The End of Support (EOS) for the Microsoft Windows® XP operating system is causing critical challenges for businesses.
- Automatic delivery of free security patches to fix known vulnerabilities for Windows XP will not be available
- Research firm TechTarget has reported that it is likely that key security software vendors such as Symantec, McAfee, and Trend Micro will also cease or dramatically cut back their support for Windows XP
- A recent IDC study notes that Windows XP sees 27 percent more virus attacks per month per PC than those using Windows 7 and that the average number of help desk hours needed per year per PC for Windows XP are 4.8, compared to just 0.8 hours for a Windows 7 system while the average time to repair a malware attack is 3.7 hours for Windows XP and only 0.5 hours for Windows 7
This creates an urgent need for a rapid migration to a fully supported version of Windows. Download Migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7 in 20 Minutes to discover how to migrate painlessly.
You’ll learn how Lenovo’s In-Place Migration (IPM) can:
- Provide high-speed migration services without a technician or a desk-side visit
- Reduce the cost of the migration by 30 to 40 percent
- Ensure that the new software image on the system has all required security, management, and administrative tools
To get Migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7 in 20 Minutes, please complete the form to the right.