Last updated October 20, 2020
The Web Site may be accessed and used only by individuals who can form legally binding contracts under applicable laws, who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in their state or territory of residence (if higher than 18), and who are not barred from using the Web Site under applicable laws.
This Web Site may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which must be observed and followed. Information on this Web Site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Lenovo assumes no responsibility regarding the accuracy of the information that is provided by Lenovo and use of such information is at the recipient's own risk. Lenovo provides no assurances that any reported problems may be resolved with the use of any information that Lenovo provides. By furnishing information, Lenovo does not grant any licenses to any copyrights, patents or any other intellectual property rights.
Right to Modify the Web Site
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Web Site, in whole or in part, with or without notice to you. Information may be changed or updated without notice. Lenovo may also make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or the programs described in this information at any time without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party should we exercise our right to modify or discontinue the Web Site. If you object to any such changes, your sole recourse will be to cease access to the Web Site. Continued access to the Web Site following notice of any such changes will indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and satisfaction with the Web Site as so modified.
Lenovo will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) we obtain your permission to use your name; or (b) we first notify you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of this Web Site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law.
You represent and warrant that you will not post or share any content through the Web Site that in any manner:
- Infringes the copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property or proprietary right of others;
- Violates the privacy, publicity, or other rights of third parties; or
- Is discriminatory, defamatory, obscene, threatening, abusive, or hateful, as determined by use in our sole discretion; or is false or inaccurate.
There may be instances where we solicit your suggestions, ideas, innovations, feedback or opinion regarding various areas of our business, the Web Site, or our products or services (“Feedback”). If you choose to send us your Feedback (as we hope you do), please understand that in order for Lenovo to accept your input, you must agree that Lenovo has your permission on an unrestricted basis to use, disclose, and exploit any such Feedback you provide and that Lenovo has no obligation to compensate or acknowledge you in any way or to keep your Feedback confidential. By sending any Feedback to Lenovo you are indicating your agreement to these terms. If you do not agree with these terms, please do not submit any Feedback.
If you choose to create an account (“Account”), you represent and warrant to us that all information you provide to us is true, accurate, current and complete, and you agree to maintain and promptly update such information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If we believe or suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we may deny or terminate your access to the Web Site (or any portion thereof). When you set up an Account, you are required to select a Lenovo ID (which may be an email address) and a password. You may not transfer or share your user name and password with any third parties. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Account log-in information, including but not limited to taking steps to prevent unauthorized access by safeguarding your log-in information. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your Account and all activities that occur through your Account.
General Rules of Conduct
You agree not to, and represent and warrant that you will not, reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Web Site, or access to the Web Site for any purposes other than for your internal business purposes, or do any of the following:
- Conduct or promote any illegal activities while using the Web Site;
- Attempt to reverse engineer or jeopardize the correct functioning of the Web Site, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code of the software (including the tools, methods, processes, and infrastructure) that enables or underlies the Web Site;
- Create derivative works of the Web Site;
- Attempt to gain access to secured portions of the Web Site to which you do not possess access rights, or circumvent the user authentication or security of the Web Site or any host, network, or account related thereto;
- Upload or transmit any form of virus, worm, Trojan horse, or other malicious code;
- Use the Web Site to generate unsolicited email advertisements or spam; allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission of mass unsolicited, commercial advertising or solicitations via e-mail (spam);
- Use the Web Site to stalk, harass or harm another individual;
- Use any high volume automatic, electronic or manual process to access, search or harvest information from the Web Site (including without limitation robots, spiders or scripts);
- Interfere in any way with the proper functioning of the Web Site or interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks connected to the Web Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Web Site;
- Impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Frame the Web Site, place pop-up windows over its pages, or otherwise affect the display of its pages;
- Interfere with or disrupt the integrity or performance of the Web Site or the data contained therein; or
- Remove any proprietary notices or labels within the Web Site.
These community guidelines apply to all users of Lenovo’s online forums, blogs and other community features. As a participant in these features you agree that you will uphold and comply with these community guidelines, and are responsible for all activities and content you post/upload.
These communities have been created to provide a high quality atmosphere in which users of Lenovo products and services may share experiences and expertise. While employees and representatives from Lenovo may participate at intervals to engage in the discussions and offer advice and suggestions, our communities are not designed as a support channel. Our communities are an informal and public forum, and Lenovo does not guarantee the accuracy of information and advice posted in any community.
While participating in a community, you should not post any confidential or proprietary information. If you post any information, you represent that you are authorized to post such information and acknowledge that Lenovo is under no obligation to maintain such information as confidential. In addition, Lenovo shall be free to use such information for any purpose whatsoever, including any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques which may be disclosed therein, without any obligation to compensate you or acknowledge your submission.
Lenovo reserves the right, in its sole discretion and option, to remove inappropriate language and postings, such as those examples listed below, from our communities. In such instances, the user will be warned and may be banned from future participation, particularly in the event of repeat occurrences.
You agree to observe the following guidelines:
- -No posts, IDs or email addresses shall contain profanity (implied or otherwise), or hate language targeting race / ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality, or political beliefs. Post should avoid these topics.
- -Nudity or pornography in any form, including, in the form of written words, expressions, posted images, or links to external material will not be tolerated.
- -No personal threats or attacks will be tolerated against users, Lenovo employees, company affiliates, or any other individuals.
- -It is fair to state disagreement with facts or conclusions that another user has posted, but dissent must be expressed in an objective and reasoned manner. Treat others with the respect you wish to receive. Remember that the community is here to share collective experiences and wisdom, with the goal of all users enjoying greater success with their Lenovo products and services. Consider whether your comments serve to advance the discussion in a positive direction.
- -No trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion. Inflammatory post or thread titles are unacceptable and may be moderated. Inflammatory or unnecessarily argumentative postings will be considered trolling. Extended debate with moderators or admins over their decisions with regard to moderation of posts is considered trolling.
- -Do not subvert threads.
- -No vendetta posts or online campaigning.
- -It is acceptable to state concern for how a particular Lenovo policy, performance, or procedure does or does not meet the expectation of a particular member, but it is not acceptable to use our communities in an attempt to broadly organize or incite members to cancel orders, return systems, undertake legal action or otherwise disrupt the normal business processes of Lenovo.
- -No posting of private or confidential information.
- -No commercial solicitation, advertising, or promotional activities for your company or business, other than advertisements placed by Lenovo and any Lenovo-authorized third parties. These communities are for discussion purposes; not for promotion of your company or to solicit business. Posts or signatures with intent to promote or advertise are prohibited.
- -Our communities are not intended to serve as an online shopping or trading forum.
- -No solicitation for, nor exchange of information, that will aid or enable unethical, illegal, immoral or unsafe activities. For example, no posts concerning exchange of passwords, credit or banking information, or warranty entitlement information for purpose of re-entitling out of warranty products. No posts shall include instructions or directions intended to subvert security measures, including passwords, locking mechanisms, fingerprint scans, etc., or to subvert safety measures. Nor shall any posts provide descriptions to the location of, nor direct links to, content related to these topics.
- -Do not register under multiple IDs, or utilize multiple email addresses within the Lenovo communities. Posting under multiple IDs is considered a deceptive practice intended to create false impressions and is prohibited.
- -Do not embed large photos (above 100K) or cut and paste large areas; instead, host photos externally and link to them as needed within your posts.
- -Do not subvert or corrupt the software of any community or Web Site, or attempt to do so.
- -Any use of personal blogs/ websites/ pages/ affiliated websites/ resources are not permitted, except in Lenovo’s sole discretion. Links may be removed at Lenovo's sole discretion and option.
Information Lenovo publishes on the World Wide Web may contain references or cross references to Lenovo products, programs and services that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that Lenovo intends to announce such products, programs or services in your country. Consult your local Lenovo business contact for information regarding the products, programs and services which may be available to you.
Lenovo's obligations with respect to its products and services are governed solely by the agreements under which they are provided. If you obtain a product or service from Lenovo off this web site that is provided without an agreement, that product or service is provided "AS-IS" with no warranties whatsoever, express or implied, and your use of that product or service is at your own risk.
Business Relationships and Links to Third-Party Websites and Content
Content from other users and third parties may be made available to you through the Web Site (“Third Party Content”). Because we do not control Third Party Content, you agree that we are not responsible for any such content. We make no guarantees about the accuracy, currency, suitability or quality of the information in such Third Party Content, and we assume no responsibility for unintended, objectionable, inaccurate, misleading or unlawful Third Party Content made available by other users or third parties, or violation of any third party rights related to such content.
Links on the Lenovo Web Site to third-party web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you, and if you use these links, you will leave Lenovo’s Web Site. Lenovo makes no representations whatsoever about any other web site which you may access through this one. When you access a non-Lenovo web site, even one that may contain the Lenovo logo, please understand that it is independent from Lenovo, and that Lenovo has no control over the content on that web site. In addition, a link to a non-Lenovo web site does not mean that Lenovo endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such web site. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties
IN NO EVENT WILL LENOVO BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR ANY USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ON ANY OTHER HYPERLINKED WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF PROGRAMS OR OTHER DATA ON YOUR INFORMATION HANDLING SYSTEM OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF WE ARE EXPRESSLY ADVISED (OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN) OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. ALL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED BY LENOVO ON AN "AS IS" BASIS ONLY. LENOVO PROVIDES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, LENOVO MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR FREE OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE WEB SITE WILL BE CORRECTED. LENOVO MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEB SITE FROM US, OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, OR OTHER AFFILIATED COMPANIES OR SUPPLIERS (OR THE RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS OF ANY SUCH ENTITIES) SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE.
WE MAKE NO, AND DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL, PROMISES, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT UPLOADED BY YOU, OR AT YOUR REQUEST, TO THE WEB SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, QUIET ENJOYMENT, AND/OR DATA ACCURACY.
Duration of Access
You agree that we, in our sole discretion, may immediately terminate your access to the Web Site at any time, for any reason. YOU AGREE THAT WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE OR DELETION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
The communications between you and us use electronic means, whether through the Web Site or via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in a writing.
© Lenovo 2020