Designed for serious business
- Starting at:
Designed for serious business
Raises performance levels—and eyebrows
Far faster than its predecessor, the new 8th generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor delivers higher performance and is designed to take your productivity to new heights. Backed by the increased speed of DDR4 memory, the ThinkPad T480 gives you the power of a desktop PC and the freedom of a portable laptop.
Where form meets function
Based on ThinkPad customer feedback we understand that mechanical docking is important to many of our customers. The latest T-Series business laptop offers the same mechanical docking experience you prefer with a new USB-C side docking connector. It also has a range of convenient ports, including the lightning-quick Intel® Thunderbolt™ 3 port and full-sized RJ45 Ethernet connector. In addition, should you need to work in low-light conditions, the renowned ThinkPad keyboard has a backlit option.
Power up without powering down
The ThinkPad T480 comes standard with built-in Power Bridge technology. This innovation is the answer to 'low battery' warnings, especially if you are on the road or without a nearby power outlet. It allows you to swap out a battery and replace it with a fully charged one—without having to turn your machine off. You can also choose a 6-cell 72 Whr battery for up to 30.3 hours* between charges.
Get closer to the action
Configure your ThinkPad T480 with an optional touchscreen so you can interact more intuitively and easily with your work—and have more fun during your downtime.
Practical yet secure
Thanks to Windows Hello, an optional touch fingerprint reader, and optional IR (infrared) camera, you can save time by logging in with just your finger or a smile. Alternatively, the standard webcam camera comes with ThinkShutter, a physical cover that you can slide open when you want to use the camera and close it when you're finished.
* ThinkShutter is not available on configurations with the IR Camera.
Tested for battle, built for success
Every ThinkPad laptop undergoes stringent testing for reliability and durability, including surviving in hazardous physical and environmental conditions.
Two less things to worry about
For extra peace of mind, each ThinkPad T480 comes with a standard one-year worldwide warranty. This enables you to seek expert assistance and help in 160 countries across the globe.
Lenovo Premier Support
Lenovo Premier Support provides direct access to skilled and experienced Lenovo technicians offering comprehensive hardware and software support. Our expert troubleshooters have the advanced technical knowhow and systems knowledge to quickly provide solutions and advice that will keep your hardware and software operating at optimal efficiency.
Learn more about Premier Support click here.
- Onshore advanced technical support , weekdays from 7am - 8pm (EST)
- Single point of contact for simplified end-to-end case management
- Next business day onsite labor and parts prioritization
- Reporting suite is available quarterly to measure and evaluate service levels and more
- Comprehensive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) software and hardware support
- Dedicated Technical Account Managers for proactive relationship and escalation management
- Lenovo Solution Center with automated system error detection and support case creation
Ratings & Reviews
Ratings & ReviewsCustomer Reviews for ThinkPad T480
Description Lenovo ThinkPad T480 Processor?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected.
- Up to 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8650U Processor with vPro™ (1.90GHz, up to 4.20GHz with Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
- 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-7200U Processor (2.50GHz, up to 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost, 3MB Cache)
- Windows 10 Home
- Windows 10 Pro - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro
- Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 620
- Integrated Intel® HD Graphics 620
- NVIDIA® GeForce® MX150 2 GB
- Standard: 720p HD camera with ThinkShutter
- Optional: IR camera - required for facial recognition. ThinkShutter is not available on configurations with the IR Camera.
Memory?Memory, aka RAM, is used to store data temporarily as you are actively working on your laptop. It is not where your data is permanently stored. More memory can help your system run faster, especially if you have a lot of programs open at the same time. Up to 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz Storage?Storage is where data, like documents and applications, resides permanently on your computer. Not to be confused with memory, which is only active when the computer is in use. Larger files like media files will need larger storage.
- 500 GB 7200 RPM
- 16 GB Intel Optane Memory
- Up to 1 TB PCIe SSD OPAL2.0
- Dolby Audio Premium™
- Dual-array microphones
- Optional: Up to 30.3 hours with dual battery (24 + 72 Wh)*
- Standard: Up to 14.4 hours with dual battery (24 + 24 Wh)*
Display?The display is the screen. Higher resolutions displays allow you to fit more content on the screen at once. IPS displays offer better colour and wider viewing angles.
- 14.0" HD (1366 x 768) anti-glare
- 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare
- 14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS anti-glare multi-touch
- 14.0" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS anti-glare
Touch ScreenAvailable Dimensions (W x D x H) 13.25" x 9.15" x .078" / 336.6 x 232.5 x 19.95 (mm) Weight Starting at 3.6 lbs (1.63 kg) Color Black Security
- Fast Identity Online (FIDO) authentication
- Match-on-chip touch fingerprint reader (optional)
- IR camera (optional) for facial recognition
- ThinkShutter (only with 720p HD camera)
- dTPM 2.0
- Kensington® lock slot
WLAN?Wireless comes down to B, G, N or AC. The basics are B and G, G being faster than B with more range. AC is the fastest, but N has the furthest range and more frequency options. Intel® Dual Band 8265 Wireless-AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth® 4.1 with vPro™ WWAN Fibocom L850-GL 4G LTE-A cat 9
*This product must be purchased with LTE configured and is not upgradeable.
- 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (one Always On)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C / Intel Thunderbolt 3 (Power Delivery, DisplayPort, Data transfer)
- Headphone and microphone combo jack
- 4-in-1 SD card reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC)
- RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
- Optional Smart card reader
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
Please note that specifications may vary by region.
ThinkPad T480Top Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.