ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6 (14") Laptop
ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6 (14") Laptop
Ultralight. Ultrapowerful. Ultra-no-brainer.
- Ultralight, and weighs less than 2.5 lbs.
- Up to 15 hours of battery life
- Legendary durability merged an elegant design
- Seamless responsiveness for ultimate mobile productivity
- RapidCharge technology
- Optional Global LTE-A connectivity and optional multi-touch screen
- Starting at:
"Best Business Laptop at CES 2018"
An IT admin's dream
The new ThinkPad X1 Carbon offers robust security features, including ThinkShutter, which covers the front-facing HD webcam, and match-on-chip fingerprint readers with anti-spoofing technology that helps safeguard company data while providing more secure authentication and log-in. In addition, the ThinkPad X1 Carbon can be connected to the new ThinkPad Pro Dock (optional) with its USB-C side mechanical docking station that spans a broad offering of 2018 ThinkPad devices, making it a great cost-saving docking solution. This simplified mechanical docking saves valuable time for employees who frequently work away from their desks during the day. What more could an IT administrator ask for?
Amp up your game
The new 8th generation Intel® Quad Core™ CPUs boost performance 35% over the previous generation. Memory is even faster too with LPDDR3. When you add in the LTE-A (optional)* card, which keeps your ThinkPad X1 Carbon connected around the globe, you can expect to be productive no matter where life takes you. Plus, if you opt for the IR camera, it includes Glance by Mirametrix®, which merges face-, eye-, and gaze-tracking, resulting in a more intuitive and productive interaction by automatically focusing the cursor and shifting windows with just a move of your eye!
*This product must be purchased with LTE configured and is not upgradeable.
Dazzle yourself & others!
The new design of the X1 Carbon will surely dazzle. The dark black, soft-touch cover and the sleek silver option both include color-coded hinges, and the 14” display options are bigger and more stunning than ever.
Choose the low-weight touch option with the FHD display. Or go with the dramatic Dolby® Vision™ high-dynamic-range [HDR] technology. As the first PC to include Dolby Vision, our new ThinkPad X1 laptops deliver increased brightness, expanded contrast, amazingly accurate colors, and refined detail. Either way, you get a super-bright display in a narrow-bezel design that's just 15.95 mm thin. And the best part? Minimal impact on battery life!
Audio so amazing you’ll think it's live
Speakers on the X1 Carbon deliver high-quality sound with Dolby Audio™ Premium, which energizes your entertainment with rich, powerful sound. It dynamically adjusts audio to deliver home theater quality in a virtual surround sound experience for all your entertainment. Boosted bass and enhanced volume turn it all up for sound that's loud and clear enough to share. And for times you need to plug in your headphones, enter a whole new world of sound with Dolby Atmos®, for an immersive experience that puts you inside the action.
Go from 0 to 80 in 60 minutes
The ThinkPad X1 Carbon delivers up to 15 hours of battery life. If you’re running low, the RapidCharge technology provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a 60-minute lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to 12 hours.
Make your voice heard!
With Cortana Premium, you can speak commands to your ThinkPad X1 Carbon from 4 meters / 13 feet. The integrated 360-degree far field microphones ensure your voice is heard across the room. Wake your device with a simple phrase. Quickly and easily find files and calendar events. Even put your system into Modern Standby mode, which improves battery performance. So go ahead and speak your mind and boost your productivity at the same time.
Enjoy a hands-free day
With Amazon Alexa on the new X1 Carbon you can play music, get news, control your smart home, or shop, just using your voice. Alexa is always getting smarter, delivering new capabilities to your device automatically. Using Alexa on the new X1 Carbon is simple and hands-free – just ask, and Alexa will respond instantly.
Learn more about Alexa for PC.
Prepare to be thunderstruck
The ThinkPad X1 Carbon includes Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3—the technology that brings lightning-fast data transfer, up to 40Gbs to USB-C. You can also connect a cable from your USB-C port to a Thunderbolt 3-enabled device, and get four times the data and twice the video bandwidth of any other port type, while also supplying power. So you get Thunderbolt, USB 3.0** data transfer, and DisplayPort all rolled into one.
Built to go on and on. And on.
Like all ThinkPads, the X1 Carbon is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure they run in extreme conditions. With a chassis constructed of four layers of reinforced carbon fiber and a magnesium alloy roll-cage for added strength, you’ll trust this laptop to handle whatever life throws your way.
Flick your finger for privacy
Minimize concerns about being watched or inadvertently turning on the webcam with the new ThinkShutter. This built-in sliding cover ensures front-facing camera privacy and security when you opt for the HD camera. It's easy to use and delivers strong protection.
The ThinkShutter is not available on configurations with the 720p and IR camera.
The new ThinkPad X1 Carbon integrates with the ThinkPad Pro Dock (sold separately), a whole new docking system that’s shared across most of the 2018 ThinkPad models. The new USB-C side mechanical dock easily connects with two male Type-C ports that snap into and automatically level your device. Once docked, your ThinkPad stays securely in place and sits at a slightly tilted angle for comfort.
Good thing it's drool-proof
Quickly log in with ease with Windows Hello using just the touch of your finger or the view of your face if you opt for the IR camera. What’s more, the fingerprint reader thwarts biometric hacking with anti-spoofing technology— the fingerprint image is saved inside the chip, so it’s not sent out for login authentication when you sign in. Your data is protected too, with the discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM), that encrypts your information. And if that’s not enough to make IT administrators love the new X1 Carbon, then the ThinkPad’s FIDO authentication capability is sure to have them drooling.
Fast Identity Online
—or FIDO—enables hardened authentication that wraps your access info in three layers of security. FIDO authentication to protect your online credentials when you sign in to websites like Facebook or Google, or make payments via PayPal. This global solution creates better security for online services, reduces costs for organizations, and is simpler and safer for users.
Lenovo Premier Support
Lenovo Premier Support provides direct access to skilled and experienced Lenovo technicians offering comprehensive hardware and software support. Our expert troubleshooters have the advanced technical knowhow and systems knowledge to quickly provide solutions and advice that will keep your hardware and software operating at optimal efficiency.
Learn more about Premier Support click here.
- Onshore advanced technical support , weekdays from 7am - 8pm (EST)
- Single point of contact for simplified end-to-end case management
- Next business day onsite labor and parts prioritization
- Reporting suite is available quarterly to measure and evaluate service levels and more
- Comprehensive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software and hardware support
- Dedicated Technical Account Managers for proactive relationship and escalation management
- Lenovo Solution Center with automated system error detection and support case creation
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen)
Description ThinkPad X1 Carbon Processor?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected. Up to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8650U with vPro™ (1.90GHz, up to 4.20GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache) Operating System
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620 Memory Up to 16 GB LPDDR3 2133 MHz (Onboard) Storage
- 256 GB Solid State Drive, PCIe-NVME OPAL2.0 M.2
- 512 GB Solid State Drive, PCIe-NVME OPAL2.0 M.2
- 1 TB Solid State Drive, PCIe-NVME OPAL2.0 M.2
- HD 720p with ThinkShutter and microphone
- Optional: IR camera - required for facial recognition. ThinkShutter is not available on configurations with the IR Camera.
- Integrated 3 cell Li-Ion 57Wh with RapidCharge technology
- Up to 15 hours*
- 14" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare, 300 nits
- 14" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare multi-touch, 300 nits
- 14" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-glare, 300 nits
- 14" HDR WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS glossy with Dolby Vision, 500 nits
Touch ScreenAvailable Audio Noise-cancelling dual-array far field microphones
- Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Dolby Atmos® for headphones
- Fast Identity Online (FIDO) authentication capabilities
- dTPM 2.0
- Match-on-chip touch fingerprint reader
- Windows Hello with facial recognition software (requires IR camera)
- Kensington® lock slot
- Black with color coded hinges
- Silver with color coded hinges
I/O (Input/Output) Ports
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1** (one Always On)
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2** Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt 3 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- Headphone / microphone combo jack
- MicroSD card reader
- Ethernet Extension Connector (Dongle for Native Ethernet sold separately)
- Intel® Dual-Band 8265 Wireless AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 4.1
- Intel® Dual-Band 8265 Wireless AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 4.1 with vPro™
WWAN Fibocom L850-GL 4G LTE-A cat 9 (optional) Dimensions (W x D x H) 12.73" x 8.54" x 0.62" / 323.5 x 217.1 x 15.95 (mm) Weight Starting at 2.49 lbs (1.13 kg) Keyboard
- Spill resistant
- English backlit
- Spanish backlit
What's in the box
- ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen)
- 65W Type-C Power Adapter
- Quick Start Guide
- 1 Year Depot Base Warranty: Protects internal hardware only and requires mail-in repair
** The actual transfer speed of the USB 3.1 [Gen 2] will vary and, depending on many factors, such as the processing capability of host and peripheral devices, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environments, will be slower than a speed of [10 Gbit/s].Show MoreLess
ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) Top Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
ModelsBUILD YOUR OWN
ThinkPad X1 Carbon (6th Gen) - Black