Environmental Affairs Policy
Original approval date: October 10, 2006 Revision effective date: January 29, 2020
As a global citizen, Lenovo strives to exhibit leadership in environmental affairs in all of its business activities and to provide long-term, innovative solutions to support our customers. The requirements listed below support this goal and apply to Lenovo’s worldwide operations. Every Lenovo organization must support this policy and each manager and employee, as well as any contractor performing work on behalf of Lenovo, shall bear a personal responsibility for the objectives established in this document.
- Meet or exceed all applicable environmental requirements for all Lenovo activities, products, and services, including legal requirements, standards, and voluntary commitments to which Lenovo subscribes.
- Proactively protect the environment through the use of sustainable business practices and processes that minimize health and safety risks, mitigate Lenovo’s climate change impact, improve the energy efficiency of Lenovo’s operations and products, minimize waste and prevent pollution, and ensure responsible and safe disposal of waste.
- Be an environmentally responsible neighbor in the communities where we operate and act promptly and responsibly to correct conditions that may endanger health, safety, or the environment.
Product Environmental Attributes
- Conserve natural resources by developing products and packaging that minimize materials usage, promote the use of recycled or environmentally preferable materials and that maximize reuse and recycling opportunities at the end of the product’s life.
- Develop, manufacture, and market products that are energy efficient and that minimize their impact on the environment.
- Provide innovative hardware, software, and cloud based solutions to enable energy efficiencies for our customers and their communities.
- Promote reliable product take-back services in all regions in which we sell.
- Ensure Lenovo’s supply chain supports and complies with Lenovo’s environmental requirements and engage them to meet environmental objectives and targets that support Lenovo’s long-term goals.
- Reward leadership in sound environmental practices, energy efficiency and carbon reduction efforts in our supply chain through our procurement selection practices.
- Drive innovation and continually improve Lenovo's environmental management system and performance with a strong focus on our key environmental aspects.
- Set aggressive objectives and targets, implement action plans to achieve them and measure our performance against each objective and target to insure that we stay on track.
- Audit Lenovo’s and our suppliers’ facilities and operations to ensure performance is consistent with our stated commitments.
- Provide appropriate resources to fulfill these objectives.
Corporate strategies, policies and guidelines must support this commitment to leadership in environmental affairs. Every employee and contractor of Lenovo must follow this policy and report any environmental, health, or safety concerns to Lenovo management, who must take prompt corrective action.
Yuanqing Yang, Chief Executive Officer