X1 Carbon Gen 3 | Thinnest Ultrabook
X1 Carbon Gen 3 | Thinnest Ultrabook
"I just love my new thinkpad. The best I have owned! Sleek looking, ultralight, ultrathin, blazing performance, and sturdy! What can you more expect?"
-Customer Review on Feb 7, 2015
10-Point Multitouch Screen Option Available
An optional 10-point multitouch screen improves accuracy, making touch-browsing and selecting more responsive and precise.
Uncommonly Intuitive Adaptive Keyboard
The unique Adaptive Keyboard automatically changes the row of function keys depending on what application you're in. Less clutter, more function and a streamlined keyboard that anticipates your needs.
ThinkPad ColorBurst Display (WQHD, 2560 x 1440) and antiglare screen mean text is crisper, images are brighter and colors are truer. Also available with HD+ (1600 x 900) display.
Tested to Military Specifications
Constructed with satellite-grade carbon fibre, X1 Carbon Gen 2 Ultrabook laptop is the thinnest and toughest ThinkPad ever made. In fact, we perform eight separate military specification tests—all under extreme conditions with dust, vibration, heat, cold, altitude and humidity.The military specification tests are not intended to be a guarantee of performance under these environmental conditions.
Standard with FingerPrint Reader, X1 Carbon Gen 2 Windows 8 Ultrabook lets you use biometrics for login, so the swipe of your finger becomes your password. Intel® security features and vPro options step up protection and enhance manageability when deploying upgrades. The Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip further encrypts your critical information
Patently Cool: Revolutionary New Thermal Technology
Even with its ultrathin design, the X1 Carbon Gen 2 Windows 8 Ultrabook stays cooler than ever. In fact, we re-engineered our patented fan blades—so X1 Carbon provides the same cool and quiet performance you expect from a ThinkPad.
Starting at just 1.28 kg, the X1 Carbon Gen 2 is the lightest 14" Ultrabook™ on the planet. And at just 17.72 mm thin, it's the thinnest ThinkPad laptop ever.
Longer Battery Life
The X1 Carbon Gen 2 delivers over 9 hours of battery life* on a single charge. And if you do run low, don't fret: with RapidCharge you get 80% battery restored in just under an hour. * Battery life is based on the MobileMark® 2012 methodology and is an estimated maximum. Actual battery life may vary based on many factors, including screen brightness, active applications, features, power management settings, battery age and conditioning, and other customer preferences.Show MoreLess
Ask An Owner
ThinkPad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen)Ask An Owner
Description thinkpad X1 CARBON ULTRABOOK Processor
- 5th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor (3M Cache, 2.2GHz), Turbo Boost 2.0 (2.7GHz)
- 5th Gen Intel Core i5-5300U Processor (3M Cache, 2.3GHz), Turbo Boost 2.0 (2.9GHz) , Intel vPro™ Technology3
- 5th Gen Intel Core i7-5500U Processor (4M Cache, 2.4GHz), Turbo Boost 2.0 (3.0GHz)
- 5th Gen Intel Core i7-5600U Processor (4M Cache, 2.6GHz), Turbo Boost 2.0 (3.2GHz), Intel vPro Technology3
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro.
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
- 14.0" FHD TN (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 400:1 contrast ratio3
- 14.0" WQHD (2560x1440), anti-glare, 300 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, IPS
- 14.0" WQHD (2560x1440), anti-glare, 270 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, IPS, multitouch screen supports 10-finger gesture3
GraphicsIntel HD Graphics 5500 Memory4GB3 or 8GB, 1600MHz DDR3L, soldered to systemboard, no socket WebcamIntegrated 720p HD Camera, gesture input Storage2
- 128GB M.2 SSD
- 180GB M.2 SSD OPAL2
- 256GB M.2 SSD OPAL2
- 512GB M.2 SSD PCIe x43
Optical driveNone Dimensions (W x D x H)
- FHD: 331 x 226.5 x 18.16-19.65 mm
- WQHD: 331 x 226.5 x 17.72-19.2 mm
- WQHD Touch: 331 x 227.1 x 18.46-20.15 mm
- FHD: 1.36 kg
- WQHD: 1.31 kg
- WQHD Touch: 1.44 kg
Case colourGraphite Black BatteryIntegrated Lithium Polymer 8-cell (50Wh) RapidCharge battery Battery life1
- FHD: Up to 10.9 hours (MobileMark2012)
- WQHD / WQHD Touch: Up to 9.9 hours (MobileMark 2012)
AC adaptor65W Keyboard6-row, LED backlit, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys UltraNav™TrackPoint® pointing device and glass surface touchpad, integrated 3 buttons, multi-touch Fingerprint readerYes Audio supportHD Audio, Realtek® ALC3232 codec / stereo speakers, 1 watt x 2 / dual array microphone, combo audio/mic jack Wireless LANIntel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (2x2, 802.11ac/a/b/g/n) with Bluetooth® 4.0 Wireless WAN (optional)
- Ericsson® N5321 (HSPA+ 21Mbps)
- Sierra Wireless EM7345 (4G LTE/HSPA)
Sim cardNone NFCNone Ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 (1 x Always On)
- Combo audio/microphone jack
- Ethernet extension connector
- Lenovo OneLink connector
- Micro-SIM card tray
- Mini DisplayPort
Specifications and availability may differ from that promoted or available from Lenovo resellers from time to time.
1 Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
2 Available free space excluding space occupied by installed Operation System, apps and programs, approx. 20GB ~ 60GB. More details: Why does my Hard Disk Drive (HDD) capacity appear to be smaller than expected?
3 No longer available on Lenovo.com (Australia and New Zealand)Show MoreLess
Accessories & Services
ThinkPad X1 Carbon (3rd Gen)Accessories & Services
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.