Buy 17-inch Laptops | 17-inch Gaming Laptops
Go big with full-size, 17-inch laptops from Lenovo
Laptops with big, 17-inch displays are often called “full-size laptops” or “desktop replacements.” In other words, portable systems that perform like larger towers or other PCs that stay under the desk. Some just call them, “big screen laptops” or simply, “giant laptops.”
Whatever you call them, there’s a lot to love in a 17-inch laptop – and it goes beyond the oversized, 17.3-inch screen. From a larger-than-average display capable of rendering deep detail, to a roomy chassis with extra cooling and component space, to a full-size keyboard for easier typing and game control, there are many practical reasons to shop for an extra-large laptop.
Who uses a 17-inch laptop?
So, is a full-size, big-screen laptop ideal for you? Lots of different people use them:
- Gamers who need the fastest processors and graphics but don't want to sacrifice mobility and want a big-screen experience for easier gameplay
- Photographers and video professionals whose detailed work requires large, high-performance displays – in a system portable enough to carry to remote locations
- Home and family users who value a big, high-resolution screen that everyone can use, whether it’s for video calling, watching movies, or playing games
- Business and home office users who want a full-featured desktop replacement PC that's still portable enough to take with them when needed
- Power users for whom big laptops allow space for the special cooling and other features needed for modern number crunching, CAD drawing, video editing, etc.
Of course, there are some compromises you'll have to accept if you want a big-screen laptop. It will be heavier than a typical, smaller model, and may not fit in the most common laptop carrying cases. It can cost more than other systems, especially if you pair the larger display with high-end processing and graphics, as found on many gaming models and workstation laptops. Battery life will be shorter than it would be with a smaller screen size, but like all laptops, you can extend unplugged time by adjusting the brightness and other settings.
Winner’s choice: Lenovo 17-inch gaming laptops
Lenovo builds big-screen laptops for all kinds of users. Our 17-inch laptop offerings include affordable home and family models, highly secure business systems, speedy gaming rigs and high-powered mobile workstations. Our most popular over-sized systems are our 17-inch gaming laptops like Lenovo Legion and IdeaPad – which you’ll see at both competitive gaming events and in-home game rooms around the world.
Gamers, in particular, appreciate the benefits of a laptop with a large frame and big display. Even with the extra weight, there are several oft-cited advantages of 17-inch laptops:
- Advanced features: While big-screen laptops are available at nearly every price point, the most prized models – including our best 17-inch gaming laptops -- use the extra space for superior cooling systems and advanced components (high-speed CPUs, graphics cards, fans, batteries, etc.).
- Superior visuals: From movies to games to number-crunching, everything’s better with a bigger display – especially if it’s got HD, UHD or 4K resolution. Plus, more people can watch at one time, which helps make these models popular with gamers, families, and managers/team leads.
- Easier usability: The big screen means less eye strain, while the larger keyboard helps reduce mis-hits – vital for gamers who use keyboard controls (or anyone who has to type a lot). Larger laptops also tend to have more connectivity ports, and a wider variety of them.
Ready to shop for a new 17-inch laptop?
Check the models listed on this page – many of them available in special deals for under $1000. You’re sure to find a big-screen system that suits your needs and budget.