Description Specifications DM7100F DM5100F DM7000F DM5000F NAS Scale-out 12 High Availability pairs Maximum SSDs 5760 (576 NVMe + 5184 SAS) 576 NVMe 4608 1728 Maximum Raw Capacity: All Flash 88PB* / 78.15PiB* 8.84PB / 7.85PiB 70.5PB / 62.6PiB 24.1PB / 21.5PiB Effective Capacity (based on 3:1) 264PB / 234.45PiB 26.43PB / 23.47PiB 211.5PB / 187.84PiB 72.3PB / 64.2PiB Maximum Memory 3072GB 1536GB 3072GB 768GB SAN Scale-out 6 High Availability pairs Maximum SSDs 2880 (288 NVMe + 2592 SAS) 288 NVMe 2304 864 Maximum Raw Capacity 44PB / 39.08PiB 4.42PB / 3.92PiB 35.3PB / 31.3PiB 13.2PB / 11.7PiB Effective Capacity 132PB / 117.24PiB 17PB / 15.1PiB 105.9PB / 94PiB 39.6PB / 35.17PiB Maximum Memory 1536GB 768GB 1536GB 384GB Cluster Interconnect 2x 100GbE 4x 25GbE 4x 10GbE 4x 10GbE Per High Availability Array Specifications Active-Active Controller Maximum SSDs 480 (48 NVMe + 432 SAS) 48 NVMe 384 144 Maximum Raw Capacity: All-Flash 7.37PB / 6.55PiB 737.28TB / 670.29TiB 5.9PB / 5.2PiB 2.2PB / 1.9PiB Effective Capacity 22.11PB / 19.65PiB 2.11PB / 1.87PiB 17.7PB / 15.7PiB 6.6PB / 5.8PiB Controller Form Factor 4U chassis with two High Availability controllers 2U chassis with two High Availability controllers and 24 NVMe SSD slots 3U chassis with two High Availability controllers 2U chassis with two High Availability controllers and 24 SSD slots Memory 256GB 128GB 256GB 64GB NVRAM 32GB 16GB 16GB 8GB PCIe Expansion Slots (maximum) 10 4 4 Not applicable FC Target Ports (32Gb autoranging, maximum) 24 32 8 Not applicable FC Target Ports (16Gb autoranging, maximum) 8 Not applicable 24 8 40GbE Ports (maximum) Not applicable Not applicable 8 Not applicable 25GbE Ports 20 32 Not applicable Not applicable 10GbE Ports (maximum) 32 Not applicable 32 8 100GbE ports (40GbE autoranging) 12 8 Not applicable Not applicable 10GbE BASE-T Ports (1GbE autoranging) (maximum) 16 4 12 8 12Gb / 6Gb SAS Ports (maximum) 24 Not applicable 24 4 Cluster Interconnect 2x 100GbE 4x 25GbE 4x 10GbE 4x 10GbE Storage Networking Supported FC, iSCSI, NFS, pNFS, SMB, NVMe/FC FC, iSCSI, NFS, pNFS, SMB, NVMe/FC FC, iSCSI, NFS, pNFS, SMB, NVMe/FC FC, iSCSI, NFS, pNFS, SMB OS Version ONTAP 9.7 or later ONTAP 9.8 or later ONTAP 9.4 or later ONTAP 9.4 or later Shelves and Media DM240N, DM240S DM240N DM240S DM240S Host/Client OSes Supported Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMware ESXi DM Series ALL-Flash Software The ONTAP 9 software bundle includes a set of products that delivers leading data management, storage efficiency, data protection, high performance, and advanced capabilities such as instant cloning, data replication, application-aware backup and recovery, and data retention. For more details, visit the ONTAP datasheet.
* SAS+NVMe SSD scale out
Features and Benefits
Accelerate your data
Experience DM Series superior performance and reduce storage latency up to 50% with NVMe over FC. Protect your investment by increasing your storage speed through scale up and adding more controllers as your needs grow. DM Series are perfect for latency-sensitive workloads such as database, VDI, and virtualization.
With DM Series all-flash systems you will:
- Get up to 5M IOPS in one cluster
- Support 2x more workloads and cut application response times
- Future proof and accelerate your system with end-to-end NVMe capability
Optimize your data
Evolve with your performance, capacity, or cloud needs:
- Unified architecture to handle NAS and SAN workloads, one management interface, and 3:1 data optimization for TCO reduction.
- Seamless cloud tiering and replication enables a multi-cloud environment to streamline data protection, security, efficiency.
- Scale up and out with little effort; easily cluster any DM Series for agile growth.
- Seamless clustering eliminates data migrations; mix generations of storage controllers and move data from one controller to the other without any downtime.
Protect your data
Data security and peace of mind is a top objective for any organization. DM Series all-flash systems provide industry leading data security to:
- Safeguard your data from any unexpected disasters using onboard Asynchronous and Synchronous Replication.
- Provide hassle-free data protection with onboard data encryption software. Ensure your data is protected without you even have to think about it.
- Ensure business continuity with zero data loss in the case of unforeseen disaster with SnapMirror Business Continuity or MetroCluster.