Lenovo Client Virtualization Solutions
Today’s IT staff are faced with ever-rising costs, increased complexity of maintaining remote client devices, a growing need to avoid security problems, and the need for flexibility and global availability of compute resources. Mobile workers require access to files, applications and other corporate resources from a variety of user devices, and they rely on IT to manage those resources and ensure data security. Remote and branch offices also need to know their desktops are properly managed, upgrades and patches are applied and data is backed up—without incurring the cost of deskside IT visits.
Lenovo client virtualization validated designs support a range of virtual desktop and virtual application scenarios using industry-proven Lenovo hardware combined with software from Citrix® and VMware®. These client virtualization validated designs are fully tested across applications, software, hardware, and services to help streamline IT administration and simplify the transition to a virtual desktop infrastructure. Benefits include:
- Simplified desktop administration, support, and management
- Enhanced security and compliance management and improved availability and reliability
- Flexibility for users to work anytime and anywhere regardless of device
- Support for growth initiatives including mobility and flexible work locations
Lenovo offers a complete end-to-end client virtualization solution from the desktop to the data center. At the desktop, Lenovo offers a wide range of PC, tablets, thin clients and smartphones for end user access. Lenovo streamlines device deployment and management, and simplifies the ability to rapidly deploy additional devices, scaling to thousands of connected devices.
In the data center, Lenovo offers an array of form factors to meet your client virtualization infrastructure needs, including a wide variety of the latest feature-rich ThinkSystem server, ThinkAgile hyperconverged and Flex System converged platforms. These systems provide a robust, secure, and easily managed virtualization infrastructure for network administrators. Lenovo resells the leading VDI applications, providing a single point of support for the entire solution, and offers a wide array of VDI assessment, design, installation and deployment solutions, ensuring a customized solution that meets your organization's needs.
Lenovo's winning end-to-end VDI solution for managed environments includes:
- Complete front-to-back solutions
- Variety of clients, hypervisors, servers, networking, and storage
- Range of form factors, price, performance, and density
- Support for accelerated graphics
- Lenovo Services
Lenovo Client Virtualization Validated Design for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
The key to a successful client virtualization deployment depends largely on matching the solution to your organization’s workload requirements. Running Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops (formerly XenApp and XenDesktop) on the industry’s most reliable servers and appliances from Lenovo helps reduce costs and gives you the flexibility to choose configurations. The Lenovo and Citrix validated designs offer an array of infrastructure choices for general-purpose workloads, accelerated graphics workloads, hyper-converged solutions and shared storage deployments.
Additionally, Lenovo has worked with Nutanix and Citrix to expand the ThinkAgile HX workload portfolio to support Nutanix InstantOn for Citrix Cloud, a tightly integrated hybrid cloud solution that simplifies and accelerates virtual application and desktop (VDI) deployments for companies of any size. In a client virtualization deployment employing this new capability, Virtual Apps and Desktops services are managed via the Citrix Cloud, while workloads run on the ThinkAgile HX cluster on the business premise where the data stays private and secure.
- Solution Brief: Lenovo Validated Designs for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Design Brief: Lenovo Validated Design for Citrix XenDesktop with VMware vSAN
- Design Brief: Lenovo Validated Design for Citrix XenDesktop – ThinkAgile HX
- Design Brief: Lenovo Validated Design for Citrix XenDesktop with Nutanix InstantOn
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Validated Design for Citrix XenDesktop with VMware vSAN
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Validated Design for Citrix XenDesktop – ThinkAgile HX
Lenovo Client Virtualization Validated Design for VMware Horizon
Running on the industry’s most reliable servers and appliances from Lenovo, VMware Horizon delivers multiple advantages for organizations implementing client virtualization, including choice of delivery with support for private cloud and cloud-hosted services, as well as comprehensive image management across any combination of virtual, physical and bring-your-own device. VMware’s closed-loop management and optimization for the software defined data center enables organizations to truly extend the power of virtualization from the data center to devices.
- Design Brief: Lenovo Validated Design for VMware Horizon with VMware vSAN
- Design Brief: Lenovo Validated Design for VMware Horizon – ThinkAgile HX
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Validated Design for VMware Horizon with VMware vSAN
- Reference Architecture: Lenovo Validated Design for VMware Horizon – ThinkAgile HX
Accelerated graphics with NVIDIA
Lenovo offers NVIDIA virtual GPU (vGPU) software to enable the delivery of graphics-rich virtual desktops and workstations accelerated by NVIDIA GPUs. NVIDIA vGPU software divides NVIDIA GPU resources so the GPU can be shared across multiple virtual machines running any application. NVIDIA virtual GPU software products include:
- NVIDIA GRID Virtual PC (GRID vPC) and NVIDIA GRID Virtual Applications (GRID vApps) – Today’s digital worker requires more graphics-intensive applications and operating systems to be productive. Windows 10 provides a rich, immersive experience and is the most graphically intensive operating system to date. NVIDIA GRID is designed to deliver Windows desktops and applications at full performance on any device, anywhere.
- Quadro Virtual Data Center Workstation (Quadro vDWS) – From industrial design to advanced special effects to complex scientific virtualization, Quadro vDWS allows users to access their professional graphics applications with full features and performance from any device, anywhere.