professionals or laptops perfect for engineers. We offer all you need to ensure you get the very best performance out of your laptop every time you turn it on.
Lenovo only offers high-quality laptops. That does not mean you have to pay a lot of money for it. Check out what is in stock and ready to ship to your home right now.