Does everything but make the coffee
- Starting at:
- € 1,104.99
ThinkPad T490ModelsAll (0)Build Your Own (0)Ready to Ship (0)SHOWING MODELS
BUILD YOUR OWN
BUILD YOUR OWN
BUILD YOUR OWN
Dazzle yourself & others
Choose dramatic Dolby Vision® high-dynamic-range (HDR) technology, available on the WQHD panel that boasts increased brightness, expanded contrast, amazingly accurate colours, and refined detail. Combine with discrete graphics and the T490 is perfect for working with multimedia. Or go with the FHD low-power option for enhanced battery life. No matter which display you choose, the T490 features a new bezel design with a larger display area.
Tested for battle, built for life
Like all ThinkPads, the T490 is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks to ensure they run in extreme conditions. From the Arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero gravity to spills and drops, you can trust this laptop to handle whatever life throws your way.
Go from 0 to 80 in 60
The T490 delivers up to 16.1 hours of battery life*. And if you’re running low, Rapid Charge technology provides 80% capacity in just an hour. So a 60-minute lunch break or a layover can easily boost your battery up to more than 12 hours. What more could you need for life on the go?
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014 on the low-power FHD display panel. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors. Note that Rapid Charge requires the 65W power adapter.
Whether you’re out in the world or working at your desk, the T490 keeps you connected. The optional LTE-A card keeps you up and running worldwide*. Or use the ThinkPad Pro Dock (sold separately), a USB-C side mechanical docking station that easily connects with two male Type-C ports that slide into and automatically level your device. Once docked, your ThinkPad stays securely in place and connects to all of your peripherals—and it’s shared across all newer ThinkPads.
* WWAN must be configured at time of purchase, as it’s not upgradeable.
We’ve got your back—and your front
Keep your business data—and your privacy—safe with the T490 laptop’s comprehensive suite of ThinkShield security features. Its discrete Trusted Platform Module (dTPM) encrypts data and works in conjunction with Windows 10 security. ThinkShutter, a physical camera cover, blocks the lens to ensure that you’re only seen when you want to be. And the fingerprint reader uses biometrics to log you in with a simple touch.
For your eyes only
As part of ThinkShield security, we offer a combination of hardware and software that work together to ensure what’s on your display is for your eyes only. PrivacyGuard is an electronic privacy filter built into your system that decreases the angle of vision on your display, such that only your eyes, when facing head-on, can see content. All others see a darkened screen. PrivacyAlert* is an integrated software that works with the IR camera to ensure that if others look over your shoulder, then a popup notifies you of the potential threat.
*Requires the optional IR camera.show Moreless
Description Specifications ProcessorUp to 8th Gen Intel® Core™ i5/i7 vPro™ Operating SystemUp to Windows 10 Pro 14" Antiglare Display
- HD TN antiglare (1920 x 1080, 250 nit)
- FHD IPS (1920 x 1080, 250 nit)
- FHD IPS Touchscreen (1920 x 1080. 300 nit)
- FHD IPS with PrivacyGuard (1920 x 1080, 400 nit)
- FHD IPS Low Power (1920 x 1080, 400 nit)
- WQHD IPS with Dolby Vision® (2560 x 1440, 500 nit, 100% Adobe colour gamut)
MemoryUp to 48GB Battery
* Based on testing with MobileMark 2014. Battery life varies significantly with settings, usage, and other factors.
- Up to 16.1 hours* 50Wh
- Rapid Charge technology available with 65W AC
StorageUp to 1TB PCIe SSD Graphics
- Intel UHD 620
- Optional: NVIDIA® GeForce® MX250
- Dolby Audio™ Premium
- Dual far-field microphones
Dimensions (W x D x H)329mm x 227mm x 18.9mm / 12.95” x 8.94” x 0.74” WeightStarting at:
- FHD IPS / touchscreen & non-touch: 1.55kg
- FHD low power: 1.46kg
- FHD with PrivacyGuard: 1.67kg
- WQHD: 1.46kg
- WWAN: Optional: Integrated Global Mobile Broadband LTE-A
- WLAN: Intel® Dual-Band Wire-less 2 x 2 AC
- Bluetooth® 5.0
- Optional: NFC
- 2 x USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 2 x USB-C (1 Thunderbolt™ 3)
- MicroSD card reader
- Smart card reader
- Micro-SIM slot
- Headphone / mic combo
- HDMI 1.4
- HD 720p with ThinkShutter privacy cover
- Optional: Hybrid Infrared (IR) with ThinkShutter
- Spill resistant
- Bottom-load backlight with white LED lighting
AC Adapter65W (required for Rapid Charge) Security
- Fast Online Identity (FIDO) authentication capabilities
- dTPM 2.0
- Optional: Match-on-Chip touch fingerprint reader
- ThinkShutter, webcam privacy cover
- Optional: PrivacyGuard
- Kensington lock slot
Docking stations sold separately.Specifications may vary depending upon region.
- ThinkPad Thunderbolt Dock Gen 2
- ThinkPad Basic/Pro/Ultra Dock
- 1. USB-C AC power
- 2. USB-C Thunderbolt 3
- 3. USB-C
- 4. USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 5. HDMI 1.4
- 6. Headphone / mic combo
- 7. MicroSD card reader
- 8. Smart card reader
- 9. USB 3.1 (Gen 1)
- 10. RJ45
- 11. Kensington lock slot
- 12. Micro-SIM slot
ThinkPad T490Top Accessories
WE'RE SORRY, BUT THERE ARE NO ACCESSORIES AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME.
Bypass phone menus and scripted troubleshooting to access advanced-level technicians with the expertise needed to quickly diagnose and solve problems.1, 2
Onsite Service maximizes PC uptime and productivity by providing convenient, fast repair service at your place. In addition, with Tech Install CRU service the installation of all internal Customer Replaceable Unit (CRU) parts will be done on your behalf by a trained technician.1
This fixed-term, fixed-cost service and Sealed Battery warranty extensions helps you accurately budget for PC expenses, protect your investment, and lower the cost of ownership over time.1
Accidental Damage Protection
Protect your investment from operational or structural damage caused by common accidents like drops, spills, or electrical surges. This protection plan helps with predictable budgeting, minimizes unexpected repair costs and provides significant savings relative to the cost of non-covered repairs.1,2
Keep Your Drive
Retain your drive if it should happen to fail, giving you the peace of mind of knowing that your valuable data is secure.
1) Up to 5 years total duration
2) May not be available in all regions
Does everything but make the coffee