System x3250 M5 Rack Server
System x3250 M5 Rack Server
Most Compact System x Rack Server
- Ground-breaking HDD density in 1U server
- Flexible, swappable storage options
- High-performance I/O slots (PCIe)
- Latest processors & large memory capacity
- Power-efficient design saves energy costs
Most compact. Room to expand.
- Enhanced performance advantages in a space-saving form factor
- Improved flexibility for faster, simpler expansion as you need it
- Entry-level server needs with proven reliability, manageability and value
- Groundbreaking system storage density in a 1U entry-level server
- Innovative technology with the latest processors and large memory capacity, in a compact 1U footprint
- Power-efficient and 80 PLUS®-compliant design to help save energy costs
- Affordable price point and total cost of ownership
The System x3250 M5 is the most compact rack server in the System x portfolio. Designed in a single-socket 1U form factor, it supports double the system storage density of its predecessor in the same 22-inch deep chassis—four 3.5-inch hard disk drives (HDDs) or up to eight 2.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs.† Choose the latest Intel® processor that best matches your workloads, whether Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 v3 series, Core i3, or Pentium®, including Xeon® Data Center Graphics processors.
† Model dependent.Show MoreLess
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Form Factor/HeightRack/1U ProcessorUp to one Intel® Xeon® E3-1200 processor v3 series (quad-core), Core™ i3 series processor (quad-core), or Pentium® series processor (dual-core) Cache/MemoryUp to 8 MB per processor/Up to 32 GB via 4 slots (UDIMM) Media BaysOne optional optical bay for 2.5-inch model Disk BaysUp to 4 3.5-inch or 8 2.5-inch HDDs RAID SupportIntegrated ServeRAID C100 RAID-0, -1, (RAID-5 upgrade via Feature on Demand (FoD)), optional hardware RAID-0, -1, -10 or RAID-5, -50 or RAID-6, -60 Power Supply1 fixed 300 W or up to 2 460 W hot-swap redundant Hot-Swap ComponentsUp to 4 3.5-inch or 8 2.5-inch HDDs, 460 W hot-swap redundant Network Interface2 Gbps Ethernet ports standard, 2 additional Gbps Ethernet ports upgradeable via FoD Expansion Slots1 PCIe 3.0 x8 slot and 1 PCIe 3.0 x8 (electrical x4) slot USB Ports2 USB 3.0 front/4 USB 2.0 rear/1 USB 2.0 internal Internal StorageUp to 24 TB Energy EfficiencyFixed power supply compliant with 80 PLUS® Bronze/ redundant power supply compliant with 80 PLUS Gold Systems ManagementIntegrated Management Module 2 (IMM2) standard with IPMI 2.0 and Serial over LAN, optional upgrade to remote presence via FoD, ServerGuide Operating Systems SupportedMicrosoft Windows Server 2012 R2/ Microsoft Windows Server 2012/Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, Red Hat Linux, Novell SUSE Linux, VMware Warranty3-year customer replaceable unit and on-site limited warranty, next business day 9x5, service upgrades available
- Specifications may vary depending upon region.