- Helps reduce costs with lower power consumption, consolidation and space reduction
- Supports media partitioning on Linear Tape-Open (LTO) Ultrium 6 media and IBM Linear Tape File System
- Double the compressed cartridge capacity and over 40 percent better performance compared to LTO Ultrium 5 drives
- Designed to provide greater capacity and performance to address the most demanding backup and archiving requirements
- More energy efficient than previous generations
The IBM System Storage TS2360 Tape Drive Express—part of the entry-level IBM System Storage tape product family—supports the storage, security and compliance requirements of today’s organizations. The TS2360 leverages the newest generation of LTO Ultrium technology, helping to cost-effectively handle growing storage requirements.
The TS2360 Tape Drive Express is suited for handling backup, save and restore, and archival data storage needs with higher capacity and a higher data transfer rate than the previous generation. In addition, the LTO Ultrium 6 technology is designed to support media partitioning and Linear Tape File System Single Drive Edition. It also continues to support encryption of data and write-once-read-many (WORM) media.