- Management Simplicity—Integrated system fabric managed by the primary device
- Component Optimization—95 percent reduction in the number of networking devices required to manage a nine-chassis, three-rack configuration
- High Availability—Zero downtime; no maintenance window required for software upgrades
- Simple Configuration—Configure fabric once, quickly add additional chassis’ to the point of delivery (POD)
- “Pay-as-you-grow” Scalability—Ability to grow the POD supporting up to 126 compute nodes
Data centers are changing as the demands for data, storage and network connectivity grow. This growth is driven by cloud deployments, media applications, mobile connections, storage growth, and greater network bandwidth demands. These new data centers need the ability to increase bandwidth and bring up new services quickly to meet the demands of their clients without the complexity associated with traditional network architectures.
Lenovo Flex System Interconnect Fabric is designed to meet client needs by providing a simple Ethernet fabric cluster that accelerates deployment, simplifies management, supports dynamic scalability, and increases reliability, availability and security in medium-to-large POD deployments.