- Optimized for applications requiring high density, high bandwidth and low latency
- Create SDN with OpenFlow now and planned VXLAN support via software upgrade
- Support for 86 SFP+ ports with up to 94 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) SFP+ connections in a 2U form factor
- Future-proofed with ten 40 GbE QSFP+ ports, with little over 2:1 oversubscription between 10 GbE and 40 GbE ports
- Unified fabric port (UFP) allows a single SFP+ 10 GbE port to be configured or carved up into as many as four virtual ports
The feature-rich Lenovo RackSwitch G8296 includes 86 x SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) ports plus 10 x QSFP+ 40 GbE ports, providing sub-600ns latency in a flexible 2U switch. Clients can easily design large leaf and spine networks for a more modern east-west traffic pattern data center or provide server aggregation for multiple racks of 10 GbE servers. The G8296 also delivers exceptional power efficiency, reliability and serviceability with redundant power and fans standard. Plus with a superior 3-year warranty and software license term, it is an ideal enterprise data center choice.
Perfect For Cloud
The G8296 supports many value-added features for modern cloud deployments including unified fabric port (UFP) to help improve performance and availability when using virtual NICs. UFP allows a SFP+ 10 GbE port to be divided into up to four virtual ports with the throughput speed of each port controlled by the switch. OpenFlow support helps clients easily create software defined virtual networks (SDN) and enables a remote controller to modify network devices.
The G8296 can help your data center evolve to a higher level, helping you consolidate network and storage networks into a single fabric. You can achieve lower costs, simplify management and attain higher performance with better bandwidth utilization—and the flexibility you need. Converged enhanced Ethernet can help deliver value for your iSCSI, NAS and FCoE enterprise storage environments.
Lenovo is the leading provider of x86 systems for the data center. The portfolio includes rack, tower, blade, dense and converged systems, and supports enterprise class performance, reliability and security. Lenovo also offers a full range of networking, storage, software and solutions, and comprehensive services supporting business needs throughout the IT lifecycle.