If you are in the market for good laptops for school, you may want a combination of an excellent price and a high-quality laptop that can handle the type of work you need to do. Laptops for college students, high school students, and elementary students exist, but they are all a bit different. That is because the work you do with them differs widely. There are a few components that matter significantly when choosing a laptop for school use. That is why we offer a wide range of products for you to choose from within your budget.
Lenovo offers good laptops for school at all levels. On top of excellent quality, these laptops are also designed to work reliably and provide exceptional value to you no matter what you plan to use them for on a daily basis. Take a closer look at some of your options.
Types of Laptops for School
A good place to start is with the type of laptop you need. There are a lot of fantastic brands out there you can choose from, but your decision should come down to the overall way you plan to use it.
· Laptops for daily use: Those who want good laptops for high school or younger may just need a reliable, well-built laptop without a lot of high-end features. These laptops tend to be more affordable to fit your budget, but they also offer an easy-to-use design with good processing power and speed. Most often, these daily use laptops are Windows-based, though other options exist as well.
· Laptops for college: Laptops for college students may need to have more processing power and functionality than others. That is because these laptops tend to be used more. For example, some students may need a laptop designed for architecture classes or engineering courses. You may need a more powerful laptop if you are doing presentation design, photo-editing, or other intense projects. Look for a more powerful processor and more storage to help these laptops function at the best for your needs.
· Gaming laptops: As you consider the options for school laptops, you also need to consider whether a student will use the same laptop for gaming. If that is the case, it is important to up the processor speed and performance so it can meet the higher demands of the student. It may also be important to choose a gaming laptop that features ample RAM and storage to allow them to play well. Depending on the budget, it may also be helpful to have a good display quality and graphics card.
Some people prefer to have a separate gaming laptop from a school laptop. That could be a great way to keep costs lower for your everyday laptop.
Features to Look For
When buying laptops for any need, it helps to have a good idea of the features you need to ensure you can perform at your best. Here is a look at some of the best recommended laptops for college students and younger based on features.
· Processors: If you are looking for the best affordable laptops for college students, the processor you choose is going to play a big role in the overall costs. The more advanced the processor is, the higher the value. For most high school and younger students, a basic Intel i3 processor is just fine. For those who are older or those using it for more advanced functions, including gaming, online streaming, or high-end software, it helps to purchase more processing power. The highest levels of i7 and i9 cost a significant amount more, though, which means it is best to find a middle ground that works for your needs. Most college students could benefit from an i5 or an i7 for gaming needs.
· Memory: Another factor that plays a role in the amount you will pay for your laptop is the amount of memory provided. Most of the time, you want at least 8 GB of RAM if you are buying an everyday laptop for high school. These are good laptops for high school and lower. If you plan to do more with the laptop, though, more memory is necessary. This helps speed up functions to ensure they are working at their very best and ensures that your high-speed processor is being used wisely. The good news is that some laptops allow you to add more memory over time, which means the laptop can grow with student needs.
· Storage: Another important feature of many laptops is the amount of storage they offer. More storage means that the laptop can work well and handle the processing of data faster. Having 256 GB of storage is often recommended for those in college using a higher amount. Also, note that the best affordable laptops for college students may have an average amount of internal storage and then be fitted with an external storage solution. That can help increase the amount available to the system as the student ages while keeping overall costs lower initially.
· Display: Another area where it is possible to save some money is with the display. There are some very beautiful, high-resolution displays available today that can provide exceptional overall quality. That may not be necessary for the average everyday laptop, though. There are a few things to consider.
First, seek out the right size for your student’s needs. Younger students need a smaller screen size because this helps to make the laptop more manageable and easier to carry around with them. Older students may need more display space so they can research and see more on the screen at one time.
In addition to this, you also want to consider the resolution quality, with higher resolutions costing a bit more and the overall refresh rate. Also important for many students is having a laptop that has an anti-glare element to it, as this can help to reduce the overall risk of being unable to see well during classroom studies.
· Weight: As you look for good laptops for day-to-day use, remember that weight is a factor. If a younger student is carrying a laptop, they are going to need to choose one that is lighter weight, so there is less risk of it dropping. Also, consider laptops that are lightweight for older students. The problem is sometimes, the lightweight models do not last as long in terms of battery life, or they may not have as much display space as desired. It is important to find the balance in these areas that work for your needs.
· Webcam: If you are looking for good laptops for online school, video streaming, or conferencing, you need to be sure it offers a good webcam. Most laptops have them now, but the quality can differ from one product to another. Look for those that offer simple, easy-to-use features to connect to the webcam. It is also helpful to ensure the video quality is excellent when the laptop is for an older student who may need to do professional meetings using it.
· Mics: Another important option for some is the mic. Good laptops for online school should have a mic incorporated into them. Some students may find that basic mics are not enough for clear conversations, though. That makes it more important for you to increase mic quality.
· Security: Beyond looking for security from the standpoint of software, also consider access to the laptop itself. For example, some laptops have AI and biometric security in them. That means that with one touch, the laptop becomes available to the student to use, but no one else can access that laptop. For those who want to protect their privacy, this can be a very important investment to make.
· Touchscreen: Recommended laptops for college students nearly always include a touchscreen. That is not always necessary as it does add a lot of value to the system. Touchscreens are important for some students, especially those using their laptops for overall editing, data input, or other designing. If you are taking a graphics design course, you may also benefit from a laptop that offers a stylus to help you with using the screen itself. Though this is an added cost, it can help some students love to design even more so.
Comparing Your Options Carefully
Laptops for students can come in a range of styles and sizes. There are a few fantastic brands out there that are super reliable and ideal, especially for older students, such as the ThinkPad. Yet, before you buy anything, consider what this laptop needs to do. A high-end laptop for a young student typically is not worth it, and it may be damaged. However, for a college student taking graphic-intense courses that require a lot of computing power, spending a bit more is well worth the investment because it ensures that the student can do well consistently.
At Lenovo, we aim to provide a good range of options for most needs. Good laptops for school from us tend to balance the overall features with the prices, making it easy for college students and others to find just what they need for years of reliability and durability. You want a laptop that is easy to take with you and powerful enough to handle everything you have to do with ease.
Check out the current lineup of laptops for school available. Compare a few of them to see which specs may be most important to you. Then, invest wisely. We offer the very best in quality and superior services, but we also aim to keep costs as low as possible. You could find the ideal laptop for you here at a discounted price. Lenovo aims to provide you with the best price, and we price match to make sure of it.