NeXtScale System M5
NeXtScale System M5
Achieve Scale & Lower Operating Costs
Lenovo NeXtScale System M5 is a dense platform for high performance computing:
- Single platform for all workload requirements
- Simple architecture that easily scales up or out
- Flexible, mix-and-match configurations
- Enhanced density, no performance sacrifice
- Scalable system to maximize IT investment
Achieve Scale & Lower Operating Costs
- Achieve scale while lowering your operating expense and raising your performance.
- Flexible architecture means single platform for all your workload requirements whether you need dense compute, dense storage, or extreme acceleration via GPUs or co-processors.
- Simple architecture for the data center.
- Scale system to grow along with data center needs in order to protect and maximize IT investments
- Create flexible, mix-and-match configurations of servers, enclosures, and networking switches that integrate easily into standard 19-inch racks
- Significantly enhance density while helping to lower power and cooling costs—without sacrificing performance
Scale, Flexible, Simple
The Lenovo NeXtScale System addresses the increasing data and computing challenges of the data center by delivering dense performance across a variety of functions—from compute, I/O, storage, and acceleration—in more cost- and energy-efficient ways than ever before. NeXtScale now provides even greater performance, efficiency, and flexibility for the data center, and enables the broadest selection of server functions for a variety of workloads.
Included as a key part of the Lenovo System x family, the space-saving NeXtScale System comprises powerful compute, storage, and acceleration nodes in an energy-efficient, low-cost 12-bay enclosure.
NeXtScale nx360 M5 Compute Node
- Powerful Intel® Xeon® processors E5-2600 v4 series (up to 22 cores), enable as much as 528 cores per 6U enclosure to deliver maximum performance at extreme density.
- 16 DIMM slots support up to 2400MHz DDR4 memory, enabling up to 1TB per node using 64GB DIMMs. Choice of front PCIe slot, or two front hot-swap 2.5-inch hard disk drives. Two rear 2.5-inch HDDs are also supported as standard.
- A dedicated rear onboard RAID slot allows for greater PCI configuration flexibility.
- New x16 ML2 slots support InfiniBand and Ethernet adapters for increased I/O flexibility.
Storage Native Expansion (NeX) Tray
This 1U tall, 1/2 wide PCIe tray allows you to attach additional storage including 7 x 3.5-inch HDDs. It easily attaches to the nx360 M5 compute node.
PCIe Native Expansion (NeX) Tray
This 1U tall, 1/2 wide PCIe tray allows you to attach additional PCIe adapters, such as graphics processing units (GPU) and Intel Xeon Phi Coprocessors. It easily attaches to the nx360 M5 compute node.
2U GPU/Storage Expansion (NeX) Tray2
This 2U tall, 1/2 wide GPU/storage tray allows you to attach an additional four graphics processing units (GPU) (up to 300W each) and Intel® Xeon® Phi Coprocessors. It also includes one HDD cage supporting 4 x2.5-inch front hot-swap HDDs.
The Lenovo NeXtScale n1200 Enclosure is an efficient, 6U, 12-bay enclosure for ultra-dense solutions. No chassis-level management is required, and the networking capabilities are on the individual compute nodes. Designed to provide shared, high-efficiency power and cooling for housed servers, the n1200 enclosure scales with your business needs. Adding compute, storage, or acceleration capability is as simple as adding specific nodes to the enclosure, without any contention for resources. With up to 84 compute servers per rack, the n1200 doubles the density of typical racks.Show MoreLess
DESCRIPTION SPECIFICATIONS Form Factor/HeightHalf-wide 1U ProcessorTwo Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 v4 series (4-core to 22-core) Memory16 DDR4 LP, up to 2400MHz, 1TB maximum with 64GB LP LRDIMM Chassis SupportNeXtScale n1200 Enclosure Local StorageOne 3.5-inch HDD, two 2.5-inch HDDs/SSDs (simple swap), or four 1.8-inch SSDs. Optional two front hot-swap 2.5-inch HDDs Internal RAIDOnboard SATA controller with RAID options PCIe RAIDServeRAID M1200 series adapter USB PortsOne internal USB key EthernetTwo built-in 1 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports standard Input/OutputTwo ML2 ports for InfiniBand FDR or 10GbE, two 10GbE one PCIe (x16 PCI Express 3.0) Storage Native Expansion (NeX) Tray7 x 3.5-inch SAS/SATA HDDs PCIe Native Expansion (NeX) Tray2 x16 Full Height Full Length and 1 Half Length x8 2U GPU/Storage Native Expansion (NeX) Tray4 x16 Full Height Full Length PCIe with additional 4 drive enclosure supporting 4 x 2.5-inch front hot-swap HDDs Power ManagementRack-level power capping and management via Extreme Cloud Administration Toolkit (xCAT) Systems Management1x shared port with 1GbE per 1/2 wide server Operating Systems SupportedSUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Limited Warranty3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, next business day 9x5, service upgrades available Specifications - NeXtScale n1200 Enclosure Form Factor6U NeXtScale, standard rack Bays12 half-wide bays Power SupplySix hot-swappable, non-redundant, N+N or N+1 redundant 80 PLUS® Platinum, high energy efficiency, 900W, and 1300W, & 1500W. 1300W Titanium Fans10 hot-swappable ControllerOne fan and power controller CacheLast Level Cache (LLC) 2.5MB per processing core. 4 core = 10MB LLC; 8 core = 20MB LLC; 18 core = 45MB LLC; 22 cores = 55MB LLC Power ManagementRack-level power capping and management via Extreme Cloud Administration Toolkit (xCAT) Systems ManagementIntegrated Management Module 2 (IMM2.1) with dedicated management port, IPMI 2.0 compliant, Platform LSF and Platform HPC Operating Systems SupportedMicrosoft Windows Server, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) Limited Warranty3-year customer replaceable unit and onsite limited warranty, next business day 9x5, service upgrades available
Specifications may vary depending upon region.Show MoreLess
NeXtScale System M5 Resources