THE 15" BUSINESS STANDARD
- Exceptional security, manageability, and durability
- All-day battery life
- Stunning visuals
THE 15" BUSINESS STANDARD
Ready for Business
With all of the connections ports businesses require, plus the newest Intel® Core™ i Series processors in a sleek, lightweight, and durable package, this laptop is built for business and ready to deploy. Also, two DIMM slots and three USB 3.0 ports make it ready for all enterprise needs.
Power Bridge Technology
Combining an internal battery with an external hot-swappable battery, Power Bridge provides flexibility and maximum battery life. Swap batteries without powering down your laptop, using an extra travel battery to increase your time between charges to 24 hours.
Whisper-Quiet Fan Operation
By incorporating different attack angles on adjacent blades, our fan reduces discrete tone noise without impacting cooling performance, for a quieter working environment.
Available with fingerprint reader, this laptop lets you use biometrics for login, so the swipe of your finger becomes your password. Intel® security features and vPro options step up protection and enhance manageability when deploying upgrades. And a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) chip further encrypts your critical information.
Full-sized and spill-resistant, the legendary ThinkPad ergonomic keyboard is renowned for its full array of keys, excellent feel, and TrackPoint® pointing device. And it's optimised for Windows 8 and later versions with convenient multimedia buttons, LED status indicators, Function-lock capability, and immediate access to view apps. Plus, the next-generation clickpad is spacious and includes buttons, meeting the needs of all users. Optional backlight makes working in dark environments effortless.
Up to 15.5” 300-nit 3K IPS Display with Touch Capability
Configure your T550 with 3K (2880 x 1620 resolution) LCD display with In-Plane Switching (IPS), and enjoy a premium visual experience. IPS technology allows for vivid colors and nearly 180-degree viewing angles. Add a touch panel for enhanced navigation and impeccable response time.
Optional WWAN for 3G/4G connectivity
For true mobility, configure your laptop with WWAN connectivity so you can access 3G or 4G networks provided by a third-party cellular phone service company.
Tested to Military Specifications
Military-specification testing validates the ruggedness, durability, and quality of this laptop by testing against 11 parameters: high pressure, humidity, vibration, high temperature, temperature shock, low pressure (15,000 ft), low temperature, solar radiation, fungus, salt fog, and dust.
Many customers still require a VGA port for projector connections in conference rooms, and native VGA means no dongles for them to buy/lose/replace.
Fast Data Transfer
Move data between your laptop and other devices quickly with USB 3.0 — it's up to 10 times faster than previous USB technologies and backward-compatible with USB 2.0.
Dual Speakers with Dolby® Home Theater® and Advanced Audio™
Increased audio clarity and maximised volume output without distortion — enjoy a crisp, clear immersive surround sound experience over dual speakers with the latest Dolby® audio enhancement.
Integrated 720p HD Webcam
Crystal clear video, face tracking and keystroke noise suppression technology will help you web conference or chat like you're really there. Dual digital array microphones ensure a premium audio experience.
Ask An Owner
ThinkPad T550Ask An Owner
DESCRIPTION THINKPAD T550 BUSINESS LAPTOP Processor
- 5th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-5200U Processor (3M Cache, 2.2GHz), Turbo Boost 2.0 (2.7GHz)
- 5th Gen Intel Core i5-5300U Processor (3M Cache, 2.3GHz), Turbo Boost 2.0 (2.9GHz), Intel vPro™ Technology
- 5th Gen Intel Core i7-5600U Processor (4M Cache, 2.6GHz), Turbo Boost 2.0 (3.2GHz), Intel vPro Technology
- Windows 8.1 64-bit
- Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- Windows 7 Professional 64-bit preinstalled through downgrade rights in Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
- 15.6" HD (1366x768), anti-glare, 200 nits, 350:1 contrast ratio
- 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), anti-glare, 300 nits, 400:1 contrast ratio
- 15.5" 3K (2880x1620), anti-glare, 350 nits, 1000:1 contrast ratio, IPS
- 15.5" 3K (2880x1620), 315 nits, IPS, multitouch screen supports 10-finger gesture
GraphicsIntel HD Graphics 5500 Memory16GB max, PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3L, non-parity, dual-channel capable, 2 x 204-pin SO-DIMM sockets WebcamIntegrated 720p HD Camera Storage
- 500GB 7200 RPM
- 1TB 5400 RPM
- 128/512GB SSD SATA3
- 180/256GB SSD SATA3 OPAL2
- 500GB 5400 RPM SSHD, integrated 8GB NAND flash
- Models with HDD storage includes single-sided 16GB M.2 SSD, via M.2 card slot
Optical driveNone Dimensions (W x D x H)
- Non-touch: 380.6 x 258.2 x 22.45 mm
- Multi-touch: 380.6 x 258.2 x 23.30 mm
- Non-touch, 3-cell + 3-cell: 2.13 kg
- Non-touch, 3-cell + 6-cell: 2.29 kg
- Multi-touch, 3-cell + 3-cell: 2.27 kg
- Multi-touch, 3-cell + 6-cell: 2.43 kg
Case colourGraphite Black Case material (display cover)
- Non-touch: Glass-fibre reinforced plastic
- Multi-touch: Carbon-fibre reinforced plastic
Case material (bottom)Glass-fibre reinforced plastic Battery3-cell Li-Ion (44Wh) internal battery with hot-swappable 3-cell (23Wh) or 6-cell (72Wh) rear battery Battery life1
- 3-cell + 3-cell: 14.8 hours (MobileMark2012)
- 3-cell + 6-cell: 25.2 hours (MobileMark2012)
- Standard Keyboard
- Backlit Keyboard
UltraNav™TrackPoint® pointing device and buttonless Mylar surface touchpad, multi-touch Fingerprint readerOptional: Fingerprint reader on the palm rest, swipe sensor Audio supportHD Audio, Realtek® ALC3232 codec / stereo speakers, dual array microphone, combo audio/mic jack Ethernet
- Non-vPro: Intel Ethernet Connection I218-V (Clarkville)
- vPro: Intel Ethernet Connection I218-LM (Clarkville)
Wireless LANIntel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (2x2, 802.11ac/a/b/g/n) with Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless WAN (optional)
- Ericsson® N5321 (HSPA+ 21Mbps) , M.2 card
- Sierra Wireless EM7345 (4G LTE/HSPA) , M.2 card
Sim cardNone NFCNone Ports
- 3 x USB 3.0 (one AlwaysOn)
- Combo audio/microphone jack
- Ethernet (RJ45)
- 4-in-1 card reader (MMC, SD, SDHC, SDXC)
- Smart Card Reader (optional)
- Dock connector
- Mini DisplayPort
Specifications and availability may differ from that promoted or available from Lenovo resellers from time to time.
- 1 Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors including screen brightness, applications, features, power management, battery conditioning and other customer preferences.
Accessories & Services
ThinkPad T550Accessories & Services
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.