Lenovo and Nutanix are joining forces to address the growing hyperconverged solution market. The Lenovo Nutanix hyperconverged solution offers a scale-out cluster architecture made up of Lenovo’s industry leading quality x86 servers.
- Video: Nutanix talks about ThinkSystem and ThinkAgile data center solutions
- Nutanix + Lenovo: Hyperconverged Infrastructure for the Enterprise Video [13:09]
- Lenovo and Nutanix: Mapping the Route to Leadership Hyperconverged Infrastructure (infographic)
The Driver for Hyperconverged
The explosion of virtualized server workloads such as databases, network services, collaboration applications, and unified communications has given rise to the need for a more intelligent approach to infrastructure management. With hundreds of virtualized applications running in a typical datacenter, IT infrastructure requires alignment with the virtualization stack. Traditional 3-tier architectures result in inefficiencies in provisioning, silos between IT and business units, and inability to scale globally as business needs grow.
The Lenovo Nutanix hyperconverged solution is an ideal solution for server virtualization. Using a web-scale architecture that integrates compute and storage resources into a 100% software-defined appliance, this solution empowers both large and small IT organizations to efficiently consolidate and run all virtualized workloads on a single system. Unlike traditional infrastructure with a finite number of storage controllers, each additional node added to this cluster incorporates a storage controller VM ensuring no bottlenecks in the architecture as you scale out. In doing so, you completely avoid forklift upgrades, irregularities in performance as new users are added, and can reduce footprint significantly.
Designed with intelligent data tiering, high-performance flash storage, and dense hard disk drives for high performance and low latencies across a large storage capacity – Lenovo and Nutanix services all of your critical enterprise applications on one platform, under a common management framework. Enterprise-grade features, including self-healing storage and VM-granular policies combined with consumer-grade management, enables IT to eliminate the operational complexity typical of server virtualization environments with 3-tier infrastructure and easily manage deployments around the world through global management.
- Single platform delivering high performance and predictable scale for any virtual workload
- Keep VMs running and protected with VM-centric backups and integrated disaster recovery
- Reduce TCO by 40-60% by eliminating IT silos, overprovisioning and simplifying datacenter operations