If you are in the market for a new computer, consider the value of purchasing tower computers. These are designed to provide exceptional function and expandability that you cannot get from just a laptop. Whether for day-to-day use at home or in a business environment, the right tower can help ensure that you can remain connected and communicate with ease.
While desktops are not as common as laptops, there are many people who prefer them and, in some applications, they are the best overall choice. They provide a wide range of features and are designed to accommodate most needs. There are a few things to think about for those in the market for a desktop tower pc before you buy. The good news is that you will find a wide range of products to choose from, and most of them will help ensure you are getting the most out of your workday, internet browsing, shopping, or other needs.
Why Choose a Desktop Tower Over Other Options?
Before you make your buying decision, be sure you know the benefits that a desktop can offer to you over other products, including laptops and tablet computers. Here are some factors to think about in this area.
- Computer power that is proven: One of the best reasons to choose tower computers is that they provide a much higher level of computing power than other options. Laptops are smaller, and as a result, they lose some of their functionality for convenience, and that can be a concern. Desktops have a more robust processing system and typically offer more memory and a larger storage drive giving you more room to move.
- More flexibility and expansion options: Another of the advantages of tower desktop computers is that they offer a lot more room for expansion. Because they are larger, they can be more flexible in meeting your needs. That includes offering various configurations to meet your needs. They can be upgraded in various ways, such as adding more memory or swapping out the storage drive for one that gives you more support. You may find that these also allow more flexibility if you are looking to add different types of functionality, such as a higher level of a video graphics card. You may even be able to customize the system to better meet your needs as those needs change over time.
- They are more affordable: A laptop is a good option for those who need portability. However, if you are likely to keep your desktop in the same location most of the time, you will get more for your money with a desktop instead of a laptop. For many people, purchasing a lower-end, more affordable desktop now and upgrading it over time, slowly as you need to, is another advantage of these systems.
What Do You Plan to Use Your Desktop For?
Before you can purchase a desktop, think about what you plan to use it for and what you want to be able to accomplish with it. Computer desktop towers can be very versatile, but you still need to think about how you plan to use them to purchase what you need to get started.
- Everyday use: Do you plan to just use it for day-to-day use? This may include things like browsing social media, surfing the web, answering emails, and perhaps sharing photos? In this case, your needs are likely to be that of smaller options.
- Average computer use: Most people with a desktop will invest in more than just browsing. You may want to upgrade a bit if you plan to use your computer for things like streaming music and movies. If you plan to store photos and other content, you may benefit from a larger system as well. Also, if you plan to create videos or edit photos, you may want a bit more power to your system. Things like managing software programs for work or at home use can also play a role in your buying decision.
- Gaming and high-performance use: A high-performance model is best for those who need a desktop that can do a lot more. This may include things like serious gaming with high-end graphics. If you plan to do a lot of graphic work, especially with advanced software programs, you will also appreciate a larger computer system. Video production and audio recording also require a higher level of functionality from a desktop and warrant spending a bit more for more space and computing power. When you need more power from the computer, you are typically going to want faster processors, a higher level of system memory, and more storage. You may also want to consider a high-end screen as well.
Where Do You Plan to Store Your Computer?
You may not think much about it, but where you place your desktop tower computer is also a factor when it comes to making a buying decision. For example, if you plan to keep it in your living room for everyone to use, you may want a smaller design or one that offers a stylish look. This may be a good time to consider an all-in-one system, as that may fit more needs and provide a sophisticated look.
On the other hand, if you plan to have a dedicated office space for it and ample room on a shelf or other area, you may not mind the larger tower box or, the more elaborate setup for your monitors.
Key Factors to Look at When Comparing Your Options
With some idea of what you need in tower desktop computers, the next step is to compare some of the available features. Here’s what to consider when making a buying decision.
Buying a desktop computer is a solid investment for many people. If you plan to make that investment, it is critical to look at all components of the system and choose wisely. The good news is that today you can find just about everything you need at Lenovo.com.
- Operating system: Most people select Windows as an Operating System. Overall, it is a good option, but you may want to choose what you are familiar with or like to use. Windows tend to have fewer problems with things like malware and viruses. However, some of these computers are at a higher price than others. Windows are also sleek, sophisticated, and tend to have a good build quality. Windows can be a competitive option for features like touchscreen interfaces, intuitive design, and navigation options. You may wish to choose this option if you want a task manager, a good file management system, and a lot of built-in applications.
- Processors: The processor is the brain of the computer and works with your computer’s memory to create a function for you. One of the most popular options is the Intel processor, available on numerous levels to accommodate most people's needs. AMD processors are another option, and often the go do option for those looking for a gaming desktop tower.
- Memory: The more you want to do with your computer, the higher the importance of memory. Random-access memory, or RAM, tends to be one of the most important things to consider. Most desktops have 8 GB, 16 GB, or more. The more you want to do with the computer, the more important it is for you to choose a higher level of memory.
- Internal storage: Another factor to think about is the amount of internal storage available. You may be able to update this and add more to it over time, but you want to start with at least what you need. The hard disk drive is an inexpensive option and gives a lot of value for your investment, but it tends to be louder. A solid-state drive is another option and is flash-based without any type of moving part to wear them out. Other options include dual drives and hybrid hard drives. Consider what you plan to do with the system before making a buying decision.
- Connectivity: When choosing any of the desktop towers for sale, you have to think about all of the ways you plan to use them. Gaming tower desktop computers need more power behind them and good connectivity. That may include HDMI ports and memory card slots. You may also want to consider other needs, such as USB ports.
- Gaming systems: If you want to play Desktop Tower Defense on a regular basis – or perhaps one of the more powerful, graphics-heavy games out there, you need a computer that is built for it. Desktops can provide that to you and much more. The key here is that they are built specifically for gaming, which opens the door for more features at a competitive price. They may offer additional features too, such as RGB lighting, more extensive expansion options, and advanced cooling technology.