Shop Laptop by Specs | Compare Laptop Specs
Laptop by Specs
The perfect fit: Shopping for a laptop by specs
You’ve got several ways to shop for a new Lenovo laptop, from viewing models on retail store shelves to ordering pre-built or build-to-order systems here on Lenovo.com. To help you find a laptop, we offer this Laptops by Specs page, where you can search hundreds of models and filter with over 10 different parameters, from CPU and RAM to display size, graphics, and price range.
Shopping for a laptop by specifications is a great way to find the perfect ThinkPad business system, IdeaPad ultraportable, or Lenovo Legion gaming rig for your needs. Consider the relative advantages of the three most common ways people buy laptops:
- Off-the-shelf: Purchase a pre-configured, pre-priced system that comes with a standard set of features and specs. It’s an easy option, but selection may be limited, and the configuration may not fit your needs 100%. Many quick ship models are “off-the-shelf” to provide the fastest shipping.
- Custom order: Choose the processor, graphics card, etc. from a master list so your new system can be assembled and shipped. With custom laptops, you get the features you desire, but may need some PC know-how to mix and match components optimally.
- Shop by specs: Search available products for the components you most desire, adding selections to narrow the list until you find the model you prefer. The result is a highly personalized system – but without the uncertainties or delays of a custom order.
It's easy to see why it’s preferred to buy a laptop by specs. If you're shopping with a major manufacturer such as Lenovo, you get to choose from a huge selection of pre-configured systems that are ready (or nearly ready) to ship. Plus, you can benefit from whatever deals and promotions the manufacturer may be offering, which isn't always the case with custom builds.
10 ways to find the perfect Lenovo laptop
Lenovo wants you to find your ideal laptop – everything from screen size to processing and graphics power to storage technology and more. We've got hundreds of systems available and thousands of options to choose from. Use the selections provided on this page to narrow your choices according to these common specifications:
- By processor – Take your pick of latest-generation CPUs from industry leaders Intel® and AMD®.
- By screen size – What fits you best: compact (10"-12"), mid-size (13"-14"), or desktop replacement (15"-17")?
- By graphics – Choose a discrete GPU from AMD or NVIDIA® or a more affordable integrated option.
- By display – Focus on FHD (1,920 x 1,080), QHD (2,560 x 1,440), or UHD/4K (3,840 x 2,160+). Also, touchscreen or no?
- By hard drive – Go small and light (256 GB SSD) or find something bigger, up to 2 TB (based on stock).
- By memory – Balance price and performance. RAM options include 4 GB, 8 GB, 12 GB, and 16 GB & higher.
- By color – Express your style with a laptop that's blue, gray, white – even pink (based on stock)
- By operating system – Do you prefer Microsoft® Windows®? What about Google’s Chrome OS™?
- By brand – Limit your search to just ThinkPads, or Yoga 2-in-1s, or IdeaPads or Chromebooks.
- By price – Price-conscious buyers may opt to shop by price range, from $100-$299 to $2,000-$4,999.
It's a long list, buying laptops by specs is truly an easy way to shop. If you know your budget, start by sorting by price before picking components such as CPU and GPU, which can have a big impact on cost. If you need a laptop for work, decide if you need raw processing power, a huge display, or lots of storage, then sort your list by those components. The same goes for whatever you use your laptop for —from gaming to multimedia. No matter how you sort things, you'll end up with a top-quality Lenovo laptop to use for years to come.
Next compare what features are necessary for what you use your computer versus what features you want as extras. If you are still not sure or need more help picking the perfect laptop, check out our Laptop Buying Guide for tips on what to look for and more.