MINIMIZING DISRUPTION, MAXIMIZING PRODUCTIVITY.
From hardware to software, the list of constant updates and upgrades can appear to be endless and daunting. While deploying new technology can help an organization achieve its goals, it can also be a strain on IT resources. However, now you can maximize your IT productivity by reducing the number of your labor-intensive IT tasks.
For instance, swapping out an old PC for a new one can involve installing an image and migrating data & user settings - taking up to 3 hours out of a technician’s day. Automation can cut this time down to zero, and increase productivity levels by enabling your IT staff to focus on those projects that deliver greater value to the organization.
At Lenovo, we can help your organization save both time and money – and better balance efficiency with performance. We can do this through:
- Image Delivery: Cut technician and deployment time with pre-loaded customized imaging
- First Boot: Save from 20 minutes to over an hour of deployment time per PC
- Advanced Deployment: Fully automate your post-image deployment processes to minimize or even eliminate technician involvement
- InPlace Migration: Lower costs and resources with fast, consistent, and automated migration
- Lenovo Managed Services: For onsite tasks that require a manual touch and exceptional project management
- IMAC (Install, Move, Add, Change): Rollout/Refresh of servers, PCs, etc, - quickly and without business disruption
- End-of-Life Services: The quick, easy, and green way for IT asset disposal
- Whiteboard Sessions: Uncover greater efficiencies within your internal business processes.
For more information, click on any of the above links.
Faster deployments, lower costs.
Manually configuring and loading system images are time-consuming and costly tasks. Faced with a limited number of staff and budget, such inefficient use of resources can delay the delivery of higher-priority IT projects critical to organizational growth.
To address this problem, Lenovo offers a more efficient solution for all hardware brands - not just Lenovo. Working alongside you to meet your needs, our solution architects can:
- Create custom images in multiple languages
- Add additional device drivers
- Modify, migrate, or verify your own images
- Prepare images for manufacturing.
By having your own corporate image installed during the manufacturing process, you can substantially reduce the cost and complexity normally associated with onsite deployment. What's more, your IT team will be free to focus on more strategic initiatives.
Save time, resources, and costs
Before your new PCs can be put to use, your technicians need to perform final 'fast boot' configuration tasks. These include:
- Running Microsoft Sysprep
- Installing drivers, applications, and anti-virus software
- Encrypting hard drives.
Performed in-house, thse tasks can often take your IT staff between 1 and 2 hours. However, with Lenovo First Boot, you can automate the processes for any image type and move the activities into Lenovo manufacturing. As a result, you save time, resources, and costs - right from the start.
The benefits of zero-touch deployment
A great deal of technician time can be taken up with completing PC configuration – including joining domains, installing user specific applications, and moving user data. In fact, it’s estimated that it can take up to 200 minutes per technician per PC/user. And with larger deployments, It’s easy to see how quickly these costs can add up.
However, with Lenovo Advanced Deployment Services (ADS), you can minimize the number of manual touches in the migration process and reduce deployment time. Based on your unique environment, ADS can help to:
- Fully automate your post-image deployment process
- Migrate data via peer-to-peer and “in place” methods
- Automate manual installation steps with customizable deployment wizards
As a result, you can avoid unpredictable, high costs due to extra storage or manual errors. What’s more, you can lower your technicians’ time to just minutes or even to zero – enabling them to focus on other projects that deliver higher value to your organization.
Proven to cut costs.
System migration can be a huge resource-intensive endeavor. Multiplied across hundreds or thousands of PCs, it can be overwhelming and costly for any enterprise. According to Gartner, for instance, migrating from XP to Windows 7 can cost from $1,035 to $1,930 per user.
Lenovo's proven methodology can reduce your costs significantly by helping with:
- Full OS installation
- Application installation
- User, network and security settings
- Data and personality migration
- Migrate from XP or Vista®
- No legacy footprint.
Lenovo Managed Services
Contract staff, helpdesk support, project management, and more.
When it comes to short- or long-term IT projects, and even helpdesk support, businesses may occasionally need to call on extra staff or expertise. Rather than waste valuable time and resources looking for the right people, it pays to turn to someone you can trust – Lenovo.
Lenovo Managed Services offer you highly experienced IT technicians and engineers, as and when you need them. Based on your specific requirements, you can leverage the following:
- Contract Staff – We can deliver expert staff wherever your offices are located within continental U.S. for the hours and days that meet your business operations. Learn more.
- Desktop Management – We can fully support your end-user hardware and software support requirements, no matter what Windows desktop devices your organization use. Learn more.
- Helpdesk Support – Whether it's a hardware, software, apps, or connectivity issue, our experienced multi-vendor, multi-platform technical support team can meet your organization’s end user IT needs, 7x24x365. Learn more.
- Custom Support – Custom IT services with the flexibility and simplicity to support your unique environment, from IT deployment to operations. Learn more.
- Managed Installation – Through our Lenovo Project Managers, we ensure quality system rollouts and migration, saving you both time and resources by executing the process from factory to your desk. Learn more.
- Services & Technical Account Managers – By connecting your IT experts with our high responsive team of professionals, we can provide timely guidance, drive service issue resolution, and report on valuable service usage data. Learn more.
We can also help rollout servers and desktops, plus network, mobile, and printing devices – thereby reducing the complexity and costs. We do this through:
- Project Managed Deployment Services, featuring Lenovo’s Project Management Office (PMO) – End-to-end management of the entire deployment process, from ordering to installation. Learn more.
IMAC (Install, Move, Add, Change)
Delivering greater business value.
Lenovo’s single-source IMAC services enable you to focus your organization’s time and resources on IT activities that deliver greater business value. You can rely on Lenovo for ongoing help with:
- Install - Installation and verification of new systems
- Move - Movement of existing equipment to new locations
- Add - Addition of new accessories, memory, or processor upgrades
- Change - Change to existing configurations
- De-installation and disposal of systems or products via our Asset Recovery Services
- Reuse of existing menu-driven, self-install applications through our Advanced Deployment Services
- Accurate tracking and reporting to keep your project on time and on budget.
Based on your organization’s operational objectives, we can deliver IMAC services within or outside your office hours, anywhere in the United States and Canada. Learn more.
Safe, secure IT asset disposal.
As well as the cash value and sensitive data that obsolete electronic equipment may have, there are various environmental regulations that must be adhered to when disposing of IT assets.
Lenovo ensures secure and safe disposal of old technology – regardless of original manufacturer. In doing so, we can help save your business time, money, and brand damage through:
- Asset Recovery – Single-source, customized solution for the secure, certified and documented disposition of IT assets and data
- Asset Retirement – Cost- and time-saving way to address end-of-life IT assets at the point-of-sale.
In-depth workshops to find cost and time savings.
By examining closely your deployment practices, we aim to help optimize and streamline your processes so they best support your organization’s business objectives.
Working alongside you, our highly experienced Lenovo technical consultants look for gaps impacting costs and/or efficiencies, with special focus on:
- Internal process flows, from end-to-end.
- Provisioning and deployment scenarios.
- Use cases within those scenarios.
- Functional requirements.
- Image management.
Afterwards, you will receive customized solution reports that:
- Map out your current imaging processes and deployment workflows.
- Recommend more efficient and automated workflows, with associated cost assumptions.