Blue Light Emissions
Blue light is part of the visible light spectrum that is considered HEV, or high-energy visible light. With mobile, computer, and television technology, people are now more exposed to blue light than ever before.
Blue-turquoise light is important to help influence the body’s clock, helping us to awake and sleep. Light from a little farther up the spectrum, however, can have negative effects, impacting eye health and sleeping patterns.
Lenovo Vantage Eye Care Mode
Lenovo offers an "Eye Care Mode" tool in its Lenovo Vantage software that enables users to reduce the amount of blue light emitted from their PC monitor.
How to use Eye Care Mode in Lenovo Vantage:
- Search "Lenovo Vantage" using your Windows operating system search function (in the Start menu or taskbar, lower left corner of your computer).
- Click "Lenovo Vantage."
- Click the "Hardware Settings" button on the main page, then select "Audio/Visual.”
- In the "Eye Care Mode" section, turn on the "Eye Care Mode.” Blue light emission will be reduced to a more comfortable level, and the slide bar cannot be moved. If the "Eye Care Mode" is turned off, blue light emission will return to the previous value that was set.
- You can slide the bar to adjust the blue light emission level when the "Eye Care Mode" is turned off. Sliding the bar to the left results in a warmer screen color and to the right, a cooler screen color.
For more information on Lenovo Vantage, including details on how to download and install it, click here.
Low Blue Light Certification
TÜV Rheinland, an independent provider of technical testing services for product safety and quality has awarded Lenovo with the world’s first low blue light certificate for All-in-One desktop computers.
The Lenovo All-in-One systems listed below have been certified “low blue light” by TÜV Rheinland, a leading provider of technical services worldwide headquartered in Cologne, Germany.
- ThinkCentre M700z
- ThinkCentre M7300z
- ThinkCentre M800z
- ThinkCentre M8300z
- ThinkCentre M8350z
- ThinkCentre M900z
- ThinkCentre M9500z
- ThinkCentre M9550z
- ThinkCentre M810z
- ThinkCentre M910z
- QiTian A74********
- QiTian A50********
Tips and Recommendations
- Avoid looking at your screen for extended periods of time
- Change your posture from time to time
- Look away from your screen occasionally and focus on something else in the distance
- Take short breaks at regular intervals (e.g., every hour) and stretch your legs.