HIGH VALUE PERFORMANCE WITH AGGRESSIVE PRICING
Optimized for Windows 8, this 14" laptop delivers on performance and price, with 4th gen Intel® processors, NVIDIA® discrete graphics option, robust security features, and legendary ThinkPad reliability.
HIGH VALUE PERFORMANCE WITH AGGRESSIVE PRICING
Improved Design Changes
The new 2013 - 2014 ThinkPads feature quality design changes that focus on real-life experiences with input from over 900 people in 9 different countries. Improvements in LCD design and smaller internal antenna result in a reduced bezel sizeactually 20% smaller than previous generationsyet our ThinkPads deliver legendary reliability and meet or exceed rigorous military-specification standards. Plus these notebooks lie flat, at a 180-degree angle, adding enhanced flexibility for use and sharing.
Security & Manageability Features
Intel® vPro, Computrace, encrypted hard disk drive, BIOS port locking, Trusted Platform Module, and more, ensure your business-critical data is secure and easily managed.
MIL-SPEC / Military-Specification Testing
Validates the ruggedness, durability, and quality of ThinkPad products by testing against eight parameters: high pressure, humidity, vibration, high temperature, temperature shock, low pressure (15,000 ft), low temperature, and dust.
Award-Winning Keyboard Further Enhanced for Windows 8
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. And now it's optimized for Windows 8 with convenient multimedia buttons, function-lock capability, and immediate access to view apps. Plus, a larger, smooth TrackPad with 5-point click integration can be configured multiple ways through Settings.
Long Battery Life
Enjoy all-day computing with up to 12 hours unplugged on the standard 6-cell 56 Wh batterywhether you're working on-the-go or simply enjoying downtime, you get more than a full day on a single charge.
High Resolution Display
Enjoy visuals on a dazzling high resolution display, with HD being our standard offering. The L440 offers a choice between a 14-inch antiglare HD (1366 x 768) or HD+ (1600 x 900) display.
Hinge-Based Latching & Active Protection System
Thinner and stronger, new ThinkPad laptops include hinge-based latching, which features a cleaner, modern easy-open design. Tension in the hinges keeps the cover closed during unexpected drops. Plus, Active Protection System (APS), which works with traditional magnetic HDDs, detects when the system is dropped and reacts by stopping the hard drive to protect your data.
Integrated 720p HD Webcam & Dual Noise-Cancelling Microphones
Enjoy superior web conferencing on your L440, which includes a low-light sensitive 720p HD webcam with wide-angle viewing and face-tracking, dual noise-cancelling microphones with configurations for crystal-clear private and conference mode VOIP meetings, plus, convenient multimedia keys for quick and easy access to microphone, speaker, and camera controls.
Dolby® Speakers With Advanced Audio™
This suite of audio technologies enables your ThinkPad to deliver a crisp, clear surround sound experience over its built-in stereo speakers. The technology increases audio clarity for VOIP applications, maximizes volume output without distortion, and improves dialogue clarity when watching videos.
Integrated Fingerprint Reader (Optional)
Get quick, convenient access and secure login with one swipe.
Fast Data Transfer
Move data quickly between the L440 and other devices with SuperSpeed USB 3.0, which enables up to 10 times faster file transfer, allowing for lightning-fast copying of large media files, as well as seamless connections between audio- and video-related peripherals.
WWAN (3G/4G) (Optional)
Add wireless WAN connectivity and go online virtually anywhere without a WiFi connection.
Greenest ThinkPad Available
ThinkPad L Series continues the legacy of saving energy to lower power consumption costs. With numerous environmental certifications like EPEAT® Gold, ENERGY STAR, ULE Gold Sustainable Product Certification, up to 10% post-consumer content, and low halogen, the L440 is good for the planet and your bottom line.
Ensure cost-effective, worry-free enjoyment of your L440 with accidental damage protection, which keeps you covered in the event of accidental damage caused by drops or spills that occur under normal working conditions.
Description Thinkpad L440/L540 Laptop Processor
- Intel® Core™ i7-4600M (Up to 2.9 GHz, 4MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i7-4702MQ (Up to 2.2 GHz, 6MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4330M (Up to 2.8 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4300M (Up to 2.6 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i5-4200M (Up to 2.5 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i3-4100M (Up to 2.5 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Core™ i3-4000M (Up to 2.4 GHz, 3MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Pentium 3550M (Up to 2.3 GHz, 2MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Intel® Celeron 2950M (Up to 2.0 GHz, 2MB L3, 1600 MHz FSB)
- Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 7 32-bit (downgrade)
- Windows 7 64-bit (downgrade)
- L440: 14.0" HD (1366 x 768), 14.0" HD+ (1600 x 900)
- L540: 15.6" HD (1366 x 768), 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080)
- L440: 2.26 kg (5.0 lbs)
- L540: 2.49 kg (5.5 lbs)
- L440: Integrated, NVIDIA® N14M-GE GeForce® GT 720M
- L540: Integrated
Memory2GB / 4GB / 8GB / 12GB / 16GB I/O (Input/Output) Ports
- 1 x VGA
- 1 x USB 3.0
- 3 x USB 2.0
- 1 x Express Card (Smart Card)
- 1 x Mic/headphone combo
- 1 x RJ45
- 4-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC)
Webcam720p face-tracking technology, low light sensitive Storage
- HDD: 320GB / 500GB / 1TB 5400 RPM
- HDD: 320GB / 500GB 7200 RPM
- SSD: 128GB SSD SATA3
- SSD: Intel® 180GB SSD SATA3
- SSD: 240GB FDE SSD (Qual only)
- SSD: 256GB SSD (OPAL 2.0)
- mSATA: 16GB*
Optical Drive9.5 mm MultiBurner (Rambo) AudioDolby® Advanced Audio™ KeyboardThinkPad® Precision Keyboard Battery
- 6 cell Li-ion Battery - (47 Wh)
- 6 cell Li-ion Battery - 57+ (56 Wh)
- 9 cell Li-ion Battery - 57++ (99 Wh)
- L440: 13+ hours
- L540: 12+ hours
EthernetIntel® 10/1000 Gigabyte Ethernet WiFi and Bluetooth®
- Intel® Centrino® 7260 (Wilkins Peak 2) 2 x 2 AC+ BT 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® 7260BGN (Wilkins Peak 2) 2 x 2 BGN + BT 4.0
- ThinkPad Wireless 2 x 2 BGN+BT 4.0
- Intel® Centrino® Advanced N6235 (Jackson Peak 2) 2 x 2 AGN+ BT 4.0
- Intel® 82577LM Gigabit (Hanksville) Digital Office
- Gobi 5000 – LTE/EVDO/HSPA+ 42Mbps NGFF M.2
- Ericsson HSPA+ 21Mbps (N5321)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
- L440: 344 mm x 239 mm x 29 mm (13.54" x 9.40" x 1.04")
- L540 Wedge panel: 377 mm x 247 mm x 31 mm (14.84" x 9.72" x 1.22")
- L540 Silm panel: 377 mm x 247 mm x 28.8 mm (14.84" x 9.72" x 1.13")
Fingerprint ReaderYes Navigation
Specifications may vary
Offerings Description Preloaded Applications
- Lenovo® Companion
- Lenovo® Support
- Lenovo® Cloud Storage
- Lenovo® Settings
- Intel® AppUp
- Amazon Kindle
- Lenovo® Solutions Center
- Intel® Education Software Suite
At Lenovo, we continue to improve and update our products for you—new cutting-edge features, upgraded productivity enhancements, faster, more powerful processors, and expanded memory and storage. Everything you need to meet the demands of your business, your schoolwork, your life—reliability, power, and productivity. With that in mind, although the product is no longer available on Lenovo.com, we invite you to view our new laptops and desktops.
Still need resources?
Do you own this product and just want to expand your work from home or office setup? We’ve got your back. Check out our accessories page that features docks, hubs, monitors and more. All the bells and whistles you want to be even more productive. And yes, your Lenovo computer continues to be supported, so if you a have a question or need a part—no problem. Contact our support team. They are happy to help.
It all comes down to this. If you’re looking for a new laptop or desktop or if you need accessories or support for your current Lenovo computer, you can find them today at Lenovo.com