Does everything but make the coffee
- Starting at:
Does everything but make the coffee
Dazzle yourself & others
Choose dramatic Dolby Vision® high-dynamic-range (HDR) technology, available on the WQHD panel that boasts increased brightness, expanded contrast, amazingly accurate colors, and refined detail. Combine with discrete graphics and the T490 is perfect for working with multimedia. Or go with the FHD low-power option for enhanced battery life. No matter which display you choose, the T490 features a new bezel design with a larger display area.
Tested for battle, built for life
Like all ThinkPads, the T490 is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure they run in extreme conditions. From the Arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero gravity to spills and drops, you can trust this laptop to handle whatever life throws your way.
Go from 0 to 80 in 60
The T490 delivers up to 16.1 hours of battery life*. And if you’re running low, Rapid Charge technology provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a 60-minute lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to more than 12 hours. What more could you need for life on the go?
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014 on the low-power FHD display panel. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors. Note that Rapid Charge requires the 65W power adapter.
Whether you’re out in the world or working at your desk, the T490 keeps you connected. The optional LTE-A card keeps you up and running worldwide*. Or use the ThinkPad Pro Dock (sold separately), a USB-C side mechanical docking station that easily connects with two male Type-C ports that slide into and automatically level your device. Once docked, your ThinkPad stays securely in place and connects to all of your peripherals—and it’s shared across all newer ThinkPads.
* WWAN must be configured at time of purchase, as it’s not upgradeable.
We’ve got your back—and your front
Keep your business data—and your privacy—safe with the T490 laptop’s comprehensive suite of ThinkShield security features. Its discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) encrypts data and works in conjunction with Windows 10 security. ThinkShutter, a physical camera cover, blocks the lens to ensure that you’re only seen when you want to be. And the fingerprint reader uses biometrics to log you in with a simple touch.
For your eyes only
As part of ThinkShield security, we offer a combination of hardware and software that work together to ensure what’s on your display is for your eyes only. PrivacyGuard is an electronic privacy filter built into your system that decreases the angle of vision on your display, such that only your eyes, when facing head-on, can see content. All others see a darkened screen. PrivacyAlert* is an integrated software that works with the IR camera to ensure that if others look over your shoulder, then a popup notifies you of the potential threat.
*Requires the optional IR camera.
T490 Healthcare Edition
Designed for use within a healthcare environment, the ThinkPad T490 Healthcare Edition (HE) does practically everything but take the patient’s temperature! It’s engineered with an antimicrobial surface and includes a program that enables quick sanitizing without shutting down. Rigorous testing confirms that this device will easily withstand the 10,000 expected wipe-downs likely to occur during the course of its lifecycle.
Seamless security for healthcare professionals
A built-in RFID reader aligns computer access with facility access—certified by Imprivata® for compatibility with all major single sign-on providers. An FIPS 201-compliant fingerprint reader exceeds biometric security requirements for electronic prescriptions for controlled substances (EPCS), helping hospitals ensure a higher level of encryption and network security while simplifying workflow for clinicians.Show MoreLess
Description Specifications Operating SystemUp to Windows 10 Pro ProcessorUp to 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5/i7 vPro™ Display
* Not available with Healthcare Edition (HE).
- 14" HD TN antiglare (1920 x 1080, 250 nit)*
- 14" FHD IPS (1920 x 1080, 250 nit)
- 14" FHD IPS Touchscreen (1920 x 1080. 300 nit)
- 14" FHD IPS with PrivacyGuard (1920 x 1080, 400 nit)
- 14" FHD IPS Low Power (1920 x 1080, 400 nit)*
- 14" WQHD IPS with Dolby Vision® (2560 x 1440, 500 nit, Adobe 100% color gamut)*
MemoryUp to 48GB Storage
* Not available with Healthcare Edition.
- Up to 1TB PCIe SSD
- Optional: Intel® Optane Memory*
* Not available with Healthcare Edition.
- Intel UHD 620
- Optional: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250*
** Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
- Up to 16.1 hours** 50Wh
- Rapid Charge available with 65W AC
- HD 720p with ThinkShutter privacy cover
- Optional: Hybrid Infrared (IR) + HD with ThinkShutter
* Not available with Healthcare Edition.†NFC is standard on the Healthcare Edition.
- WWAN: Optional: Integrated Global Mobile Broadband LTE-A*
- WLAN: Intel® Dual-Band Wire-less 2 x 2 AC /WiFi 6 (AX)
- Bluetooth® 5.0
- Optional: NFC†
Security For T490:
- Fast Online Identity (FIDO) authentication capabilities
- dTPM 2.0
- Optional: Match-on-Chip touch fingerprint reader
- ThinkShutter, webcam privacy cover
- Optional: PrivacyGuard
- Optional: PrivacyAlert
- Kensington lock slot
For T490 HE:
FIPS-201 Fingerprint Reader
Optional: IR camera with Windows Hello
ThinkShutter camera cover
Kensington lock slot
- Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Dual far-field microphones
- FHD IPS / touchscreen & non-touch: 3.41lb / 1.55kg
- FHD low power: 3.23lb / 1.46kg
- FHD with PrivacyGuard: 3.67lb / 1.67kg
- WQHD: 3.23lb / 1.46kg
Dimensions (W x D x H)329mm x 227mm x 18.9mm / 12.95” x 8.94” x 0.74” Keyboard
†Available only on Healthcare Edition.
- Spill resistant
- Bottom-load backlight with white LED lighting
- Lenovo Quick Clean† (App that disengages keyboard / touchpad for up to 90 seconds)
* Not available on Healthcare Edition.
- 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 2 x USB-C (1 Thunderbolt™ 3)
- MicroSD card reader
- Smart card reader
- Micro-SIM slot*
- Headphone / mic combo
- HDMI 1.4
ColorBlack AC Adapter
- 65W (required for Rapid Charge)
Docking stations sold separately.Specifications may vary depending upon region.
- ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock Gen 2
- ThinkPad Basic/Pro/Ultra Dock
- 1. USB-C AC power
- 2. USB-C Thunderbolt 3
- 3. USB-C
- 4. USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 5. HDMI 1.4
- 6. Headphone / mic combo
- 7. MicroSD card reader
- 8. Smart card reader
- 9. USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 10. RJ45
- 11. Kensington lock slot
- 12. Micro-SIM slot
ThinkPad T490Top Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Models10% OFF + Bundle Savings
ThinkPad T490Customize Your Own
Lenovo offers a comprehensive portfolio of services to support and protect your ThinkPad investment—so you can focus on your business, not your IT.
Bypass phone menus and scripted troubleshooting to access advanced-level technicians with the expertise needed to quickly diagnose and solve problems.
Accidental Damage Protection (ADP)
Protect your investment from operational or structural damage caused by common accidents like drops, spills, or electrical surges. This fixed-cost, fixed-term protection plan minimizes unexpected repairs for predictable budgeting and provides significant savings relative to the cost of non-covered repairs.
Get a fixed-term, fixed-price service solution to match the lifecycle of your device and fit within your budget. Choose from a range of solutions, including next business day on-site, 9x5x4, and 24x7 response time windows. Purchasing an extension at the time of a system purchase saves 15-30% over the price of purchasing it post-warranty.