|Description||Lenovo ThinkPad P51s|
?The processor runs the operating system and all applications. The faster the processor, the faster your programs run, but battery life can be affected.
- 7th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-7500U Processor (4M Cache, 2.7GHz, max. 3.5GHz)
- 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7600U Processor (4M Cache, 2.8GHz, max. 3.9GHz), vPro
- Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Lenovo recommends Windows 10 Pro.
?The display is the screen. Higher resolutions displays allow you to fit more content on the screen at once. IPS displays offer better colour and wider viewing angles.
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080), anti-glare, IPS, 250 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio
- 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080), anti-glare, IPS, 250 nits, 700:1 contrast ratio, with on-cell touch
Intel HD Graphics in processor and NVIDIA® Quadro® M520M, 2GB GDDR5 memory
?Memory, aka RAM, is used to store data temporarily as you are actively working on your laptop. It is not where your data is permanently stored. More memory can help your system run faster, especially if you have a lot of programs open at the same time.
Up to 32GB / DDR4 2400MHz1, dual-channel capable, 2 x SO-DIMM sockets
?Storage is where data, like documents and applications, resides permanently on your computer. Not to be confused with memory, which is only active when the computer is in use. Larger files like media files will need larger storage.
SSD / PCIe NVMe, 8Gb/s, OPAL 2: 256GB / 512GB / 1TB
|Dimensions (W x D x H)|
365.8 x 252.8 x 19.95 - 20.22 mm
- Discrete non-touch:
- With 4 + 3-cell: starting at 1.99 kg
- With 4 + 6-cell: starting at 2.18 kg
- Discrete multi-touch:
- With 4 + 3-cell: starting at 2.01 kg
- With 4 + 6-cell: starting at 2.20 kg
Integrated 4-cell (32 Wh)
3-cell (24 Wh) or 6-cell (72 Wh)
- 4 + 3-cell: up to 13.5 hours
- 4 + 6-cell (72 Wh): up to 26.4 hours
- 6-row, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, numeric keypad, optional backlight
Swipe style fingerprint reader on the palm rest (optional)
HD Audio, Realtek® ALC3268 codec / stereo speakers, 2W x 2 / dual array microphone, combo audio/microphone jack
Intel Ethernet connection
?WiFi or Wireless comes down to B, G, N or AC. The basics are B and G, G being faster than B with more range. AC is the fastest, but N has the furthest range and more frequency options.
Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265, 2x2, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth® 4.14, M.2 Card
|Wireless WAN||Optional: Integrated global mobile broadband 4G LTE-A (Sierra Wireless EM7455)|
- 3 x USB 3.0 (1 x AlwaysOn)
- 1 x USB-C/Thunderbolt
- Ethernet (RJ45)
- Combo audio/mic
- CS13 Docking
- Media card reader (SD 3.0 UHS-I)
- Smart Card Reader (optional)