Lenovo: empowering your home business
With remote work offering a better work-life balance and people starting their own entrepreneurial ventures, finding the best laptop to work from home or the best desktop computer for home business is one of the most important steps in making you succeed.
Lenovo is committed to supporting home business owners by supplying affordable, yet powerful tools for them to achieve their financial and commercial goals.
The best laptop computer for home business brings the office right to where you are. They allow users, whether they're entrepreneurs who work from their living room or beachside entrepreneur's able to take care of day-to-day operations while traveling abroad with just one laptop!
Advantages of Picking Lenovo’s Best Laptop for Home Business
Whether you work alone or have a small team that works remotely with you, there are many benefits of choosing the best laptop for home based work. Let’s take a quick look at a few of them below:
- Access advanced operating systems at home: Choose from powerful business OS solutions such as Microsoft Windows 11 or 10 OS.
- Resolute performance models: Whether the ThinkPad, Yoga, or Legion series, Lenovo models offer the best laptops for working from home.
- Laptops that are built to last: Lenovo laptops are designed to withstand the rigors of more active use when traveling.
- Intel and AMD-powered machines: Experience the newest and latest processing technology for all your business needs.
While the best desktop computer for home business used to be the top choice for those wanting to take their work home with them. These computers offered more power for better prices. However, today there are plenty of affordable, high-quality notebooks we’d label the “best budget laptop for working from home.”
The Best Work from Home Laptops
Lenovo laptops are the best laptop for working from home. Sounds obvious, we know but this is an advantage that shouldn’t be underestimated. For one, when your business AND your home are tied to two different physical locations, you have more hurdles to jump when trying to move to a different place for greener pastures its easily with our best laptop for work from home or anywhere you take it.
Also, if you want to take a vacation, the best home laptop can also become the best laptop for being at a coffee shop, restaurant, beach, or all three if you like!
However, don’t feel left out if you want a workstation a little more stable, the best desktop computer for home business offers similar benefits but with a little less flexibility. Your desktop will still be easy to pack up and move to a new house if you need.
Explore Lenovo models for best laptop for home office
Whatever your specific business needs, Lenovo has got you covered. In fact, this page is dedicated specifically to finding the best laptops to work from home. Here are most popular models:
- ThinkPad: In the business world, ThinkPad is one of the most popular brands that offer performance, versatility, and portability while using the latest technology software and hardware.
- Legion: Lenovo’s Legion line supplies top-of-the-line gaming capabilities, but they also make the best laptops for working from home too. Enjoy powerful GPUs, the best resolution, and more.
- Yoga: The Yoga 2-in-1 laptop/tablet combo offers unrivaled flexibility as its namesake implies. These make great laptops for the business person on the move.
- IdeaPad: Looking for the best budget laptop for working from home? The Lenovo IdeaPad offers a premium work experience at an affordable price suitable for the budding entrepreneur.
- Chromebook: Powered by Google Chrome OS, you will gain access to the entire suite of Google services.
Choosing the best laptop for small home business
When shopping around for the best laptop for small home business, you need to ensure you pick the laptop that’s perfect for your business needs. This is an investment into both your personal and professional future, so you need it to not only last enough for a good ROI but also doesn’t leave you banging your head because you forgot a mission-critical feature.
Are you a video editor or gamer or graphic designer? You’ll need something with an extra powerful GPU and a smart screen. Are you a freelance writer just starting out? You’ll get by spending less when looking for the best home laptop for getting your business off the ground.
Here are tips to considered when buying a laptop for online business:
Pick the operating system (OS) for your needs
Regardless of if you choose the Lenovo ThinkPad or Chromebook, the most important feature and choice you’ll make is the OS. The laptops you find on this page will feature Windows OS, which is the most popular. Windows supplies advanced productivity tools, top-notch security, an incredibly responsive interface, and much more. However, Chromebooks come with Chrome OS which is specially tailored to work with the Google suite of products.
What about the resolution?
We often recommend people go with the highest resolution they can get so that everything is clear and legible while making things like presentations pop and video calls crisper. However, we also understand that everyone’s budget is different and 4K laptops and monitors can be extremely pricey.
So, for the best laptop for home office, we’d say 1440p is a sweet spot where you can enjoy the benefits of great visuals, high pixel counts, and full HD without breaking the bank.
Screen Size Matters
Another important aspect to look at besides screen resolution is screen size. While bigger gives you more real estate to look at, it means your laptop will have a larger profile. So, if you're a traveler and always on the move, the best laptops work from home screen size might be between 11 inches and 16 inches. If you’re more stationary, you can look at larger screen sizes that go over 17 inches and above.
Choose the right specs for the best computer for at home business
Alright, these will be the most critical choices you’ll make when picking out the best laptop computer for home use. It involves choosing your hard drive type, RAM, CPU, and GPU. We know it’s a lot of acronyms and even experienced computer users and gamers get confused by them from time to time.
We’ll give you a quick breakdown of the major areas you’ll need to look at and why they’re important so you can make the most informed purchasing decision.
- CPU: Often dubbed the “brains” of the PC, the CPU controls the processing of your computer. The top dogs in the business that make the best laptops for work at home CPUs are Intel and AMD. There are latest generations to choose from but the Intel or the AMD are fantastic options for most business use.
- GPU: The GPU works to give graphics and other visual elements on your screen. If you’re not gaming or dealing with video editing, you’ll be alright not spending as much here as in other places for taking care of day-to-day business tasks. The big players here are Nvidia and AMD.
- RAM: RAM is one of the most critical components in your system’s performance. For the best laptops for work from home, you’ll want at least 8 GB of RAM for high productivity and fewer slowdowns.
- Storage: We’ll keep it simple and tell you to buy an SSD or solid-state drive. And external is better because you’ll be able to easily transfer important docs to another PC if needed. They’re lightning fast and offer more stability compared to their older HHD counterparts.
Don’t forget about accessories for the best laptop for home use
Now that you’ve chosen your laptop for your home business, don’t forget to check out some accessories that can help improve your productivity and push your business to heights.
Need help deciding what to pick? Here are key accessories to consider:
- External monitor: A larger second monitor will help you by giving you another screen for multitasking, improving your posture during those long workdays, and reducing the strain on your eyes.
- A wireless mouse and keyboard: These will allow you to work in a more comfortable position and also provide better tactical feedback for improved productivity.
- Wireless headphones: A good pair of noise-canceling headphones will come in handy when you’re on the go and need to block out the surrounding noise to focus on the work in front of you.
- Other accessories to consider: A laptop backpack to protect and carry the PC alongside other items. A mini-printer for times when you need to print or scan paper documents on the go. A mousepad to help in those times when your pant leg or the chair next to you is working.
Shop Lenovo for the best laptops for home use
At Lenovo, we’re committed to support all business owners and self-starters. Shop at Lenovo.com to find the perfect laptop for your home business.
Want to learn how to get started working from home? You can also check out our Lenovo FAQ here for more guidance on finding the right work from home laptop. And we’ve even put together a handy list of tips to help you succeed in working from home.
Lenovo.com pricing, restrictions, warranties, and more
Consumers Only: Lenovo.com sells and ships products to end-user customers only. Lenovo may cancel your order if we suspect you are purchasing products for resale.
Limits: Limit 5 per customer. Offers valid from Lenovo in the US only. Lenovo may increase or decrease these limits, from time to time, for certain offerings.
Ship date: Shipping times listed are estimates based on production time and product availability. An estimated ship date will be posted on our order status site after your order is placed. Ship dates do not include delivery times which will vary depending on the delivery method selected at checkout. Lenovo is not responsible for delays outside of our immediate control, including delays related to order processing, credit issues, inclement weather, or unexpected increase in demand. To obtain the latest information about the availability of a specific part number, please call the phone number listed in the masthead at the top of this page.
Same Day Shipping: Products ship within the same business day (excl. bank holidays and weekends) for orders which have been placed prior to 3pm ET and which are prepaid in full or payment approved. Limited quantities are available. Software and accessories will be shipped separately and may have a different estimated ship date. Same day shipping may not be available for some orders placed with Klarna and Zibby payment options.
Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Lenovo will contact you and cancel your order if the product becomes unavailable or if there was a pricing or typographic error. Products advertised may be subject to limited availability, depending on inventory levels and demand. Lenovo strives to provide a reasonable quantity of products to accommodate estimated consumer demand.
General: Review key information provided by Microsoft that may apply to your system purchase, including details on Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and potential upgrades/downgrades. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third-party products or services.
Trademarks: IdeaPad, Lenovo, Lenovo Legion, ThinkPad, ThinkCentre, ThinkStation, Yoga, the Lenovo logo and the Lenovo Legion logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Lenovo. Microsoft, Windows, Windows NT, and the Windows logo are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Ultrabook, Celeron, Celeron Inside, Core Inside, Intel, Intel Logo, Intel Atom, Intel Atom Inside, Intel Core, Intel Inside, Intel Inside Logo, Intel vPro, Itanium, Itanium Inside, Pentium, Pentium Inside, vPro Inside, Xeon, Xeon Phi, and Xeon Inside are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other company, product or service names may be trademarks or service marks of others.
Warranty: For a copy of applicable warranties, write to: Lenovo Warranty Information, 1009 Think Place, Morrisville, NC, 27560. Lenovo makes no representation or warranty regarding third party products or services. The Lenovo Limited Warranty applies only to Lenovo hardware products purchased for your own use, and does not transfer upon resale.
Battery: These systems do not support batteries that are not genuine Lenovo-made or authorized. Systems will continue to boot, but may not charge unauthorized batteries. Attention: Lenovo has no responsibility for the performance or safety of unauthorized batteries, and provides no warranties for failures or damage arising out of their use. Battery life (and recharge times) will vary based on many factors, including system settings and usage.
Pricing: Does not include tax, shipping and handling, or recycling fees. Reseller prices may vary. Savings referenced off regular Lenovo web prices.