ThinkServer TS440 Tower Server
Feature Rich. Highly Affordable.
- Powerful & easy-to-manage 5U tower server
- Reliability features like error correcting code (ECC) memory, onboard storage controller, & hot-swap SAS or SATA drives
- Whisper-quiet enough for the front office & energy-efficient
The ThinkServer TS440 is a true enterprise-class server. Thanks to the increased performance of the latest Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 series processors, the TS440 has the power and speed to handle your workload with ease. To help keep you up and running and your data safe, the TS440 includes reliability features such as error correcting code (ECC) memory and an onboard storage controller with the capability of implementing up to RAID 5. You can also choose between enterprise SAS or SATA hot-swap drives. Plus, the TS440 is designed for 24/7 operation and is certified for MSP support with many ecosystem vendors.
Easy to Own
What do we mean when we say easy to own? In addition to being very affordable, the TS440 is highly upgradeable. You can add up to 48TB of storage, up to 32GB of memory, and have 4 PCI/PCIe slots so you can grow the TS440 as your needs dictate. We also mean the TS440 is easy to manage. It offers simple tools for deployment, monitoring, and ongoing management. Using the latest Intel Advanced Management Technology (AMT) 9.0, the TS440 provides out-of-band, remote management—regardless of the server's status. The TS440's web console works directly out of the box providing point-and-click management tools perfect for branch offices or remote deployments with limited IT resources.
Whisper-QuietAt 33 decibels, the acoustics of the TS440 are 40 percent quieter than its predecessor and impressively quiet for any server. That's less noise than you'll find in a typical library. Plus, it's ENERGY STAR-certified and made with 65% recycled materials, so it's easy on the environment and easy on your power bills.
Description ThinkServer TS440 ProcessorUp to one 4-core Intel Xeon E3-1200 v3 Series Operating Systems Supported
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2011
- Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
- VMware ESXi
Form Factor/Height5U Tower MemoryUp to 32GB DDR3 – 1600 MT/s via 4 slots (UDIMM) Media BaysUp to 2 x 5.25" Disk BaysUp to 4 x 3.5" Fixed or up to 8 x 3.5" hot-swap or up to 8 x 2.5" hot-swap Maximum Internal StorageUp to 48TB (3.5" SATA) or up to 24TB (3.5" SAS) or up to 8TB (2.5" SATA) or up to 7.2TB (2.5" SAS) RAID SupportThinkServer RAID 100 (0/1/10/5) Power Supply
- 1 Fixed – 450W (80 PLUS Gold), 100V to 240V AC input
- Optional 1 + 1 Redundant hot-swap – 450W
Network Interface1 x Integrated Gb Ethernet Expansion Slots
- 1 x PCIe GEN3: HH/FL x16 mechanical, x16 electrical
- 1 x PCIe GEN2: HH/HL x16 mechanical, x4 electrical
- 1 x PCIe GEN2: HH/HL x1 mechanical, x1 electrical
- 1 x PCI 32-bit/33 MHz: FH/HL
DiagnosticsIntelligent Diagnostics Panel Systems Management
- Intel Advanced Management Technology 9.0 (Xeon models)
- Intel Standard Manageability (Core i3 models)
Dimensions (W x D x H)(194.81 mm x 594.86 mm x 429.76 mm) or (7.67" x 23.42" x 16.92") WeightStarting at (28.0 kg) or (61.8 lbs)
Specifications may vary depending upon region.