Lenovo’s best desktop computers for photo editing
Today, we can edit photos on our smartphones and tablets without much of a hassle. However, many photographers still prefer a PC for photo editing because desktops bring a level of power and control you just can’t match on the smaller devices– even laptops struggle to compete. Lenovo offers the best photo editing for pc.
And if you want to reach a professional level of skill and quality, you’re going to need to find the best computer for editing photos so you can have access to the same tools and programs as Photoshop.
Advantages of a good computer for photo editing
Going with a good photo editing computer from Lenovo comes with several benefits that will take you further than throwing on a few fancy filters, Photoshopping out a pimple or two, and calling it a day.
When photographers use a computer, photo editing and enhancements are easier to apply and render. And even though laptops are more than capable of running photo editing software and offer portability, many photographers still pick a desktop as their preferred machine.
Desktops are more powerful, meaning you’ll spend less time rendering photos once all your layers have been applied. They also have a larger screen, which should be obvious why that’s a plus for photo editing. To put it simply, the bigger display will help you fully visualize the image versus squinting on the smaller laptop screen and the even tinier phone display.
Here are some additional benefits that come with buying the best photo editing computer from Lenovo:
- Multi-purpose machine: Of course, you don’t have to use it solely as a photo editing PC (unless you want to). Kill two birds with one stone and use it as your school or work computer as well.
- Many styles and designs to choose from: From budget-friendly models that don’t compromise on performance to high-end, premium computers that can handle all your photo editing needs and then some more. We’ll discuss some of your options in the next section.
A wide selection of Lenovo models that make the best photo editing computers
We understand everyone has different tastes, needs, and budgets. That’s why we offer a wide variety of high-quality computers that could be considered the best computers for photo editing.
At Lenovo, we’re committed to making sure every person who shops with us finds their perfect PC match. That’s why we’ve put together this page that has a curated list of all hand-picked models we feel are awesome computers for photo editing. Let’s explore some of our favorites here so you can learn a little more about what each model has in store for you (depending on the country and what’s in stock, availability could vary):
- ThinkCentre: One of our flagship models, ThinkCentre is known for bringing superior performance, durability, and versatility. Not only are they phenomenal machines for business but they are powerful enough to be the best computer for photo and video editing. They also come in a variety of styles and form factors, so you’ll surely find one that’s perfect for you.
- ThinkStation: Designed to handle the most intensive, resource-heavy tasks in business and other technical fields such as data science, ThinkStation is a force to reckon with. They’re more than capable of running the top photo editing programs available on desktop: Photoshop included. Another great choice if you want to do other tasks as well, such as video editing, software development, or video gaming.
- IdeaCentre: The chameleon of the group, choose from three different form factors. The IdeaCentre AIO is a high-end beastly machine that packs it all in a sleek, space-saving compact design. On the other end of the spectrum, the IdeaCentre Tower series makes one of the best computer for photo editing on a budget. Finally, if you need something you could easily carry in one hand, then try out the IdeaCentre Mini-series.
- Legion: If you’re a gamer, then you’re probably already familiar with our flagship gaming PC. These PCs pack a heck of a punch and will make easy work out of whatever photo editing task you throw at it. Similar to the ThinkStation, these also make perfect dual-purpose computers.
- Yoga AIO: As flexible as its name suggests, these all-in-one PCs are monsters in their own right for normal featuring touchscreen monitors, powerful CPU/GPU combos, and more. Put all that together and you have a beast desktop computer for photo editing or best edit photos on computer.
Whatever choice you make, you’ll have an amazing desktop for photo editing or desktop photoshop. Want to learn more about our different models? Check out our FAQ.
Picking out the best computer for photo editing
With so many choices out there, it can be daunting trying to figure out what makes the best PCs for photographers and photo editing. It’s an investment that’s supposed to last you a long time and fulfill the job you want it to do. That’s why you must find the perfect PC that’s a fit for you the first time. Luckily, if you're purchasing a gaming PC or a workstation, then it will likely have good computer specs for photo editing.
However, you still need to understand what it is you are looking at and why it matters for what you’re trying to do. In this section, we’ll take a look at those critical components and features that determine if a PC is “good” or “bad.” That way, you’ll know what makes the best PC build for photo editing or the best computer photo editing.
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): If you know anything about computers, then you’ve probably heard that the CPU is the “brain” of the PC. That’s because it’s responsible for taking in information from the user and other processes and giving out orders to the rest of the machine. If you’re serious about editing and want to excel at desktop photography, then you’ll want to pay close attention to the CPU.
You have two brands to choose from Intel and AMD. Hands down, AMD has been running the processor market for a few years now. But Intel still makes a quality product and is found in many PCs around the world.
Typically, you can tell how powerful a CPU is by the number of cores it has– e.g. a Quad-core processor will demonstrably be better than a Dual-core processor.
- Random Access Memory (RAM): As the name implies, the RAM is how the PC “remembers” what it’s doing. It holds the calculations and information for the CPU so it can retrieve and move data as needed. If you want the best desktop computer for photo editing or the best computer monitor for photo editing, then get as much RAM as you can. It’s extremely important having enough RAM on your PC for Photoshop or PC Photoshop to work properly. The minimum requirement is only 8GB. However, if you double that and get at least 16 GB of RAM, you’ll run into little to no issues when editing photos with as many layers, enhancements, filters, and other edits as you like.
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): The GPU is similar to the CPU in that they both work to crunch complex algorithms and return something on the screen we can recognize. However, the GPU focuses solely on graphics and visuals. That’s why the best desktop for Photoshop will also have a decent GPU as well so that the photos render in real-time and you don’t have to waste time waiting for them to finish. Similar to CPUs (again), two names reign supreme over the GPU industry.
They are Nvidia and AMD. However, unlike with CPUs, AMD doesn’t have such a clear lead and the GeForce constantly ranks as the best GPU for gaming. But that doesn’t mean AMD makes bad GPUs. When paired with their CPU, there’s unrivaled synergy between the two, unlocking the full potential of both components.
- Hard Drive: Although they aren’t as hefty as videos, pictures (especially heavily edited ones) can start to eat in your gigs pretty fast. It’s recommended you get at least 256 GB minimum, but more is always better. This is even truer if you plan to use your best photo editing computer for more activities like work or entertainment. And nowadays, a 1TB is extremely affordable and worth the investment.
And if you want a great computer for photo editing or a computer edit photo, then look into getting a solid-state drive instead. They’re a little pricier but the speed that you can move files around and download/upload them more than justifies the extra cost.
- The Monitor: Finally, the best computer monitors for photo editing or best computers for editing photos are big, vibrant, and bold. You’ll want to find a display that can show you a full range of colors and has HDR capabilities. Of course, you can also set up a couple of monitors to improve your workflow and productivity. You can also try the AIO models like the ones in our Yoga or IdeaCentre series because they make the best desktop computer for photoshop.
Whenever you make your choice on a computer monitor for photo editing or the best laptop computer for photo editing, just make sure the colors and screen are dynamic enough that you have excellent image quality down to the pixel.
Shop at Lenovo.com to find the best computer to edit photos
This page is dedicated exclusively to finding the best desktop for photo editing. Come here to find the latest deals, savings, and newest arrivals. If you’re still struggling to figure out what it is you need for photo editing on computer, then head over to our FAQ for plenty of guides, tutorials, and other helpful information.