Lenovo E1012 Direct Attached Storage
Powerful, Expandable, Affordable Performance Expansion Unit
- High-capacity, flexible direct attached storage (DAS) unit
- Supports high-performance SSDs and HDDs
- Supports secure self-encrypting drives (SEDS)
- Ruggedized components, NEBS-compliant
- Custom models
Storage E1012 DASคุณลักษณะ
- A simple, affordable, easy-to-deploy storage expansion solution.
- Use one E1012 as a stand-alone JBOD, or daisy chain up to 7 more per HBA. This provides access for up to 96 HDDs or SSDs using only one host SAS port.
- Up to 8 E1012 enclosures are supported per HBA.
- Each E1012 contains 12 hot-swap 3.5-inch bays, supporting HDDs and SSDs. This means a maximum of 96 drives/768TB supported per HBA
- Available drives include enterprise-class 10,000rpm SAS HDDs, high-capacity nearline (NL) 7,200rpm SAS HDDs, secure nearline SAS self-encrypting drives (SEDs), and read-intensive SAS SSDs.
- Standard models include dual SAS I/O modules. Each module includes two 6Gb SAS ports (IN and OUT)—four total per enclosure. Using only two ports enables an enclosure to be daisy-chained to the ones before and after it. Using all four ports enables high availability.
- Custom models are available with a single SAS I/O module, expandable to two.
- Integrates seamlessly with Lenovo ThinkServer and System x servers.
- An effective storage solution for workloads such as data backup, data caching, video surveillance, media streaming, email hosting, server virtualization, file management, and print serving.
- Ideal for cost-sensitive customers, space-constrained environments, current and future high-capacity needs, and server / storage virtualization. It reduces the burden on overutilised internal server storage, and offers extreme capacity for archive and cold storage solutions.
- Shares common parts with the E1024 DAS unit, as well as the Lenovo Storage S2200 and S3200 SAN storage units.
Flexible, High-Capacity DAS
The Lenovo Storage E1012 has the flexibility and capacity to handle many different types of workloads. You can start with one E1012 enclosure as a simple JBOD, and later daisy-chain up to 7 more on a single SAS port. This provides support for up to 96 hot-swap SAS drives per HBA port. With up to 8 total enclosures supported per HBA (using multiple ports), the E1012 supports a maximum of 96 drives. Supported drives include 10,000rpm and 7,200rpm HDDs, secure self-encrypting HDDs (SEDs), and SSDs for read-intensive workloads. The E1012 supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60, using a variety of RAID HBAs. A single daisy chain of E1012 units can contain a combination of HDDs and SSDs, with different speeds and capacities. Moreover, if 15,000rpm and 2.5-inch HDDs are required, E1024 expansion units may be included in the daisy chain.
The E1012 is optimised to provide great performance at an affordable price. High-capacity 3.5-inch NL drives offer up to 96TB of “cold” or archive storage in only 2U, and 768TB per HBA port in 16U. On the other hand, 10,000rpm 6Gbps SAS drives offer the speed needed for many performance-intensive workloads and SSDs provide the extreme throughput necessary for the most read-intensive jobs. The E1012 shares common parts with E1024 DAS enclosures, as well as Lenovo Storage S2200 and S3200 SAN storage units. This simplifies servicing and reduces spare parts on hand, helping to reduce costs further. You can also save money on file/storage servers, by deploying one server running virtualised environments with up to 768TB of DAS capacity, rather than using multiple servers with one JBOD apiece. In addition, custom models offer the choice of a single expansion module, to lower the entry cost, with optional upgrade capability.
Easy to Deploy and Highly Available
Designed with simplicity in mind, the E1012 offers easy daisy-chaining of additional enclosures—with failover capability. Simply cable-connect new units and they come online immediately (OS-dependent). Virtual machines can share these expansion chassis, as well. And because storage is useless when it’s offline, the E1012 uses ruggedised components that are designed for 99.999 percent availability, along with hot-swap drives, power supplies, fans, and I/O modules for both ease of use and maximum uptime.
Storage E1012 DASข้อมูลทางเทคนิค
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Single/Dual Expansion ModulesDual 6Gb SAS (standard); Single 6Gb SAS (via custom model), upgradeable to dual Supported Drives12 hot-swap SAS 3.5-inch drives: 600GB or 900GB 10,000rpm HDDs (2.5-inch drive in 3.5-inch bay); 2TB, 4TB, 6TB, or 8TB 7,200rpm NL HDDs; 4TB 7,200rpm NL SED HDDs; 400GB, 800GB, 1.2TB SSDs (2.5-inch drive in 3.5-inch bay) Storage Capacity (per E1012 enclosure—up to 8 enclosures supported per HBA port)Up to 10.8TB – 10,000rp HDDs; Up to 96TB – 7,200rpm NL HDDs; Up to 48TB – 7,200rpm NL HDDs (SED); Up to 14.4TB – SSDs Expandability (via Daisy-Chain)Up to 8 E1012 units per HBA port HBAs SupportedThinkServer 9280-8e (6Gb; LSI SAS 2108 chipset); ThinkServer 9286CV-8e (6Gb; LSI SAS 2208); ThinkServer 9286CV-8e 8-Port External (6Gb; LSI SAS 2208); ThinkServer 93008e (12Gb; LSI SAS 3108); ThinkServer PMC 8885e (12Gb; PM8063); ServeRAID M5120 (6Gb; LSI SAS 2208); ServeRAID M5225 (12Gb; LSI SAS 3108); N2125 (6Gb; LSI SAS 2308); N2225 (12Gb; LSI SAS 3008); N2226 (12Gb; LSI SAS 3008) RAID SupportRAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 (HBA-dependent) Power Supplies and FansTwo 436W hot-swap power supplies; two hot-swap system fan modules Back Panel ConnectorsEach expansion module (x2) includes: 1 SAS (SFF 8088) IN/INGRESS connector; 1 SAS (SFF 8088) OUT/EGRESS connector; 1 RJ11 serial (management) port Form Factor / Dimensions / Weight2U / Height: 87mm (3.4 in.); Width: 447mm (17.6 in.); Depth: 523mm (20.6 in.) / Weight: min. 16.8kg (37.0 lbs); max. 26.6kg (58.6lbs) Limited Warranty3-year Limited Warranty, 9x5 Next Business Day (upgradeable)
Specifications may vary depending upon region.
Storage E1012 DASStorage E1012 Resources
Lenovo ได้รับรางวัลในระดับนานาชาติกว่า 100 รางวัลสำหรับผลงานดีไซน์อันล้ำสมัยดูเหตุผลอื่นๆ